Page 484 of 699 FirstFirst ... 384434474482483484485486494534584 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,840 of 6989

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 484

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I was going to put up Part Four, full of introspection and deep thoughts and brooding sentiments, but then I had such a lovely weekend that I wasn't in the mood. I finished an interesting book (Everlost, in case anyone cares) and completed the edits on my own book (Runefly, in case anyone cares again) watched a darling movie (Tangled) and played a round of primal miniature golf (two holes in one!) and when Lady Friend got her own hole-in-one, she said demurely, "It is a statistical probability to make the hole at least once." and Gay Panda turned into a fourteen-year-old and cried, "THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!"

And then we drove to a steakhouse for dinner since miniature golf really works up an appetite, and we were leery about a car in the next lane which was weaving here, there, and yonder. Lady Friend guessed that the driver was on the phone. I guessed that the driver was drunk. We were both wrong. Pulling up, we looked over to see the woman was picking her nose. With gusto.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Hey, occasionally blowing your nose just doesn't work and you hafta go mining....
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Oh, I forgot to mention I read somewhere the other day a guy's rant about global warming. He was blaming it on daylight savings time. The gist of it was that when we added another hour of sunlight to the day, we added another hour of the sun heating up the atmosphere. Because, really, doesn't DST make it a 25 hour day?
    Ah, yes, there's an old Australian joke about how daylight savings makes your curtains fade ... at least I think most people realise it's a joke.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Ah, yes, there's an old Australian joke about how daylight savings makes your curtains fade ... at least I think most people realise it's a joke.
    I'm not sure Queenslanders do.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    This is the best cause of global warming I have ever read!!!
    And so easy to fix! 60 years of 23 hour days, and we'll be back to normal.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    That DST/Global Warming thing makes me laugh... I guess Indiana and Arizona are exempt from the blame for global warming then as they don't participate in DST.

Speaking of which... when do we turn our hours back to the 25 hour day setting???
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    no no... we are at the 25 hour day now. We return to standard (24) time soon... in November.

I kinda wish we could dump the whole DST thing anyway. High noon should just be high noon, and not 1pm during the summer. I hate that sundials are wrong half the year.

If we turn the clocks back and hour, we're gaining an hour. Spring = forward, Fall = back. I consider that moving to a 25 hour day.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    If we turn the clocks back and hour, we're gaining an hour. Spring = forward, Fall = back. I consider that moving to a 25 hour day.
    OK, so we turned the clocks forward on 3/11/12, and we'll turn them back 11/4/12. That's 239 days with the clock forward, where we lose an hour, and 126 days with the clock back where we gain an hour. That's 113 hours per year we end up losing. Almost five... whole... DAYS. Over the course of my life, I've already lost 226 days.

And you know who decided to implement DST? Huh? HUH? Not you and me. The GOVERNMENT. I demand to know what's happened to the 226 days the government has stolen from me. Where are they? What have they done to them? Can I get them back?

GIVE ME MY LIFE BACK, GUBMINT!!!!!

I coulda sworn there was still a half pound of bacon left in the fridge, too. I'm betting the GUBMINT got that somehow, along with my missing days. Crafty bastards.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    OK, so we turned the clocks forward on 3/11/12, and we'll turn them back 11/4/12. That's 239 days with the clock forward, where we lose an hour, and 126 days with the clock back where we gain an hour. That's 113 hours per year we end up losing. Almost five... whole... DAYS. Over the course of my life, I've already lost 226 days.

And you know who decided to implement DST? Huh? HUH? Not you and me. The GOVERNMENT. I demand to know what's happened to the 226 days the government has stolen from me. Where are they? What have they done to them? Can I get them back?

GIVE ME MY LIFE BACK, GUBMINT!!!!!

I coulda sworn there was still a half pound of bacon left in the fridge, too. I'm betting the GUBMINT got that somehow, along with my missing days. Crafty bastards.
    lmfao that is too stinking funny.

Seriously? November 4th??? But I want my extra hour of sleep NOW dammit!!