Page 476 of 703 FirstFirst ... 376426466474475476477478486526576 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 7028

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 476

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    *sigh*

I was on the verge of my own mental crisis anger/sadness journal rant concerning the autoimmune issues and decided to read your blog instead Panda...

Oh Panda!

I cried.
    NOOOOO!!!! Don't cry!!!!

(Sometimes teaching made me want to cry, especially that year with the horrible teacher Mrs. Woodpecker. No, contrary to what she believed, talking more to a child with autism DOES NOT CURE his autism! Who would have thought?!? And every morning when the bus arrived, she hid in the back room because she didn't want to deal with the children.)

scarabnight is offline Member
    Dearest Lady Friend,

Being of Swedish heritage, I agree that we aren't the most sociable of folk and I liked article in The Local. However, I looked at the link today because I was a bit behind in my panda stalking. While reading the article, I see that today is Kanelbullens Dag.... that translates out to Cinnamon Bun Day... a mass celebration of all things cinnamon bun... and now all I want are real homemade cinnamon buns...... evil Lady Friend... so evil...
    ~Kelly

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks"
    -John Muir

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    It's OK... I was kind of reading your blog to try to avoid crying anyway.

What I wrote before should have read "I was on the verge of my own mental crisis anger/sadness journal rant concerning [discovering my own] autoimmune issues... "

I just feel so LIED to...
    And I was kind of hit in the face with it the past couple of days.
    Not just my current "Brain" problems that I'm now approaching with LC/VLC (which seems to be working!)...
    But my much older nerve disease... I dug around and checked into it more and found that it's linked to AUTOIMMUNE now.
    I was always told it was nothing like that.
    I lost so many years of my life... to so much pain... and it could have been that simple?
    Or at least that could have helped tremendously.

It's a weird day.

And I'm sorry, but "diet changes" are not too hard. Being trapped by illness and a body that has reactions you have no control over is HARD!
    If only that boy could have been well long enough to show or tell her so...
    Last edited by cori93437; 10-04-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Lady Friend is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scarabnight View Post
    Dearest Lady Friend,

Being of Swedish heritage, I agree that we aren't the most sociable of folk and I liked article in The Local. However, I looked at the link today because I was a bit behind in my panda stalking. While reading the article, I see that today is Kanelbullens Dag.... that translates out to Cinnamon Bun Day... a mass celebration of all things cinnamon bun... and now all I want are real homemade cinnamon buns...... evil Lady Friend... so evil...
    Mwahahahahaha!!! You've discovered my evil plans!!!

Up with buns! Up with cinnamon!

scarabnight is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Friend View Post

Up with buns! Up with cinnamon!
    And there goes my mind right into the gutter....
    ~Kelly

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks"
    -John Muir

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    You left the gutter? Honey, I have a permanent home 6 levels below the gutter. I go to the gutter to visit.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Glad to see I'm not the only one. My mental picture included cinnamon sugar and lots of butter.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

I love lascivious ladies. Raise your sweet cinnamon buns, I'll bringthe heavy cream, we'll demonstrate how butter is churned.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Not just my current "Brain" problems that I'm now approaching with LC/VLC (which seems to be working!)...
    But my much older nerve disease... I dug around and checked into it more and found that it's linked to AUTOIMMUNE now.
    I was always told it was nothing like that.
    I lost so many years of my life... to so much pain... and it could have been that simple?
    Or at least that could have helped tremendously.

And I'm sorry, but "diet changes" are not too hard. Being trapped by illness and a body that has reactions you have no control over is HARD!
    If only that boy could have been well long enough to show or tell her so...
    How frustrating . . . sometimes I've had very good doctors, and other times I may as well have done the damn research myself. Good that LC/VLC are helping with the current issues! Is there anything else that can be done for the older one?

As to the 'diet changes', that was hard to watch. Most of the parents I worked with were very nice people, but occasionally we had highly frustrating families, and that was one of them. No, GFCF isn't magic, but HE IS MAKING EYE CONTACT. He's stopped the repetitive vocalizations and he understands a little game! He was waking up to this world and that was incredible for him. But since the diet changes didn't magically make him a regular little boy in the week she tried, it wasn't worth the effort. Other parents of students in Parker's classroom would have cried with joy to have some small responses.

I got to know her (both through the aide and socially) and she was just someone whose first priority was always herself and her convenience and her happiness. Anything that required effort on behalf of another person, even her own children, wasn't worth it.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    How frustrating . . . sometimes I've had very good doctors, and other times I may as well have done the damn research myself. Good that LC/VLC are helping with the current issues! Is there anything else that can be done for the older one?

There will be a very long winded and detailed post about this in my journal at some point this weekend.
    I intended to do it yesterday, but I was upset... happy, sad, angry, you name it... so I just posted a video and a little bit of info on what gave me the connection because I decided I needed to chill out first.
    The video covers both my Brain issues and the older Nerve disease.

What can I do? Well... that's the thing, I realized I'm ALREADY doing it. NO GLUTEN!
    After hearing about the connections to similar disease and autoimmune (in the video) and realizing that my symptoms are so much less already that it's almost unbelievable, that's what made me Google and find the new research that has linked my disease (research from just the past two years or so... I've had this since 1997) to autoimmune response.
    I think someone else from MDA posted a video too (Gluten and Autoimmunity Explained in 20 Minutes available on youtube)... it was annoying in presentation style but I listened to it and started wondering... and that made me look for more info... leading me to Nora Gedguadas lecture.

Changing my DIET has already changed my life... and I wasn't even paying much attention to it because I was so busy thinking about my head/brain issues and how to straighten that out I wasn't even really paying attention to the old issues.
    Last edited by cori93437; 10-05-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.