Page 462 of 703 FirstFirst ... 362412452460461462463464472512562 ... LastLast
Results 4,611 to 4,620 of 7028

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 462

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That was the one time I didn't get in trouble for hitting my brother (the other one, not the sticky one). We were in the back of the car, and he reached out and ripped out a fistful of my hair. I instinctively belted him and he screamed. My mother turned around, saw the fistful of hair (with roots and some scalp still attached) and told him he completely deserved it.

I was an only child for the first six years of my life. I love my brothers now, but I spent many years wishing my parents had decided to stop there.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    My mother turned around, saw the fistful of hair (with roots and some scalp still attached) and told him he completely deserved it.
    That reminds me of a Teaching Moment years go.

I had a student who enjoyed tormenting others. It was awful. He'd watch to see what kids' triggers were, and then do precisely whatever it was to set them off. I knew this boy for almost two years and nothing ever made it better, and over time, he got worse. He loved it. Take a kid's beloved stuffed Barney and enjoy the screaming, shove a kid to the cement and smile. There was no reason for any of it; all of these instances were unprovoked. Talking about feelings, time-outs, calling Mom and Dad, it made no impact. He was a predator, in kindergarten form.

Then one day, we got a transfer of a boy with high-functioning autism. Things had to be just so or he'd have a meltdown. Little Predator did what he did best and started preying on him. We stopped it as often as we could, but in a packed classroom, he still managed to get around us. And he'd take the kid's pencil. Nudge his toy. Scribble on his art project. Hiss a name. And then the victim would have his meltdown, throwing things and screaming and smacking other people, and Little Predator sat back with a grin.

Finally one day, as I let the kids out for recess, Little Predator did or said something to this kid (it was always unprovoked) and the kid lost his temper and punched him in the face. Little Predator looked back at me and another teacher, waiting for us to haul that kid off the playground, and we pretended we hadn't seen anything. And we didn't do anything. Little Predator deserved it. And he deserved every single punch from other kids that I'd managed to stop in time. And you know what? After that punch, Little Predator didn't bother that kid any more.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My sisters and I were always fighting. Well, that's not quite true. My youngest sister and I got along great and covered each others asses when middle sibling would create stories about how we were torturing her or exaggerate what we did to her. (Did I mention I saved middle sibling's ass from many a bully?) One day, I got thoroughly pissed at middle sibling's antics (she milked mom and dad and exploited her ADHD label), knocked her to the ground, and started a fight. I was tired of her being so damn special that she always got her way. Middle managed to get away and went running inside with a faceful of North Texas clay to rat me out. I'm running in to the house to deflect some of the punishment and I hear Mom say "Well, that's what you get for trying to start something. Go play."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I'm running in to the house to deflect some of the punishment and I hear Mom say "Well, that's what you get for trying to start something. Go play."
    LOL. I loathed one of my brothers for similar reasons. Once when I was about 10, I was alone in our shared bedroom, standing at the table watching my hamster spin in his wheel, and this brother sneaked up and karate kicked me in the back. Then he fell to the floor with a wail that I had struck him, and I got in trouble for it. Jackass favorite cub.

And the reason for no Q updates is that Q refuses to budge.

Lady Friend is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    NOTHING is as good as Get Down Mr. President, although Lady Friend might not agree.
    Hmmm, I'd say it's a toss up!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi GP! Long time no read as I've been busy with stupid stuff... (read: grad school assignments, work)

Congrats on finally getting Q to start moving. I'm also doing low carb, high fat, mod protein. It broke my plateau in 3 days after spending a month stuck at my own Q. You're doing great and I look forward to reading more of your stories.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    OMG OMG OMG GAY PANDA GUESS WHAT!! They have Cadbury SCREAM eggs!!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

difwiz is offline Junior Member
    RaeVynn,

Ok - you've piqued my curiosity...what is buttered coffee and "fat bread"????? I am dying to know.

Thanks!

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by difwiz View Post
    RaeVynn,

Ok - you've piqued my curiosity...what is buttered coffee and "fat bread"????? I am dying to know.

Thanks!
    Buttered coffee: strong coffee with 2 Tbls unsalted butter (grass-fed) and 2 Tbls MCT oil blended in until frothy.
    Fat Bread: a marvelous concoction that I found by doing a search of the threads here, then clicked the link to the original. It's fabulous slathered with either butter or baconaise.