Results 4,591 to 4,600 of 7028

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 460

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ahhh she's just a sore loser

or sore whatever she landed on
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

chumbert is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    I'll make you bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers as an apology, Mr. President.
    OK 1, that game is fun and 2, I made those bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers last weekend and WOW THEY ARE GREAT!

As you were....

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    I've been emphasizing fat the past few days, and tracking what I'm eating (just to try to cut down on the sheer volume of food I am downing - and the fruit. I go a little crazy with fruit), and I'm seeing my scale creep downward.

I think this might be a winner for me, too.

I'm drinking buttered coffee, and I made some "fat bread", and I'm also trying to stay away from the nuts (another food I go crazy with) (other than the nuts in fat bread, of course - but I only allow myself one slice), and I'm using lots of olive oil on my salads. And cheese. I got some blue cheese (from raw sheep milk!), and OMG, I'd forgotten how good blue cheese is!!! being a vegan totally sucked.

Anyway, Gay Panda dear, we are all in this together.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Hey GP, have you seen Mark's blog post today? About candida overgrowth?

Have you ever thought about this as a possible reason it's so hard for you to lose weight?

Just a thought...

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Goldie, I thought of this as well. I don't know if GP has had any digestive issues aside from GERD, however.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

From the sounds of it, the symptoms can vary from person to person, and digestive issues may not always be an indication. I was thinking of the hard-to-lose-weight, fatigue, depression, and cravings symptoms.

When so may other things have been ruled out, sometimes it might be helpful to look at any other possibility, no matter how remote it may be.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Naturally, we all picked up the fallen avocados and threw them at each other.
    This is because avocados are not a FOOD.
    They are a WEAPON.
    *Cries* over the shocking waste.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Panda? Oh, Gay Panda? Where are you?

*cups hands around mouth*

Gaaaay Paaaaandaaaa...

???

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Panda? Oh, Gay Panda? Where are you?
    Gay Panda still exists within this realm and will return here soon! I'm just in total writing/editing overload (this should not be construed as a complaint; I am perfectly happy with it) with the NaNoWriMo continuing on the writing front and three books being gone over word-for-word on the editing front. But here is a short tale of horror/amusement for readers who remember Mr. Magazine Time:

He has decided it is time to become a parent. Valhalla save us. He is advertising on Facebook for a child.

I can't even imagine it. You see, Mr. Magazine Time has a passion for one thing, which is doing as little as possible. If an apartment building was burning down, with clutches of people trapped on the top floor screaming for someone to call 911, Mr. Magazine Time would notice whoever owns the house across the street has been forgetting to water a tomato plant in the front yard.

While you would look at the apartment building in flames and the trapped people in horror, and dive into your backpack or pocket or snazzy Jack Spade bag for your cell phone to call 911, Mr. Magazine Time would wander across the street to take a closer look at that slightly wilted tomato plant. Maybe someone should get on that. And he'd look around for someone to tell about the plant while dispatch says you've reached Emo City 911, what is the exact nature of your emergency? and you yell oh my God, we need a fire truck on the corner of Werewolf and Vampire!

We understand what is important in a way that Mr. Magazine Time does not.

You notice a window being shoved up on the first floor and an old woman struggling to climb out, and of course, you run forward to help her while damning the fire department for not being able to teleport to the scene. The sirens are so far away. Windows are breaking and the fire is crackling, your heart is in your throat and your lungs are burning from smoke. Meanwhile, Mr. Magazine Time is noticing there is a hose by the tomato plant. Wonderful! He found the solution! He crosses the street happily as you are helping the old woman to the sidewalk, and he tugs on your arm. "I think, check it, just hear me out, I think you should water that plant over there. It's wilting."

"Are you insane?" you cry.
    "The hose is right nearby, and the spigot has to be somewhere around there. Just give the tomato a good soak. It shouldn't take more than twenty minutes. If it takes more than twenty minutes, you're doing something wrong."
    "But the apartment building is burning down!"
    "Well, I really think this should take priority. So get on that."

The fire trucks arrive with wailing sirens. Muscled men and women rush in with hoses and ladders to douse and save and look mighty fine while doing it. You fix your hair part just in case one of them is single, you silently cheer every time more people are pulled to safety, and you help the old woman to an ambulance when she feels faint. All the while Mr. Magazine Time is canvassing everyone in the area in order to find someone who will water that plant. It's wilting, you know. The hose is right nearby, and the spigot is somewhere. He tugs on fire fighters and on the rescued people, he tugs on the cops and EMTs. Incredibly, he tugs on the old woman while she lays on a stretcher pressing an oxygen mask to her face. The plant! See it? Right over there. Just turn the hose on it. Come on, you can do it. He shoots invisible guns and cries PEW-PEW to motivate her with his enthusiasm.

Readers, this is Mr. Magazine Time in a nutshell.

Just to get him to stop tugging, the old woman promises to water it later. The appalled EMT explodes that the plant can f*cking die and she doesn't care. A plant is not a priority right now. Don't you see the damn fire?! The fire fighters tell him to do it himself.

When Mr. Magazine Time finally realizes no one is going to water the plant for him, or they will get to it but much later, his face turns bright red and his lips pinch. This work HAS to be done THIS INSTANT, and NO ONE is doing it. It never once occurs to him to do it himself, or that it isn't even his plant or his house or his concern. He is unable to recognize that an apartment building on fire with people inside is vastly more important than a slightly wilted tomato plant across the street, and he is angry that no one sees it his way. And when Mr. Magazine Time is angry, he gets vindictive. He writes a vicious letter to the Emo City Tribune about the incompetence of the fire fighters, conveniently leaving out anything about the plant and presenting himself as the victim of their incompetence. He gives the cold shoulder to the old woman when he runs into her at Whole Foods the next week. He hints to the professional community of Emo the lie that you have a problem with drinking or drugs. Because none of you dropped everything to water the plant, and now you pay.

This man is going to become a parent.

Have a nice week.
    Last edited by Gay Panda; 09-10-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Well, in all seriousness, there are plenty of high school students who have been told they should become a psychiatrist. The present day high school juniors and seniors should graduate college just in time to begin treatment of Mr. Magazine Time, Jr. Wow! It's like a 10 year jobs plan! Contact the White House! Mr. Magazine Time just saved/created a job!
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.