Page 459 of 717 FirstFirst ... 359409449457458459460461469509559 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,590 of 7164

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 459

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Today's Q: 195.0

Oh, High Fat Menu. I wish I enjoyed you more. Ugh, avocado.
    Did you always feel like that about High Fat, or is it just boredom from repetition? What's your average HF day looking like now? I'm going more HF lately, which I'm enjoying so far (mmm, avocados) and it's finally kicking me in the right direction, but I'm wondering how I'll handle it in the longer term.

Any and all suggestions for new high fat meals gratefully accepted! So far I'm loving bacon and eggs cooked in lotsa butter in the mornings, and things like coconut cream/berry smoothies and Paleobird's pâté. Got the fridge stacked with high fat dairy on her recommendation, and I'm doing smaller portions of protein cooked in good fats in the evenings, accompanied by salad/vegies.

Eating out is a bummer though. Not too many places can serve you good quality HF stuff. :-(
    Last edited by Sigi; 09-06-2012 at 06:15 AM.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Did you always feel like that about High Fat, or is it just boredom from repetition? What's your average HF day looking like now? I'm going more HF lately, which I'm enjoying so far (mmm, avocados) and it's finally kicking me in the right direction, but I'm wondering how I'll handle it in the longer term.

Any and all suggestions for new high fat meals gratefully accepted! So far I'm loving bacon and eggs cooked in lotsa butter in the mornings, and things like coconut cream/berry smoothies and Paleobird's pâté. Got the fridge stacked with high fat dairy on her recommendation, and I'm doing smaller portions of protein cooked in good fats in the evenings, accompanied by salad/vegies.

Eating out is a bummer though. Not too many places can serve you good quality HF stuff. :-(
    It's a taste and texture problem for me. I can't stand the squish of the fat in beef or pork, I don't like chicken skin. However, I adore egg yolks - it's the white I don't like as much, again for texture reasons. I'm trying to keep fat at 70% anyway. Since dairy doesn't seem to affect my rate of loss, sometimes I put a glob of cream cheese on the end of a slice of roast beef and roll it up in there for a snack. Cream cheese is still gross though. I tried to make myself eat a slice of avocado last night in my salad, but I just couldn't do it. The squish. Today I'll make some guacamole, which is far more tolerable. I'm glad HF has kicked you in the right direction!!!

Eating out is pretty much impossible.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Breakfast this morning, scrambled eggs, A big slab of salmon fried in butter.. &....1 & a half HUGE AVOCADOS... Yummmmmmmm I Love avocados!
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I finally made it to the end! (Who needs sleep anyway.)

So y'all can carry on posting, now.

I have also purchased every single one of GP's books I could find on Amazon, and I have read Grayscale, Mother's Little Helpers, and I started The Dammerung.

So you get some more treadmill time, dear Panda!
    Aye-aye!!! And no one needs sleep! My body has decided for the last week it doesn't need to sleep at all, so I faked it out with magnesium and a double dose of melatonin last night out of desperation.

I hope you enjoy all that reading.

Oh, and Today's Q:

I will put up with gobs of squish if it just keeps going down like this.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    cream cheese beef rolls sound deeeeelishus

mom makes little snack bites for family get togethers sometimes, ham rolled up with cream cheese and a dill pickle spear & sliced up into bites

it's good, scout's honor. almost as good as get down mr president
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    ....1 & a half HUGE AVOCADOS... Yummmmmmmm I Love avocados!
    YUCKYUCKYUCK.

My elementary school had an avocado grove in the middle of it, which we had to cut through to reach the field for recess. Naturally, we all picked up the fallen avocados and threw them at each other.

This is because avocados are not a FOOD.
    They are a WEAPON.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    cream cheese beef rolls sound deeeeelishus

mom makes little snack bites for family get togethers sometimes, ham rolled up with cream cheese and a dill pickle spear & sliced up into bites

it's good, scout's honor. almost as good as get down mr president
    NOTHING is as good as Get Down Mr. President, although Lady Friend might not agree.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried putting chopped avocado in an omelette? It tends to blend in texturally like melty cheese. I love avocado, but I have a brother with texture issues, so I get why you might dislike it. Also, you might try making high fat sauces like hollandaise or avocado-based salad dressing.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    This is because avocados are not a FOOD.
    They are a WEAPON.
    Hunnny.. In my hands,... everythings a potential weapon
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/