Page 456 of 703 FirstFirst ... 356406446454455456457458466506556 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,560 of 7028

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 456

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    I consider that to be flat out thievery. I will go to the library and read books, and I will borrow books from friends. I actually buy a lot of (e)books.

I will not return a book I've bought & read. If I happen to buy a book that I discover is Not For Me, I will first try to think of someone I can gift it to. Next choice is to leave it on the free book table at the local library.
    Interestingly enough, there was a program a few years back in some airport bookshops that allowed you to buy a book and bring it back on the return flight for I think half the cover price?

Never occurred to me to just ask for a full refund. What a sucker I am!

But anyway, the bookshop was encouraging this. I can easily plow through a 360-page paperback in a couple flights, and honestly -- I don't re-read books anymore, there is no reason for me to keep them. I'm wondering if this actually helped sales at all. I know it encouraged me to try an author I wasn't sure I'd like, because I figured at the very least I'd get some money back....

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    It is so very hard to untie weight from worth.

and there was Gay Panda in their midst, a former Petsmart dog washer
    Cool! Me To! I still wash dogs ( and give them posh haircuts )
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    The worst part was the dog hair going up my nose!!! Blech. Well, that and the boss who hated The Gays.

We're trying to take over the world, you know.

spughy is offline Senior Member
    I think the world would probably be a better place if The Gays took over. Or maybe just horrible in exciting new ways, but it couldn't get much worse, really.

I have never returned a book in my life, except for once when I bought one for my sister as a present and then found out she already had it. But I even bought a cookbook once that was totally defective - one section was printed twice and another was completely missing - but I didn't return it even though I totally could have because I WORKED AT THE DAMN STORE EVEN - because it had been marked down 50% and I knew that at that rate, nobody was getting any money for it and if I returned it, it would just cost the store money for shipping it back and the publisher money for disposal, and really, I already had 2 other Two Fat Ladies cookbooks (awesome, btw - one of the few cookbooks I actually use) and there can't have been much in that missing section I really needed to know.

Quote Originally Posted by spughy View Post
    I think the world would probably be a better place if The Gays took over. Or maybe just horrible in exciting new ways, but it couldn't get much worse, really.
    That cracked me up. It would be horrible, but fabulously horrible.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    That cracked me up. It would be horrible, but fabulously horrible.
    and, consider the improvement in fashion sense... *grin*

[Reminds me of my friend Brad. Dear Brad. 6'6", and often wore his kilt to work. With a tie-dye t-shirt. Flamin' Fairy Gay Brad is how he describes himself!)

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    and, consider the improvement in fashion sense... *grin*

[Reminds me of my friend Brad. Dear Brad. 6'6", and often wore his kilt to work. With a tie-dye t-shirt. Flamin' Fairy Gay Brad is how he describes himself!)
    Now, there's a man I'd like to be friends with.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I worked with a gentleman at a hotel near Dallas's Gay Pride neighborhood (Oak Lawn.) This is a VERY hoity toity hotel, 6 stars on a scale of 5, yadyada. Said gentleman was generally fairly reserved, but made no bones about the fact that he was about as fairy gay as they came. He generally kept it quiet because of the clientele (no use sending Granny with pearls and a checkbook into a heart attack quite yet.)
    At one point, he happened to overhear a few of his coworkers (a maitre d' and a bellhop, if I remember right) bashing the gay community. This gentleman sidles up to them and just listens. As the maitre d' trails off, my coworker spoke up in the most stereotypical gay fairy voice you can imagine. "Oh, honey, we aren't so bad as all that. We're worse. We love EVERYONE." And he sashayed (I don't mean walked, he had his hips in on the action) away.
    I and the rest of the housekeepers were about to bust our collective guts.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Today's Q: 195.8

In a Breaking News Update from Shelob across the street: ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    The worst part was the dog hair going up my nose!!! Blech. Well, that and the boss who hated The Gays.

We're trying to take over the world, you know.
    *Snerk*
    If thats the worst you had to deal with, you must be one lucky panda... (or you dident stay there long )
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/