Page 451 of 704 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501551 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 7031

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 451

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    l DID NOT EAT ANY POTATOES! the youngest two and i went out to dinner tonight, and the Amercian Italian restaurant was able to put roasted vegetables under my chicken with ariabatta sauce. of course, that's after i was tempted with fresh focaccia. I failed you all on that front. failure is so delicious. so was the creme brule.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I also ate out tonight... my FIRST "low sodium/low oxalate/Primal" meal out.
    (I was out supporting a friend who was in a figure competition.)

Steak place...
    A. I had to order water with Lime... no other options.
    B. I had to request a special salad with "no olives, no carrots, no spinach"
    C. There were rolls delivered... coated in salty garlic butter from husbands report. He said they were pretty good, I did not partake.
    D. They would not sub any veg at all for the "potato" option that came with the meal ... there were like 5 potato choices... So I had to order a vegetable ala carte at full cost... Seriously.
    I ordered the Grilled Asparagus w/ a gorgonzola fondue.
    It was DELICIOUS with my steak (unseasoned).
    It was a really, really good steak. That place has GREAT beef!

No dessert. I managed to stay low sodium/low oxlate/Primal.
    WINNING.
    Last edited by cori93437; 08-25-2012 at 12:55 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Glad to know I'm not alone in my potato eating! Okay, you can even have some of the nice new potatoes out of my CSA box.
    *bounces excitedly*
    If I make mashed taties with heeeeeeeeeps of grassfed butter and Himalayan salt, that's fully Primal, right!?

Cori, I feelz the sads for ya. But your resolve and self-care are impressive, lady!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

primal me is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Potatoes, Chocolate, AND Nuts!
    I also CANNOT EAT NUTS!!!

So, primal me, you are doing double duty!
    Good job!

Keep up the good work everyone.
    You are all inspiring me to behave, as I can now live without fear of the world being overrun with the excess foods that I can no longer eat.
    It's a tall order but I think I'm up to the challenge! Had half a snickers bar at the movie tonight, it had chocolate and nuts together though I much prefer dark chocolate they did not offer any as part of the combo. Dratted overpriced theatre concession! I also ate more than my fair share of the popcorn, I never used to eat much of the popcorn and now I seem to eat more of it!
    I'm a 39 y/o mother of 3 sons ages 12, 14, and 15
    HT: 5'7"
    SW: 223 June 2012
    CW: 191.4 April 21 2013
    TWL2D: 32 lbs

Primal Goals: to feel healthier, fitter, and sexier than ever before

Favourite primal resources: The Food Lovers Make it Paleo cookbook, Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo, The Food Lovers Kitchen, Primal Kitchen: A Family Grokumentary and of course Mark's Daily Apple!

Ottawa is offline Junior Member
    Dear Gay Panda,

I am new here (*waves*), and my account was just activated, but I have been reading through your journal for the last week or so (I am at page 200). Like many others before me, I just have to say that I adore your journal, and I wanted to thank you for writing it and sharing so much with us. You are a wonderful writer, and I am enrthralled by your stories.

A bit late to the discussion, but I was deeply saddened by the death of Primal Coach Kitty...I am sorry for your loss.

I am excited to read the rest of your journal, and I wish you continued success in resisting potatoes!

(Hi Lady Friend!!)

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa View Post
    I am excited to read the rest of your journal, and I wish you continued success in resisting potatoes!

(Hi Lady Friend!!)
    Hi, Ottawa! I'm glad you enjoy FABULOUS! I am afraid that I lost the Potato Battle several times on my road trip between Nebraska and the Magical Bamboo Forest, which will shock absolutely no one.

Lady Friend says hello!

Blackbird is offline Senior Member
    Completely off any recent topic, but I was searching for a recipe and found this in passing:
    Paleo Creme Eggs
    "Wait! I'll fix it!"
    "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
    "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

primal me is offline Member
    Oh wow! Those looked so good. Yesterday I discovered green creme eggs! I bought two then completely forgot about them until I saw that post! LoL, used to be I would eat them just as soon as I got them home. I'll see how long I can forget I have them, now that I remember I don't think they'll last the day.

I went shopping yesterday and was able to buy jeans a size smaller and when I tried on hoodies the larges fit too! I have been buying plus sizes and extra larges for so long I can't remember the last time I was able to buy regular size clothes so I was a wee bit euphoric yesterday.
    I'm a 39 y/o mother of 3 sons ages 12, 14, and 15
    HT: 5'7"
    SW: 223 June 2012
    CW: 191.4 April 21 2013
    TWL2D: 32 lbs

Primal Goals: to feel healthier, fitter, and sexier than ever before

Favourite primal resources: The Food Lovers Make it Paleo cookbook, Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo, The Food Lovers Kitchen, Primal Kitchen: A Family Grokumentary and of course Mark's Daily Apple!

Hercules may have slain a nine-headed Hydra, but I doubt that he could have stayed primal on a road trip.

It was not a complete loss, if loss is defined as an orgy of pizza and soda and crackers and fried Twinkies and hot fudge sundaes and guacamole chips. But it was not a complete win, if win is defined as how I can eat when I’m at home.

In the charming city of Somewhere-in-Nebraska, there was a Red Lobster. Trying to find a better restaurant with spotty cell service is a challenge, so Red Lobster it was. Rolls and potatoes happened. In Vernal, Utah, which sports a dinosaur statue wearing a bikini and eyes that glow at night, I ordered the turkey dinner. Stuffing and potatoes happened. In fact, there were many instances of Potato, to the point where in Reno’s* Whole Foods, I looked at the hot bar tub of potatoes and thought ugh.

So I’m back in the Magical Bamboo Forest and feeling gross. I’ll drag my sorry and bloated self to Whole Foods this afternoon and hold off on discovering my Q until September 1st because right now, I am sure the number would make me even more sorry. It can wait three lousy days. To help curb the cravings, I am reading about the Donner Party.

It is surprisingly effective.

UPDATE: (in explanation of *)

* Nevada, your roadwork that stretched from one side of the state to the other and had Reno at a standstill made me circle all sorts of faces on my feelings charts, with the exception of the happy ones. You're not even doing anything in those constant fifteen mile stretches of orange road cans and DOUBLE PENALTY warning signs for driving over 55.