Page 448 of 703 FirstFirst ... 348398438446447448449450458498548 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,480 of 7028

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 448

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    thanks for sharing jenn. when i'm camping and water is scarce, i rinse my hands (a little splash of water, then rub vigorously) and then finish with some hand sanitizer. maybe i should reverse the order. sanitation is on my mind right now, as the little one developed his first ever case of impetigo. he keeps touching his face and it's driving me nuts. i have something on my lip, and i can't decide if it's impetigo or just a cold sore. anyway, i'm washing my hands frequently, drying with paper towels (that's killing this hippy), applying tea tree oil like there's no tomorrow, soaking toothbrushes in hydrogen peroxide, and bleaching our dishes (also killing this hippy). with all that, i still feel really anxious about teh germs. Tea tree oil is making a big difference, the sores have shrunk considerably over night. anyway, i can relate to the OCD thing. usually i can shove my anxious tendencies into a deep dark hole, but when one of the kids get a bacterial sort of illness, i get a little overwhelmed and crazy. what i'm doing it totally rational, how i'm feeling really isn't.

Cell phone lady sounds like a certain relative of mine. She has horrible phone manners. And she's so funny about it too. She'll answer the phone and sit down in the living room while others are watching a movie, and ask them to put the TV on mute, when she could just leave the room. Hello cordless! She'll talk on the phone in random awkward public places at a really loud volume. And here's my favorite: sometimes she'll call to chat on her drive to work, and after she has finished talking about herself, she'll cut me off from saying anything to let me know that she has to go because she's reached her destination, someone important is on the other line, or something like that. Alrighty, if you're busy please don't interrupt my time to talk about yourself! When she calls, if i tell her i've got to go because i need to solve some kid-related crisis, she'll say something like "oh, i'd better let you go then" and continues talking nonstop.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 08-23-2012 at 11:28 AM.

A lot of workplaces have soap dispensers that use soap with Triclosan, and they're not exactly labeled that way. I try to avoid AB soaps, and decided to stop using the soap at work. Urinals are hands-free auto-flush, so I figure vigorous water-only is enough (sorry, TMI, I know), and I actually bought an AB-free soap to use if I have to drop a deuce (again, sorry). Point is, if using only water, just rub hands thoroughly and towel off thoroughly; and don't be so sure you are avoiding Triclosan in the workplace.

Triclosan is ubiquitous. I learned about its ineffectiveness around a decade ago through a memorable rant from a friend who was a nurse. She knew about it then I think because they taught her in nursing school. and yet it's still used today practically everywhere. when i absolutely have to use public restrooms, i use my foot for flushing the loo. unfortunately, there's no way out of touching knobs and such.

obsessed is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    Triclosan is ubiquitous. I learned about its ineffectiveness around a decade ago through a memorable rant from a friend who was a nurse. She knew about it then I think because they taught her in nursing school. and yet it's still used today practically everywhere. when i absolutely have to use public restrooms, i use my foot for flushing the loo. unfortunately, there's no way out of touching knobs and such.

I use the napking or paper towel to open the door knob... and I am screwed when there are none.

yes, i was thinking of the stall door. from an environmental perspective, i like the hand dryers. but personally, i hate em and will always use paper towels instead if i have a choice. if i have to open the door with my bare hands, i'll use my pinky instead of my entire hand.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I make up stories about people who drive me crazy, too. (Not usually such funny ones- mine tend toward teenage angst or death of relatives.) It is my way off reminding myself to be compassionate, and not my natural meany self. "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation," and all that. I know there have been times in my life when I have wondered 'can't people just tell that I am at the end of it all? Have they no kindness in their souls?!" We're all such good actors. We can look perfectly normal, even when we are dying inside.

Congratulations on not running her down.
    Last edited by Sabine; 08-23-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: grammar!

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    GP, you have another dedicated fan here! I love this journal!

And I have to say, I'm a germ lover. I have eaten insects and dirt on purpose. I never follow the 5-second rule. And I kiss my dogs on the lips.

I also haven't been sick that I can remember... at least not in the past 4-5 years.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Gay Panda has hearing problems, as you all know. Say ringing and I hear raining, cat and I hear catch, and if you really wanted to confuse me, you'd rattle stocks slump on dashed stimulus hope, pointing to stalling global growth and I'd hear stocks slum-BOOP-boop-boop-BOOP-boop-boopity-boop global boop. My brain does not easily connect spoken words to meaning, and this situation is exacerbated by pulsatile tinnitus and hearing loss.

Today at a restaurant, a man said, "What you have to be careful about when sailing in the Gulf Coast is herpes!"

I was fascinated, having never thought to worry about herpes while sailing anywhere. And it seemed so brash to bring this up loudly at a nice restaurant. Sailing can give you herpes! Who knew? Is it in the water? The air? On the boat somewhere, like a barnacle? How do you get herpes from sailing in the Gulf Coast? What kind of herpes? Isn't there more than one? Did I dare to ask? No. It doesn't matter. I don't want to get any kind of herpes from sailing. It struck me then that I must have heard him wrong, and was rewarded seconds later when he repeated himself to someone else.

Hurricanes, ducklings, not herpes. Hurricanes.

* hangs head in shame *

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    GP, you have another dedicated fan here! I love this journal!

And I have to say, I'm a germ lover. I have eaten insects and dirt on purpose. I never follow the 5-second rule. And I kiss my dogs on the lips.
    Hi, Goldie!!!

I was going to run screaming out of my own journal at that, but then I remembered how much grass I ate as a cub trying to turn into a pegasus so I could escape school. It never worked, but I certainly put a panda-shaped groove in the fence from running bodily into it.

Quote Originally Posted by JEL62 View Post
    Gay Panda I don't really care what you eat... it doesn't really affect me at all. I respect that you are being you... whatever the cost. You own your life and more than anything that earns you the right to be respected. In fact I respect you as much as I respect Meryl Streep as the Rabbi in this video. You both are wonderful.
    Thank you, JEL62!