Page 441 of 717 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451491541 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 7164

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 441

primal me is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    I've started reading "Grayscale" [note to Gay Panda: pound out a few miles on the treadmill! I bought another story today ]

I'm really trying to work on my Accounting coursework. However, I think I'm stupid when it comes to math. Why did I want to do this degree, anyway?
    I am just going into my final year of accounting and I am also asking myself that. My first year accounting instructor liked to point out to us how his then 5 year old son could do accounting, thus anyone could do it. I was a bit insulted but not so much as by the bookkeeping instructor telling us a MONKEY could do it so could we. At least I'm moving up the evolutionary scale because now I know a MORON can do it as long as they have the RIGHT CALCULATOR, but don't forget you need the manual otherwise you can only do basic math and not amortizations. UGH!

Rant finished. I apologize to GP for ranting all over your thread. Hope the Magical Bamboo Forest is experiencing the same nice sunny weather as this little corner of Canada is

And now back to work I go ...
    I'm a 39 y/o mother of 3 sons ages 12, 14, and 15
    HT: 5'7"
    SW: 223 June 2012
    CW: 191.4 April 21 2013
    TWL2D: 32 lbs

Primal Goals: to feel healthier, fitter, and sexier than ever before

Favourite primal resources: The Food Lovers Make it Paleo cookbook, Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo, The Food Lovers Kitchen, Primal Kitchen: A Family Grokumentary and of course Mark's Daily Apple!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I remember using a friend's calculator when I was a kid- the kind with the big side crank. Every time you pulled it, you felt like you were about to hit the jackpot. It made me think being an accountant must be the best job ever! Plus there was the bonus of the incredibly long roll of paper, which she never tore off, just kept piling up. When she was looking for a particular transaction she would swish the roll through her hands, in a very exuberant fashion. Who says accountants are boring?

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primal me View Post
    I apologize to GP for ranting all over your thread. Hope the Magical Bamboo Forest is experiencing the same nice sunny weather as this little corner of Canada is
    Hot here. I'm hiding indoors blowing kisses to my beloved air conditioner!

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Here it's hot, but since it only gets hot for maybe one week a year, we don't have air conditioners. I'm ok because I'm less than a block from the ocean and today at least there's a cool breeze. My sister lives further inland and is currently claiming refugee status in my house.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Hi hi Gay Panda and everyone!

Just wanted to say that I'm loving your journal, but I'm only on page 357. Be back in 90 or so pages.

Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Holy crap, it's turned into Crazy Person A arguing with Crazy Person B.

I feel like I'm watching a pair of psychotic sock puppets going at it. With iodine.
    LOL.

Today it almost looks like Crazy Person A arguing with Crazy Person B arguing with Crazy Person C. Trolls! Master Trolls! Conspiracies! Banned! Chaos and destruction! Nuclear explosions! Missing apostrophes! Bad words! Poisonings! There's a bizarre fixation with Paleobird (hi, Paleobird!!!) and insults flying and claims of insensitivity and it is so very awful that adults can't have a calm and civilized discussion about the benefits or lack thereof in iodine supplementation. I guess we need to add IODINE to the Hot Topic List you do not bring up at Thanksgiving dinner, like abortion and politics.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Hi hi Gay Panda and everyone!

Just wanted to say that I'm loving your journal, but I'm only on page 357. Be back in 90 or so pages.
    Hi, JoanieL!!!

I can't believe my journal has gotten this long.

Today's Q: 197.2

I was going to write something witty about it, but instead I spent the last hour reading the iodine thread and now I have to get to work.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    *sticks head in*

Hi Panda and all! Sorry I was AWOL--I was off at the Big Pharma Shill conference with Paleobird and just got back today.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Helloooooooooo to my favorite Panda ever!

I haven't been here in a while, but I'm caught up again now.

And guess what... I feel FABULOUS!
    I'm taking a new drug along with my other medication... and weeeeee!
    I feel good for a change! Just a bit high even, but it's LEGAL... and I've felt bad for so long I kinda feel like I'm owed some fun.

Dunno how long it will last, tanking it while I can!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.