Page 437 of 704 FirstFirst ... 337387427435436437438439447487537 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 7031

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 437

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    just popping in to say I finished Toys! Please say there is going to be a pt2! I gotta know what happens with Ambress & Pandor!!! I absolutely loved the story. Or maybe pt 2 is out & I just missed it?
    There is not going to be a Part Two, but I'm glad you enjoyed it so much!

*******SPOILERS****** (if you are reading Toys, don't read below)

I didn't want that to be the ending either, and I really struggled with it. I felt like I'd violated some principle of literary romance and how love always wins out. But Ambress adored her father and identified so strongly with his goals; to see how he sacrificed for her was more than she could bear. To throw it all away for Prandor and a life quite possibly in poverty and societal rejection . . . Ambress was not by nature a rebellious person, and it felt like rejecting the one parent who truly loved her. She accepted her society and its flaws. And would she have been any happier with Prandor? I think she might have resented her decision in time, especially if his business never took off and she was struggling in a way that she never was prepared to struggle. Selling Le Secours would have broken her heart all over again.

She ends up with two sons by Nathan and lives as Fiefe, and she is able with the money and connections to replace three of the four missing necklaces over the years. Prandor marries a woman of the Kratos and has his daughters.

Quote Originally Posted by pixiecatmandi View Post
    Hiya Panda! I've been reading but my stupid-head work people had commenting blocked somehow. I've found a way to get back to commenting though!

I'm sorry about your fight with Q. I'm having my own battle with it. From 280 to 242 back up to 270. Bah, being a Q sized anything is very hard. I'm glad you haven't given up. I'm sorry to say that I did give up for a while and found out that giving up just means that I'll become triple-Q sized rather than simply bouncing around Q sized numbers.
    Hi pixiecatmandi!

I hate Q so very, very much.

spughy is offline Senior Member
    GP I just wanted to say that I really liked the ending to Toys. It kinda made me go "huh" and think a bit... it did feel a bit like a kick in the pants, but not necessarily in a bad way. You're right, there's no other way it could have ended without one or both of the characters giving up things that were more important to them than relationships. And it was a great story. I really enjoyed it. I WAS sad at the ending but only because there was no more of it left to read.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    I've read "Mother's Little Helpers" and loved it! I'll confess, I think you must have used my husband for "Hank"... well, except I think mine is cuter... and yes, I do know how lucky I am.

I've just started Dammerung...

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Thank you GP...now I have "closure". lol I guess its like what Spughy said...I was just so sad that I was at the end & wasn't ready to give up the characters. After some thought it does make sense now.

thanks again for a great read! Can't wait to start the Dammerung soon!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

pixiecatmandi is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    There is not going to be a Part Two, but I'm glad you enjoyed it so much!

*******SPOILERS****** (if you are reading Toys, don't read below)

I didn't want that to be the ending either, and I really struggled with it. I felt like I'd violated some principle of literary romance and how love always wins out.
    I really liked the ending. I very much dislike the amount of books/movies in our culture that force a relationship to work, no matter what the circumstances. What's wrong with an ending where the love disolves into friendship, nothing, or heartbreak? Not every romance is meant to last forever, not every media-romance should.
    Starting weight, July 13, 2011: 286 pounds
    Lowest weight, April 1, 2012: 242 pounds
    Current Weight, Aug 15, 2012: 270 pounds

Goal: 135-ish, When I feel happy/healthy/right

Long ago, when Gay Panda was a Teenaged Panda Cub*, that cub made the mistake of going to the mall with Mother Panda.

Mother Panda was a perfectionist. If the Christmas tree happened to lean a millimeter to the left, even after having been wrestled with for half an hour by grunting, swearing, angry and headless Father Panda sprawled out underneath it, she’d screech, “It’s not STRAIGHT!” This went on every year, one not-straight tree after another disgracing our living room and ruining Christmas, and Father Panda grunted and swore some more and got ever angrier while I cringed and waited for the explosion. The tree rustled this way and that with Mother Panda screeching, “It’s not STRAIGHT!” like a broken record. One year I was the one who exploded, screeching back that the tree was bisexual, and we needed to accept the tree for who it was.

I can’t get worked up about a Christmas tree being the barest breath off. I don’t care. The vitriol bubbling up over the efforts to get the stupid tree perfectly straight weren’t worth it. So it leans to the left. Personality! It wasn’t like a camera crew for a luxury home magazine was coming over to take a picture of our millimeter-off-center-and-ruining-Christmas tree.**

But we’re getting sidetracked.***

I have no idea why I went along on the infamous Mall Trip when I was fifteen. It wasn’t because I needed clothes, nor did Mother Panda require assistance with carrying bags when she was only on a personal quest to find a pair of black socks. Four hours later, I was in deep regret that I had gone. In all that time, she had not managed to find the perfect pair of black socks. Too long. Too short. Too black. Too ribbed. Too expensive. Wrong fabric. Wrong this. Wrong that. Wrong wrong wrong wrong WRONG. By the time I climbed back in the car, I was spent. It was a large mall with four huge department stores and numerous other clothing shops along the promenade. We’d seen countless pairs of black socks, looking more or less all the same to me. The fruitlessness of our venture made me hesitate to ever go shopping with her again.

This really has nothing to do with weight issues, except that this morning as I crossed that hump on the scale, I was overcome with that same sense of fruitlessness and exhaustion from the mall and the Christmas trees of long ago. It was a relief as well, true, but to have to do it again was tiring. Clearly, I am not someone who can gauge by how my clothes fit if I’ve gained until I’ve gone way overboard. I need that damn scale. Two months of fruitlessness (from February to April) in weight loss was disheartening, and I stopped weighing.

Right now the ticker tape across my brain reads ERROR, because this was a foolish decision.

UPDATE: (in explanation of *, **, and ***)

* In preppie clothes but with a Gothic heart.

** It was better that they didn’t, or you would have opened up your holiday issue of Ritzy or The 1% and noticed that among the lights and tinsel and ornaments were my dental retainers, strung with festive green and red ribbons and hanging from the branches.

*** This sidetracking was brought to you by today’s Q of 199.0.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    2 lbs down! Awesome.

Sorry Q is still being bothersome, but at least Q is showing some cooperation by widdling a wee bit...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    I've read "Mother's Little Helpers" and loved it! I'll confess, I think you must have used my husband for "Hank"... well, except I think mine is cuter... and yes, I do know how lucky I am.
    LOL. Sadly, the character of Jack was very loosely based on a former coworker's husband. He didn't think what his wife did (teaching) was as important as what HE did (accounting). Even though they both worked all day long, and she was the one who ran the household when she got home, she just wasn't quite his level. (He was also obsessed with her weight, wanting her to be 120 pounds or under just like Britney Spears - who was 20 at the time. My coworker was 55, had had several children, was 5'5", and weighed a shocking 125. She was attractive and dressed well, but those 5 pounds bugged him like nothing else.)

Line up below for Virtual Arse Kick to Former Coworker's Husband:
    1. Gay Panda
    2. Lady Friend
    3. Insert Your Name Here