Page 436 of 717 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446486536 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 7164

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 436

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Last night, after posting my menu for the day, I giggled to myself at how I’d duped everyone into thinking I eat healthy and skittered to my freezer for a giant peanut butter ice cream sandwich wedged between fat sugar cookies. I ate four or five massive bites, thinking this doesn’t count it’s barely anything it only counts if I eat the whole thing, and put the rest back in the freezer to be finished the next night. Then I giggled some more at how clever I am, making it not count by splitting it up into different nights and pulling the wool over the eyes of people I’ve never met on the Internet, and I thought fondly of everything else in my life I’m getting away with currently, like my latest high tech international espionage scheme where I get to slink around fancy lobbies in Morocco looking for the shifty-eyed man with the white rose in his lapel, to trade a flash drive with an ominous X scratched on the side for a snazzy leather briefcase in premium soft crocodile that is filled with rubber-banded stacks of money or a bomb, depending on my mood.*

Then I woke up. I promptly went back to sleep again and dreamed I was burning down one of the schools I used to work at years ago. For all my fourth grade readers, know that it is not only you dreaming of burning down your school. Some of your teachers want to do that, too.**

In the morning, while I stumbled about in that hazy mental space where dreams and reality are equally balanced, I felt terribly guilty for lying here in FABULOUS about the giant peanut butter ice cream sandwich wedged between fat sugar cookies. Then reality won out and I realized I had done no such thing. I checked the news for my former district and was reassured that no schools burned down last night either.

I am both disappointed in yet another failure of magical skills and relieved.

UPDATE: (in explanation of * and **)

* This run-on sentence was brought to you by today’s Q of 200.2.

** Of course, we would never do such a thing: wanton destruction of property, callous disregard for human life, yadda yadda yadda, but we can dream, children. We can dream.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    I've figured it out. It's bone.

Our bones have all been so weak and frail from eating CW, that now that we are Primal, after our initial weight losses, our bodies have discovered food for our BONES! We are busy building up bone matter, strengthening our frames, getting tough and strong on the inside.

Bones weigh a lot, you know.
    That's exactly it! BRILLIANT!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Panda, my thought on your menu is maybe you aren't eating enough. And what do the macros look like? Are your carbs high or low? Are they appropriate for your activity level? Is your protein adequate for your activity level? Lots of things play a role. The food choices you made look great... I just wonder about the combination and quantity.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    In regard to the iodine thread, maybe the next one should be entitled something having nothing to do with iodine so he's not tempted.
    That's hysterical. We can call it The Not Iodine Thread!!! Subterfuge is my middle name.

Today he posted a claim that iodine cures chronic fatigue syndrome and I groaned in my recliner. Give me studies, give me data, give me science, don't give me CureZone!!! I'm glad that man is feeling better but these blanket statements make me nuts. I could write a very convincing post that iodine cured my sleep issues and call myself an iodine expert and excite lots of people with annoying sleep issues of their own that THE CURE IS HERE, but in truth, I'm just some random panda on the Internet who majored in Ancient Languages and can't find my cell phone and is currently wearing fuzzy blue socks. I have limited science background and yes, decades of poor sleep resolved when I began taking iodine but I also began taking magnesium at the same time. So I can't make a claim that it's iodine causing the change when there is more than one variable there.

I had hopes for the new iodine thread. * hopes dashed *

Found my cell phone. It was right next to me the whole time.

Grizz is like an iodine honey badger; he don't give a sh*t.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

pixiecatmandi is offline Junior Member
    Hiya Panda! I've been reading but my stupid-head work people had commenting blocked somehow. I've found a way to get back to commenting though!

I'm sorry about your fight with Q. I'm having my own battle with it. From 280 to 242 back up to 270. Bah, being a Q sized anything is very hard. I'm glad you haven't given up. I'm sorry to say that I did give up for a while and found out that giving up just means that I'll become triple-Q sized rather than simply bouncing around Q sized numbers.

I've also just started my own Journal. Maybe if I have to fess up to EVERYONE that I'm being naughty, I'll be less naughty... at least with food.
    Last edited by pixiecatmandi; 08-15-2012 at 12:39 PM. Reason: correcting my jumble-o-words
    Starting weight, July 13, 2011: 286 pounds
    Lowest weight, April 1, 2012: 242 pounds
    Current Weight, Aug 15, 2012: 270 pounds

Goal: 135-ish, When I feel happy/healthy/right

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    hi ya GP!!! just popping in to say I finished Toys! Please say there is going to be a pt2! I gotta know what happens with Ambress & Pandor!!! I absolutely loved the story. Or maybe pt 2 is out & I just missed it? I haven't frequented the forum in a couple of months, so may have missed something.

You are a very talented Panda...but then we've known that for a long time!!!
    hugs!! (no swine flu attached of course!!!)
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    [SIZE=1]Thank you for sharing that, brave Panda. It makes me feel less alone about my epic Primal fail of late. I have inexplicably put on a stone in the last couple of months, and it's a bit frightening and I don't know what to do next. The more I read (and I read waaaaay too many Paleo blogs) the more overwhelmed with conflicting information I become.
    I have the same problem, the more I read, the more overwhelmed I become. Do this, no, do that, no, do this but ONLY if you're also doing that over there . . . and then my body does its own thing anyway. Sigh.

All aboard the Primal Fail Bus!!!