Page 434 of 708 FirstFirst ... 334384424432433434435436444484534 ... LastLast
Results 4,331 to 4,340 of 7072

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 434

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Q.

I have been avoiding this post for a long time.

Sometimes I think if you were to lock Gay Panda in a closet, with nothing for nourishment but lettuce and water and air, and Ke$ha playing on endless loop to keep me complacent instead of tapping each panel hoping for a secret button that provides an exit*, I would come out of that closet a week later either maintaining my weight or having gained. I have a magic power that nobody
    How does my body do this? More importantly, how do I turn the ship around?
    Oh Dear GP, I'm sorry I asked about Q, especially if you weren't ready to share. I've been doing PB since last fall. I dropped weight fairly quickly, but then stalled and gained, then lost, and gained the same stubborn pounds over and over and over. I'm struggling to get through this and start loosing again. Probably doesn't help, but Gay Panda is not alone in the struggle. I too have had thoughts about HcG and going back to CW, but I know no matter what - I feel better eating primal, I'm more fun to be around (less moody), and as you say my smaller sizes fit still (maybe the weight is all in my feet and your paws!). More importantly I have to remind myself that I AM important no matter what I weight - I deserve to be seen and so do you. Hang in there and know you have a whole community who loves you and is rooting you on.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Gay Panda is online now Senior Member
    It's okay that you asked, Pedidoc! Thank you for your posts. One of the biggest Panda Flaws is a tendency to avoid, and this was something I really needed to stop avoiding. One of the nice things, as you noted, is eating this way makes me far less moody.

Bizarrely, my Treadmill Pants were still falling off when I exercised today.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Magical treadmill pants for the Magical Bamboo Forest!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    I did read a blog that said that women shouldn't do the IF thing, because it can stall weight loss. It was a thing I was going to try to use to peel off some more poundage. It probably would have set me back worse. I'm now trying something that you mentioned in a much earlier posting, about increasing the percentage of fat eaten
    My IF isn't really on purpose; some mornings (like this one) I just wake up bored with food and not hungry. It feels so wrong to shovel in food when you don't really want it!

The high fat percentage really helps when I'm retaining lots of water, although it wasn't enough to keep me going down in the 170s.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    *sits in with commiscerative head nods about the ever dumb Q quotients*
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    perhaps - if clothes still fit - you're building muscle? peeps have been buying books and you have said you're pounding the treadmill more often...

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    GP, if you're ever interested, I'm sure many of your journal readers would not mind taking a peek at your diet to see if there's something that seems very amiss. It could, of course, be one of those lovely things like hormone, adrenal, or thyroid issues, but I always find that barring unusual symptoms, it's best to act like ones body is not out to get them. I hope you feel better soon!
    Thanks, namelesswonder!

I tried to up the fat intake today in case this is aggravated by some random water retention. The data from Handy Dandy iPhone App:

1452 Calories
    Breakfast: string cheese, two eggs, two small sausages
    Lunch: Deeply Resented Salad and a 4 oz. hamburger patty
    Dinner: pork chop and 4 oz. heavy cream (I love heavy cream)
    1 hour of walking/jogging to the melancholy music of Evanescence followed by dreaded PT exercises for arthritis/scoliosis/whiplash

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    GP, what's your bamboo* intake?

*just kidding, and I think the * is what makes your posts awesomer than other people's posts.
    LOL. I probably don't eat enough bamboo.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    hmmm... one wonders if my idea behind Panda's gender was wrong given some recent posts...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Can I ask your height? I know I don't know your gender, and won't attempt to guess, but maybe if you're tall-ish (taller than me anyway) you're actually where you're supposed to be weight-wise?

Maybe you could ask those wonderfully helpful people on the nutrition board*. Of course, I did about that part. Idk... but if it makes you feel any better, I've been stuck after great, steady, PREDICTABLE weight loss for 3 weeks now. Not a single loss of a single pound in 3 weeks. Depressing, so I know your struggles.

*Grizz will tell you more iodine and sex with him will do the trick.
    UGH. Yeah, I don't think doubling/tripling/quadrupling my iodine and entertaining him in my bedroom will do the trick. GROSS. I am sorry that every time an intelligent conversation begins in the iodine threads, he returns and blows it all to pieces. Dissension and discussion ARE NOT TROLLING!!!

I'm 5'9" and border on the small/medium frame size. 231, 201, 179 are all too much poundage on me.