Page 432 of 717 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432433434442482532 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 7164

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 432

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    what can i say GP? i listened and immediately thought of you

*presents trainwreck with a pretty bow*

Teen Mom Farrah Abraham 8-7-12 by WBNQFaith on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Gay Panda is going on a road trip.

I’m going to let you think that the road trip is for some fabulous reason*, and that I can’t wait to leave** and the excitement is killing me***. I haven’t quite figured out how to write two thousand words a day for NaNoWriMo when I’m driving from Nebraska**** to the Magical Bamboo Forest. Multi-tasking is not one of my strengths. Maybe Lady Friend can describe exactly what I look like when my brain glitches if presented with more than one task at a time.

Eating on road trips used to be easy. I simply waited until I saw a sign shouting TACO BELL and then I pulled in for two bean-and-cheese burritos and a nice cold soda. Or I played chicken with my hunger to see how far I could go before eating, because (much like how I hate being interrupted when I’m writing) I hate being interrupted when I’m driving. I want to get to my destination, not stop to see the world’s biggest ball of twine or get gas or visit a restroom or sit in a restaurant or stop in a hotel to sleep. But this is not a responsible way to travel. Everyone must see the world’s biggest ball of twine. It’s part of road safety.

Eating primally on road trips is hell. One can only approximate. A soggy, lettuce-wrapped and anemic patty from In-n-Out; limp string cheeses that have been sitting in the back seat for too long in the heat; nuts and seeds and jerky. In a restaurant one can acquire chicken or beef, and most of the time, it’s in an unspeakable condition. So was the “salad” I once received. “Salad” is in quotation marks because it consisted of one large lettuce leaf and one cherry tomato. That was all. I’m tempted to fast from Nebraska to the Magical Bamboo Forest, but much like skipping the world’s biggest ball of twine, that is irresponsible.

After all, the economy is struggling, and it’s my job to prop it up with the purchase of a hormone-laden farmer-abused chicken hooter that’s been beaten into two dimensions and sprinkled with bread and trucked halfway across the universe to rest on a truck stop restaurant plate next to a fork that has crust between the tines. I’ll ask for a clean fork, but the waitress will already be grumpy that I’m just drinking water, and somehow she will know that I mocked the world’s biggest ball of twine in this blog and every employee in the back will rub swine flu on the new fork before she brings it out to me. They keep swine flu in a container back there for obnoxious customers like Gay Panda.

UPDATE: (in explanation of *, **, ***, and ****)

* It isn’t.
    ** I can.
    *** In truth, what’s killing me is a combination of NaNoWriMo and mosquito bites.
    **** Oh, yes, jealous one, you read that right. Nebraska. It’s like Hawaii’s little landlocked sister.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    zomg!!! It's incredible!!! She's like the next judy garland!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    Okay, I'm up to page 195 (post #1950), but I just had to pause to tell you that I couldn't resist: I've grabbed "Mother's Little Helpers" from B&N for my Nook.

I'm reading through this journal as fast as I can... while savoring all the GP wittiness! By the time I've caught up.... well, I feel like I know you already.
    I'm much more obnoxious in real life.

I should have just accepted long ago that I couldn't write stories of the right length for sci-fi/fantasy magazines. It isn't my skill. Toys was a rotten egg of a short story and Mother's Little Helpers needed to be a little longer to be any good. I hope you enjoy that one!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Friend View Post
    Soooo, :::Lady Friend puts on techie PR hat::: GP has some books on Smashwords (https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/macaulaychunter) which means you can download them in the Nook format or just find them on Nook (Macaulay C. Hunter - Barnes & Noble). "Toys" will be on Smashwords at the end of October; we've got this exclusive Kindle thing going on for three months . . .

:::doffs hat, bows:::
    Thank you Lady Friend!!!
    I prefer buying from Smashwords.
    I will buy it then.
    (But please remind me in October, I'm getting old, and I forget things)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Dearie me, I've made it!

Woo Hoo!

Iodine, Kardashians, the King, and road trips! At our house, it is the pixies that hide stuff, and who keep our cat amused/annoyed.

I think my downfall is fruit. I love fruit. Comes from my days when I was a raw vegan, I'm sure. I have a very hard time resisting the lure of ripe stone fruit, or figs, or berries...

Gay Panda, I love you. I don't care in the least what your DL says your gender is. However, it does make it hard to describe this thread to my husband... but he does get it, and has laughed at my descriptions as we've driven places.

Okay, that's enough for now... I have to go get ready to take a proctored exam for my Accounting course.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    nebraska!! that's not too far from me!!! care to add another 200-1500 miles to your trip to say hi?

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I was thinking add another 400-500 and GP could come see me! I'm in Iowa, much more interesting than Nebraska!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    I have to go get ready to take a proctored exam for my Accounting course.
    Bleh!!! I hope it went well.