Page 430 of 703 FirstFirst ... 330380420428429430431432440480530 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,300 of 7028

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 430

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    That's part of why a horror novel can fuck with me so bad. It's not what the author puts in it. It's what my minds turns it into as it runs like mad for the deepest darkest corners of my screwed up head. I've seen and been through enough fucked up (nowhere near Cori's level, or some others) that my mind has plenty of fuel when given the match of a book.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    well, I'm not a writer and definitely not educated in any form of journalism or the like... so I like King and Suzanne Collins, and all that. It's inventive enough for me without making me look up every other word for clarification of its descriptive meaning. I'm easy like that.

Just tell me a story. That's all I ask for.

That being said, I thoroughly enjoy the Dark Tower Series and see there is a new addition recently avaiable on Amazon that I absolutely cannot wait to buy.

so glad to know he writes to metallica. Metallica is my favorite rock band. Guess that's why I like his books. We're on the same "level" or something.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    That's part of why a horror novel can fuck with me so bad. It's not what the author puts in it. It's what my minds turns it into as it runs like mad for the deepest darkest corners of my screwed up head. I've seen and been through enough fucked up (nowhere near Cori's level, or some others) that my mind has plenty of fuel when given the match of a book.
    I get that. I've just never had that sort of reaction.
    I LOVED to watch horror, and read horror, as a kid.
    My brother OTOH was a bit different...
    He is a year and a half older than me... and PAID me to sleep in his room after we watched The Exorcist.
    I was about 6. (My mother was still alive).
    That just cracks me up!

Also, we had to walk about a mile and a half home up a dead end dirt road after we got off the bus from school...
    At the beginning of the road were a couple of houses, but after that nothing until ours...
    Except, about halfway was an OLD abandoned cemetery.
    Lots of sunken graves and headstones you can't even read anymore (it's still there).
    I used to tell my brother stories about it as we were walking past it and scare him so bad he would sprint the rest of the way home.
    I used to go in there and lay on one of the really big fallen headstones and chill and watch the sky, and critters, and birds...
    And brother would never bother me there... because h was too chicken to come in.
    I still find old graveyards to be wonderful, peaceful, places.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    I went through a King phase early (decades ago), but then got over it and wasn't impressed with what he released through the late nineties and naughties. There were a few books of his I started and simply lost interest in, and didn't have the heart to wade through the rest of.

However, his recent '11/22/63' I began (on a friend's recommendation) and really enjoyed, to my surprise. Then again, I'm always a sucker for time-travel stuff.

Panda, I am looking forward to your slashfest! (No, not *that* sort of slashfest ... although that would be fun too.)
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Panda, I am looking forward to your slashfest!
    Hooray!!! Maybe I'll post some chapters from the first book on Pandaloonery for entertainment in September. (And then everyone can bask in the horror of a first draft.)

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    I want to be cool like that, but I'm listening to Ke$ha.

::: sneaks out of own journal in shame :::
    Chanting Tibetan Buddhists (not the throat singing though), CBC talk radio, or streaming random indie rock.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Owly is offline Senior Member
    King puts out a good book every few years and a lot of junk-food horror in between. It's like he churns out the mediocre stuff because it sells like crazy and works on something awesome on the side. The trick is actually hitting the good ones.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

spughy is offline Senior Member
    I've never read any Stephen King. I've never been into horror, either film or books - although some of the fantasy & sci-fi I've read has been pretty dark. But he has a fantasy series, doesn't he? Should I read it?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spughy View Post
    I've never read any Stephen King. I've never been into horror, either film or books - although some of the fantasy & sci-fi I've read has been pretty dark. But he has a fantasy series, doesn't he? Should I read it?
    Here ya go...
    The Dark Tower (series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I haven't read it so I can't give an opinion on it...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Friend View Post
    Yay! It works!
    I just got to this posting (page 131), and immediately went and found this book on B&N... and, it is now on my Nook! I adore Gay Panda musings, and cannot wait until I'm all caught up. However, I couldn't wait to avail myself of the GP Book as soon as I found out who/what/where!

Okay, back to reading my way through this incredible journal...