Page 429 of 699 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429430431439479529 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,290 of 6989

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 429

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Because of my eyes, I point blank refuse to watch horror movies. Geek can go watch them with his sister. Creepy things flying out of the screen at me aren't cool.
    That said, I got tricked into watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre as a college student. I had nightmares for weeks, all involving chainsaws coming at my face or body. usually wielded my a maniacal Jack Nicholson (I watched part of the Shining years ago) or flying about on their own.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    When Gay Panda was a Teenaged Panda Cub of about sixteen, this foolish bear decided while house-sitting to read Stephen King's It.

With no one else around.
    In a rainstorm.
    At night.

Let's just say that I did not finish it. Nor have I read much other Stephen King. So I cannot answer this question.
    I read "Salem's Lot" and "It" and never another horror book since, though I love non-horror sci-fi. But my hubby (a writer) and I agree that King's "On Writing" is an awesome book on writing. I love the fact that he wrote "Carrie" in his laundry room, and listens to Metallica while he writes.

I can't watch horror at all. I watch True Blood though, but mostly for the naked werewolf scenes.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avocadogirl View Post
    I agree that King's "On Writing" is an awesome book on writing. I love the fact that he wrote "Carrie" in his laundry room, and listens to Metallica while he writes.
    I want to be cool like that, but I'm listening to Ke$ha.

::: sneaks out of own journal in shame :::

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    I want to be cool like that, but I'm listening to Ke$ha.

::: sneaks out of own journal in shame :::
    Don't be shamed, Panda. I listen to classical music while I write, because lyrics & what I'm writing = does not compute.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Don't be shamed, Panda. I listen to classical music while I write, because lyrics & what I'm writing = does not compute.
    Yep- if I have to concentrate, it has to be classical. Or something with unintelligible lyrics.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    The lyrics for Ke$ha are so nonsensical that they don't get in the way. It's just white noise with sporadic cries of LOOKING SICK AND SEXYFIED making me giggle.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Honestly, if you listened to my playlist when I write, you'd think I was on crack. Classic rock, classical, jazz, Sinatra, alterna rock, old metal (Metallica, among others), some pop (mostly P!nk), some soft rock, nuclear polka, instrumental rock, folk Irish, some country (very little), Weird Al and a few other parodies, and god only knows what else. My playlist can (and has) gone from Pink Floyd to Sinatra to BB King to Rob Dougan to Adelita's Way to Brave Combo.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Lol- when I was using a streaming music thing that didn't let me have multiple stations, the poor thing couldn't figure out what my "style" was. I think it thought I was hitting "like" and "don't like" randomly.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

I was into Stephen King's early stuff but after a certain time I simply stopped reading him, except to pick up On Writing from a bargain stack. IMO, On Writing is half charming, half dreck. King's the Doritos of lit.

Side note, he visited a nearby H.S. back when I was a junior, and a small group of aspiring writer types was allowed to go hear him lecture, and an even smaller group of us (~30) got to interact with him afterward. Got a signed copy of The Shining. The two central parts of the lecture(s) that I recall were 1) King likes beer from brown, not green, bottles, and 2) sell out and fuck art. Guess that latter should have been obvious.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    I was into Stephen King's early stuff but after a certain time I simply stopped reading him, except to pick up On Writing from a bargain stack. IMO, On Writing is half charming, half dreck. King's the Doritos of lit.

Side note, he visited a nearby H.S. back when I was a junior, and a small group of aspiring writer types was allowed to go hear him lecture, and an even smaller group of us (~30) got to interact with him afterward. Got a signed copy of The Shining. The two central parts of the lecture(s) that I recall were 1) King likes beer from brown, not green, bottles, and 2) sell out and fuck art. Guess that latter should have been obvious.
    I read King starting in maybe 6th grade (that's about when I found his shelf in the public library)... and read everything he had written at the time up to IT by 7th... then I was kind of done with him and I moved on to bigger fish. Plus... I had read it all. IT was his newest book at the time... I read it during school, cuz I was a rebel like that.

That said... The Stand is a pretty great story IMO. I re-red it when it was re-released "uncut" in the 90's.
    But yes, King is "horror" doritos.
    Even though I read his books pretty young, they never scared me, but horror movies never really got me either... except those things like Cape Fear where real monsters lurk.
    I think that maybe I have too much experience for straight horror to make me afraid.
    My own mind is full of much darker stuff than most horror is made of, even though I try to keep it in the basement.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.