Page 425 of 717 FirstFirst ... 325375415423424425426427435475525 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 7164

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 425

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Maybe I can horrify everyone in December? Hearing the song Santa Baby* in stores puts me in the mood for horror.

* I don't know why I hate that song as much as I do. It just makes my skin crawl.
    \

That might have something to do with it being creepy and materialistic and icky. Just a theory.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    That might have something to do with it being creepy and materialistic and icky. Just a theory.
    I think, above all, it's the cutesy-wootsy baby voice. NONONO. Sing in your BIG GIRL voice.

I think, above all, it's the cutesy-wootsy baby voice. NONONO. Sing in your BIG GIRL voice.
    Oh come on, how else do you talk your Santa sugar daddy into giving his little girl whatever she wants as long as she's good?

/barf
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

onalark is offline Senior Member

Merry Christmas!

And I agree. "Santa Baby" is creepy because of the cutesy-wootsy baby voice.

"Baby, It's Cold Outside" is creepy because, read in the right light, it's all about some jolly holiday date-rape.

Yeah, "Santa Baby" is icky, but "Baby, It's Cold Outside" is scary.

Also, see any song on the theme of girls being women soon, sweet little sixteen, and this song:

Owly's Journal

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    oh dear, you want to talk about horrible songs? this comes with a warning, take it seriously. you WILL need brain bleach.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    oh dear, you want to talk about horrible songs? this comes with a warning, take it seriously. you WILL need brain bleach.

Aww.. I LOVE that video.
    It's funny.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    oh dear, really? i find it horrific!

I'm far more disturbed by the stuff that has a creepy subtext than by the overt stuff. It's like the way that a subtle horror flick is way scarier than an over-the-top slasher pic. The undertone gets to me more than the in-your-face.

Owly's Journal

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah... I'm a sucker for a twisted sense of humor. The end is so cute where they are taking creepy zombie photo booth pics ana sharing brain milkshakes.
    It's very tongue in cheek IMO...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.