Page 420 of 704 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422430470520 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 7031

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 420

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Panda? GayPanda? Where are you? Don't be scared. Come out and play.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    he could touch her, but she couldn't touch back. It was proof that he was just a damaged little boy that needed to be loved and catered to. (Did I just type that with a straight face?)
    I don't know if you typed it with a straight face, but I certainly didn't read it with one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    You featured in my dreams last night, GayPanda.

I was at the movies and saw a poster of a coming attraction: a fresh green bamboo forest, definitely magical, with a glowing pale yellow center. Along the bottom ran the words: Based on the graphic novel, 'If it is raining pandas, dear Valhalla, please let it be GayPanda'.

I immediately ran to the MDA forum, which in the dream seemed to be a physical place, and Lady Friend conformed that, yes, there was indeed there was a book AND a movie coming out, based on your journal musings. She also let slip your gender (I was right, but had to nonchalantly care that I didn't care that I was such a great guesser.)
    LOL to this whole post. What's also funny is that Lady Friend almost did let slip my gender in a post recently, but she caught it right before hitting reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Panda? GayPanda? Where are you? Don't be scared. Come out and play.
    I'm here, I'm here, I'm here!!!

I wanted to see if it was possible to write a horror trilogy over the summer, one in June, one in July, and one in August. So I vanished. It WAS possible in June since the first volume of the series was only 65,000 words, but sadly, it was NOT possible in July. 31 days, 90,000 words, and the second volume still has two and a half chapters to go. Oh well.

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post

I wanted to see if it was possible to write a horror trilogy over the summer, one in June, one in July, and one in August. So I vanished. It WAS possible in June since the first volume of the series was only 65,000 words, but sadly, it was NOT possible in July. 31 days, 90,000 words, and the second volume still has two and a half chapters to go. Oh well.
    Did you honestly try and write three books in three months (or have I missed something by just finding your log now)?

Richard

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Oh, Richardmac! The joys of discovering GayPanda when there are 420 pages to read! Makes me want to go back and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardmac View Post
    Did you honestly try and write three books in three months (or have I missed something by just finding your log now)?
    Yes, I did. It was going along just fine in June, but the second volume turned out much longer than expected! I'll need another week to finish it before launching into volume three.

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    I know....Iv got to go out soon, or I would settle down for the emotional roller coaster that would surely follow if I was to start from page one.

Thats very impressive. Im just starting to hash out ideas for book one (well, I have begun book one with my wife, but book 2 is on different subject matter)....tips?

Richard

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post

*in silent awe of your ability to do that*
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by Richardmac View Post
    Im just starting to hash out ideas for book one (well, I have begun book one with my wife, but book 2 is on different subject matter)....tips?
    Is it nonfiction? The only nonfiction I've ever done was my Very Boring Senior Thesis to earn an overpriced and rarely helpful degree, so I am not remotely qualified to give tips on that subject.

As to fiction, what allows me to write quickly (and hopefully well) is an outline. Some people write just fine without one, but I can't. I require at least a rough outline of where the book is going and how it ends. I also spend a lot of time on character sketches. The voice of a character flows from the sketch, and when I notice that dialogue is going slowly, it's usually because I need to return to the sketch and flesh the person out more.