Page 405 of 708 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405406407415455505 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 7071

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 405

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

34,010 words and finished before going out to dinner! All caught up with NaNoWriMo Summer Challenge and apparently in my literary exertions today, Benign Poltergeist did away with my cell phone. Again. Oh well.

* hurries to shower before dinner so people don't know I sat around smelling all day *

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post

34,010 words and finished before going out to dinner! All caught up with NaNoWriMo Summer Challenge and apparently in my literary exertions today, Benign Poltergeist did away with my cell phone. Again. Oh well.

* hurries to shower before dinner so people don't know I sat around smelling all day *
    WoooooHooo!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    In further, belated 50 Shades news (yes, yes, slow off the mark, I know), this is a terribly entertaining recap/takedown worth a read. Plus (BONUS!) it will save anyone who hasn't yet read the stuff from fearing they may have missed anything!
    I've started reading this Sigi. Priceless!
    Thanks for posting.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    You are now my newest BFFL (to be read as "biffle").

"Because he's Edward Cullen, dear readers."
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Thanks for posting.
    You are most welcome, my poppets.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Thanks for posting.
    I spent most of my day yesterday reading those. Her latest post says she is going to recap the next two books, and I am eagerly anticipating more snarky takedowns to come.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    You are most welcome, my poppets.
    I've been reading that blow-by-blow (snicker) review of 50 Shades and laughing all morning. THANK YOU!!! It's the best review ever, and I want her to continue through the series because I don't want to read the actual books.

Lady Friend is offline Senior Member
    can drink margaritas with impunity while yelling at the fish to escape everyone's hooks. It's a trap!!!
    Best use of Star Wars reference. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Friend View Post
    Best use of Star Wars reference. Ever.
    The sad thing is that it was entirely unintentional.

Lady Friend is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    In a word: OY.

Oy indeed. Although I had no more tequila than usual on my infrequent visits to Alcohol Land, I had it in an extremely sugary mix. No one else liked it but I found it tolerable, and then my system went into revolt. The details shall not be shared, and I don't think I'll be drinking anything other than water for the next six months. OY.

Now I am back home and behind on NaNoWriMo Summer, so I am struggling to catch up. Also, I tip my hat to Lady Friend, who took my blurb and made it magical. She has a gift for the succinct that I do not. And best of all, SHE LEFT THE CLICHE!!!

I think this blurb makes it sound like a wonderfully trashy melodramatic fantasy -

Ambress ad’Allace, born to the lowest caste of nobility, must marry well to have any chance of a better life. Since childhood, she has been tutored in the art of making a match with a son of the Fiefe, but the odds are against her. However, Ambress has one possession that would make her the envy of even the royals in her land: an incomplete set of ancient necklaces full of talismanic magic.

Growing up perilously on the edge of higher society, Ambress hopes these necklaces are her key to landing a noble boy and securing her future. But despite all her tutoring, she falls in love with the slave boy Prandor, even though marriage is not for love but title. Ambress cannot possibly give herself to Prandor, who has had her heart since they were children. Or can she? In a world where the lines between the classes are thick, and one misstep spells ruin for generations to come, is there any magic that allows them each other?
    Right! Gotta get that book, never mind the blurb, up and available on the intarwebs! And hey, when the cliché fits . . .

Also, what that margarita mix looked like when it was, let's call it, "reconstituted," will probably haunt me for the rest of my days. Blech.