Page 389 of 699 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399439489 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 6989

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 389

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    there has to be a certain amount of red on your neck to like driving big loud things
    Yeah, I don't even like riding big loud things.

That's why I'm single most of the time.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    bahahahaha
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Gravyboat wins again.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    if you did your hair relatively big, then you and your sparkly clogs will fit right in. If your hair is sleek, then the clogs won't match and people will judge you harshly!

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Last night I had the chance to skim 50 Shades of Grey (um, thanks for bringing it over, friend!)

My review of Fifty Shades of Grey:

Yes, it received a full 6/6 eek faces of the allotted emoticons that MDA grants me.

Things I never want to read again: oh my. 'my inner goddess'. Pages of emails. Sentences presented like this: You. Are. So. Hot. Ana.

I could go on, But. I. Won't.

“If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for that link... very nicely done.
    Part of me thinks that I should actually read them so that I can appropriately criticize them...
    However, as I come from an extremely abusive back ground including a highly manipulative, emotionally, and physically abusive sexual partner... I'm thinking that I would just be setting myself up for anger and rehashing of old wounds better left alone.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    I think it's mostly about domination and bodice-ripping, not necessarily that we are "fucked up about relationships." I mean, I haven't read them so I can't say. But, my friend read them, and she's in a very healthy, stable, normal marriage. She said it was an obvious fantasy with obviously messed up characters, but the sex was great to read (for her anyway). And so she read it.

I trust that she isn't warped or anything.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    I was going to say how I think all sex scenes are super boring to read/watch, and how I can't imagine how anyone could find that crap interesting.

But then I realized I was thinking about straight sex. And then it made sense why I thought it was so boring.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

The blogger who wrote that is an awesome feminist who I know and admire, so I'm glad you liked it, Cori.

Zoebird, I think it's cool that your friend read them and recognized the messed-up things about the characters--the problem is that so many people read them and don't really grasp why things are messed up and perceive the relationships in books like this as the ideal. I used to encounter a lot of it doing healthy relationship education with youth. So many of the teen girls saw Edward Cullen as the perfect boyfriend and Twilight as the perfect romance, and it was very frustrating to see that. I worried about what those girls might then see as normal and acceptable behaviour from the people they dated. We often learn really early on that abusiveness somehow means love, and it's problematic.

I mean, it's fine for people like your friend, or like my friend's daughters who read Twilight and saw the abusive aspects of it for what they were and talked to their mom about it; I worry for the people who see them as the norm for what a loving relationship should be. I also don't see people who read the books and think they're totally okay as "warped". I see them as people who've learned to view control and abuse as normal because that's so common in romantic narratives, regardless of whether it's erotica or a PG-rated romcom or the average family sitcom marriage.

I just sort of feel sad that there isn't more awesome erotica for women that's not also all tangled up with really messed up relationship dynamics. I know a lot of women who'd like some sexy stories, even ones with kink, that showed those things in the context of healthy, non-abusive human relationships.

Ugh, I just made Panda's thread all heavy. Could somebody post some cute cat pictures or something to lighten it up?

Owly's Journal