Page 386 of 704 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396436486 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 7031

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 386

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    You swear on the bible in court? I would have a problem with that, really. In Belgium you just swear to tell the truth, but not on the bible.
    Well, *I* don't. Whether or not I'm a person of faith, I think it's ridiculous to drag that into the courtroom. If you need to swear an oath on your holy book to be truthful, then I'm concerned about your ethics. It's like the idea that people can only behave ethically if they believe in the Ten Commandments--people who think that way scare me, since they seem to genuinely think that they only behave well because God might kick their ass otherwise.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Well, *I* don't. Whether or not I'm a person of faith, I think it's ridiculous to drag that into the courtroom. If you need to swear an oath on your holy book to be truthful, then I'm concerned about your ethics. It's like the idea that people can only behave ethically if they believe in the Ten Commandments--people who think that way scare me, since they seem to genuinely think that they only behave well because God might kick their ass otherwise.
    Kohlberg's Moral Stages, yo. I feel your pain. It is really distressing to learn that the vast majority of adults have no higher abstract moral ideas, and are literally not mentally developed enough to do (or not do) things for reasons beyond "X will make God angry so I shouldn't do X."

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    gay panda is this ASDF 2?

and i wasn't invited?!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    gay panda is this ASDF 2?

and i wasn't invited?!
    I thought ASDF was FABULOUS 2, actually.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

well i'm mad

i waited for evers for a gilded invitation in the mail
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Now the edits begin.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Kohlberg's Moral Stages, yo. I feel your pain. It is really distressing to learn that the vast majority of adults have no higher abstract moral ideas, and are literally not mentally developed enough to do (or not do) things for reasons beyond "X will make God angry so I shouldn't do X."
    Here's a better dilemma...
    Since I did have to testify in court as a child (FLASHER case) and had to do the book/God thing, but I was like 10 and totally was too smutballs scared to think about the situation...

So, If you are an atheist do you
    A. Go ahead and swear on the 'book' this making your swear essentially a lie just so as not to make waves, or

B. Refuse to swear of the 'book' on moral grounds (ie: it would be a lie to swear on said book/God) letting everyone in the courtroom know you are an atheist, including the jury, who will then probably assume (because they are likely to be Christians who believe atheists are one of the least trusted/most hated groups in America...according to polls) that your testimony is meaningless because you wouldn't swear to 'God' and are immoral because of your lack of faith.

I'm glad I don't need testify about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    well i'm mad

i waited for evers for a gilded invitation in the mail
    Hmmm... something gilded... (mails edible gold leafing to your Bay...)
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-28-2012 at 10:06 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

wheeeeeeeeeee
    beautiful
    yeah you are

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Now the edits begin.
    Don't say that! You'll scare Gay Panda!

Wait, that scares Panda into Fabulous.

EDITING TIME!!!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    NOOOOOOOOOO, DON'T MAKE ME EDIT!!!

* Disclaimer: Gay Panda doesn't mind editing all that much.