Page 384 of 703 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394434484 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 7028

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 384

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I have an instant out for Jury Duty...
    My wife used the best excuse once. She was summonsed not long after #2 was born. She asked if there was a room she could pump breast milk with a little privacy. They said go home. Mission accomplished.
    I've been called once, it was a case against an insurance company, which happens to be the insurance company I use, so me and half the people there were released. I was disappointed.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Dh was called for a murder trial once. The defendant sexually assaulted and kicked a 3 year old boy to death while the mother was at the grocery store. It was all over the news and being a new dad of a little boy, when asked if he felt he could give the guy a fair trial, DH said "hell no, I hope he fries". Dismissed.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I was summoned at age 19. They made me wait and nobody was needed for a trial. I thought I was so rebellious when I wrote that I was an anarchist and didn't believe in the system, but I guess they didn't care!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I was summoned at age 19. They made me wait and nobody was needed for a trial. I thought I was so rebellious when I wrote that I was an anarchist and didn't believe in the system, but I guess they didn't care!
    Do you know how many people say they're this or that or give some other reason on the form? If they weeded out all the people who had an "excuse" on their form, they'd never get to interview anyone for the job. I think they pretty much ignore the form.

I have a friend who always puts that she's atheist on the form and she goes every time. County clerk told her that it doesn't matter for the reasons above. She said that nearly 50% of the forms they send out come back claiming they're atheist and can't swear on the bible.

however, if they were atheist, swearing on the bible should have no bearing on them - if they don't believe in God, how can God strike them down for lying on the stand??

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I believe atheists or non-Christians can request not to swear on the Bible anyway.

My dad is 57 and has been called once in his life. My mom has been recalled 3 separate times that I can remember! She got to sit for trials a couple of times, but they were allowed to go home each day. Boyfriend rescheduled his summons due to school conflicts (which is allowed), but then forgot to go! He got a summons to show up for a scolding or something, and forgot to go to that too! It's been over 6 months with no more information on it, so I'm just hoping he doesn't randomly get fined ><
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Well, and the real atheists believe their oath has meaning without needing a religious text to swear on.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I'm a true believer..... in the power of SUGAR!
    -1.jpg

WTF? Go away!!

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Oh, don't mind her. She saves up a fart every week to release in FABULOUS, and I hope she feels better now. We'll let the air clear and go on with our day.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Other Farts of the Day:

1. In news that will no doubt break your heart, Rielle Hunter and John Edwards have broken up. Grief counseling will be available in FABULOUS for the rest of the week. If those two crazy-in-love kids couldn't make it, what hope do any of the rest of us have?

2. Dear Casey Anthony, I do not want to read your planned tell-all. I don't know anyone who does. Just go away.

3. Octomom claiming that she made a naughty video to "help her overcome intimacy issues" is still making me laugh a week later. Darling, intimacy issues send one to a THERAPIST, not the adult entertainment industry.
    Last edited by Gay Panda; 06-27-2012 at 08:18 AM.