Page 379 of 722 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389429479 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 7216

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyheart View Post
    Palate Cleanser™
    THANK YOU. That was adorable!!!

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    You still use an encyclopedia, so I guess you're stone age nerds.

Our arguements sometimes devolve to 'let's see what google has to say about that'. Because, you know, the internet knows everything about everything.
    Hey, now- this is a childhood memory and I'm not THAT old! Yes, we had a full shelf for our book encyclopedias. We did eventually also add in the internet, but it's hard to move a desktop computer into the dining room so we can point and say "See?? I TOLD you so!"

Of course, last year when I was visiting my parents and telling them where I'd be in Wyoming for vacation- it wasn't Google Maps that we used- it was our book atlas. Which might still reference the USSR.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyheart View Post
    Palate Cleanser™
    What happened to your kitty?

I once had a cat named Anakin. He was all black. Left him with an ex-boyfriend. I adopted him, but he was definitely the ex's cat.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I love Anakin for a pet's name!!!

Growing up in a sea of kittens, I finally got tired of thinking of clever names. When presented with yet another litter, I decided just to name them after whatever was in sight/hearing at that very moment. That was how I ended up with three gray and white kittens named Gerber, Habib, and Schweppes Tonic Water.

All right, what was YOUR oddest pet name, people?

Which one?
    Emerson, named after the television, not the author.
    Bob, a female cat named for her lack of a tail.
    Punk earned his name.
    Curie, a hermit crab named for her proclivity for losing limbs.
    Einstein, wasn't.
    Schroedinger, a hermit crab named for his 3 month disappearance from and then reappearance in the tank.
    Dumas, because I couldn't call my fish Dumbass in the dorms
    Goose, Idiot Dog's nickname that she responds to, because she's as silly as a goose. Also responds to Guinea Pig, her name, and *specific whistle.*
    Spirit, the cat we got around Halloween with a proclivity for vanishing into thin air.
    What, you thought we had NORMAL pet names?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

I always had pets with regular names. Except Sir Loin, which was a calf destined for a greater purpose.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

We are so not imaginiative in my family, but I really don't like the standard Fluffy/Spot/Sparky kinds of pet names.

Grandparents dogs when I was growing up: Blacky and Princess. They were black labs. Blacky was the dumbest dog I have ever met, but very sweet. Princess, well, she acted like royalty.

Grandparents dog after those both passed away: Dolly the mutt. My grandmother chose the name, I don't know why that one. My sister and I wanted to name her Barbie, again, don't know why. We were of that age, however (would have been playing with Barbies still).

Cat I grew up with: Mourka, which essentially means "kitty cat" in Russian.
    Grandparents cat I grew up with: Mourza. See above.
    Cat we got after family cat passed away: Kishka. See above (but this time, Ukrainian).
    Cat my grandmother got after other passed away: Mourka.

Family dog is Sasha. My sister picked the name and I've never forgiven her for it. 1. Sasha is a nickname for Alexander in Russian, so it's not even a feminine name. 2. My name is Tasha. 3. My dad mixes up our names constantly and now I get confused for the dog.

My cat's name is Fae.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

My current cats' names are Octavia and Genevieve. Octavia is quiet, dignified, and regal. Genevieve is a big fluffy loudass who is spoiled, kinda dumb, and, admittedly, beautiful (and she knows it). Genevieve is commonly known as Gentlebeeps and Beepers because she won't shut up for half a second.

I've never had any pets with super strange names. If I'd gotten boy cats, I probably would have named them things like Mr. Meatloafs and Archbishop Flufflebutt. And Beeps probably deserves a ridiculous name, because she is ridiculous. But she got a nice name instead, because I didn't know what she'd be like when I got her. (I had only just met her when I decided to take her home, and she seemed pretty no-nonsense at the time. Little did I know....)

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

My cat: Brinn - named after a transmission used in racing.
    Dog: Mox - named after the quarterback on Varsity Blues - SIL named him.
    Dog: Cooper - named by DH after a dog he knew when he was in high school... name stuck with him so he had to use it.

Growing up:
    Cat: Cricket (black)
    Dog: bandit (black patches over his eyes)
    Dog: Snoopy (come one, he was a Beagle!!)
    Dog: Rastis (lab, named by Stepfather... have no idea what it is supposed to mean)
    Cat: Eureka (grey cat that matched the color of the vacuum. Dad was drunk when he named her)
    Cat: Kappa (because she had more than 9 lives)
    Cat: Clyde (as in "get the hell out of the way, Clyde!")
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Shop Now
    Cheese-it.
    Mother found an abandoned kitten when I was about 4.
    It was bestowed upon me and likes to sleep on my head.
    It was tiny and orange.
    Cheese-it was obviously appropriate!
    He turned out to be a large, lovely, and sweet ginger-tom who disappeared when I was about 17... wait... Booter!? Is that you!

No, I don't think that calling my current dog Charlie Waffles is odd at all.

Some people find it slightly odd that I have a large pet fish, that I can literally pet, named Frank.
    But the truth is that it's short for Frankenstein, because he is a hybrid goldfish/koi so it makes sense.
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-22-2012 at 12:05 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.