Page 377 of 706 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427477 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 7057

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 377

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    After many instances where I say something that is perfectly logical to me but gets a blank expression from the listener- or saying something that ends up confusing me but they totally understand- I have determined that 1- I don't think like normal people and 2- if I'm confused it's probably for the best.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I'm bad for gopher holing, which is what I call it when I say something and follow it with something apparently completely unrelated but that was connected thought-wise in my brain. You know, sort of like a gopher will pop up in one place, then dive down the hole and pop up again in a completely different spot. It's all connected underneath, but nobody else can see it so it seems totally random.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I'm bad for gopher holing, which is what I call it when I say something and follow it with something apparently completely unrelated but that was connected thought-wise in my brain. You know, sort of like a gopher will pop up in one place, then dive down the hole and pop up again in a completely different spot. It's all connected underneath, but nobody else can see it so it seems totally random.
    I might have to nick that...

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    That is a great description of it. I usually follow those by "Well it made sense to me!"

I told a friend once that I could hold multiple conversations. To test this, he stood on one side of me and his girlfriend on the other and they started totally separate conversations with me. In the end- I was totally on top of what was being said but they confused each other with what they were overhearing I credit that to having a big family that always has opinions.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I gopher hole all the time. Geek and SWG can usually follow me and keep it going, but most folks end up going "do what, now?," at which point they get a "nevermind, what were you saying?"
    I can hold down multiple conversations as well, but that's practice from being the kid that always had to sit in the middle in the car.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I also gopher whole. It's interesting seeing the quizical looks on people's faces.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Have any of you gophers lost track of a conversation because the subject DIDN'T change?

Yeah- done that.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'll come up 3 conversations over, say something, realize what happened, and gopher my way back to the original one.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I have often analyzed the gophering action. For instance... we're talking about subject Y... where did subject Y come from? Well, of course Subject X which was preceeded by Subject W, and then Subject V, etc, until I get all the way back to Subject A. That's always interesting...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    There was one dinner conversation where the family covered dinasours, Einstein's theory of relativity, and something else. It became a running joke that it wasn't a real dinner until somebody had gone to fetch the encyclopedia to prove a point.

We're not nerds, why do you ask?