Page 375 of 711 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 7102

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 375

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Gay Panda...
    I finally finished reading your entire journal.
    What can I say, I'm up at night a lot and you are endlessly entertaining.
    You prod at my poor trodden heart at times too...
    Which is what happened tonight when I started reading Pandaloonery and got down to the "I'm Gay, You're Weird" post.
    Somehow we have a lot of overlap in our lives.

While I somehow knew never to confide in any other students in my small town... this was 100% me until I hit highschool and then I overcompensated/faked having boyfriends and even gave myself a 'reputation' based on my own stories of boyfriends in neighboring towns... "The sense of bafflement persisted through grade school. Eventually the girls in my class discovered the boys, and then the boys discovered the girls back. I considered them insane. There was something incestuous about falling in love with a classmate you’d known since nursery school. What’s suddenly cute about a boy who you remember barfing into the trashcan during a spelling test? What became attractive about a girl who used to pick her nose and wipe the boogers under her desk? And why were they interested in each other at all? I had no idea."
    I was the girl taking her shirt off with the play ground and getting in trouble for it... clueless! We were in like 1st grade, we all looked alike. And punched a boy or to for getting handsy later...
    Even with my self built 'reputation' in HS there were whispers that I was "funny".

And this... "Most of me walked out of that hospital a week later. Since then I struggle a little more to find words; my memory does not seem to be as keen as it was before I drank down those bottles. In my high school foreign language classes, I picked up long streams of vocabulary very swiftly the night before tests; in my college foreign language classes, I could no longer do this. The words slipped through like a sieve, the bigger ones caught on the struts and the rest washing through. I still passed my courses, but often by a hair. My brain snags and stutters where once it glided. I am not the same."
    For different reasons I'm in the same place.
    My squishy brain is better sometimes than others, but never what it was before. I can no longer multitask, things are just slower, even on my best days I lose words... I know what they are, I know they are in there, I just can't bring them up and say them. It's awful.
    One day last week I actually forgot my own NAME for a couple of minutes... I rattled off my phone number just fine, but my name just got stuck. It was embarrassing and humbling. I laughed it off there in public and in front of friends later when it was mentioned in front of friends... but it's deeply troubling to not have that basic amount of control over my thought and speech.

My favorite color is in fact green (the chartreuse to avocado tones in particular), so I'm going to take this as you personally speaking to me... "I don’t know why your favorite color is green when mine is blue and someone else loves yellow, but there’s enough room in the world for all of us and our differences, and that is what I wish someone had opened up those church doors to tell me."
    {{Hugs}}
    There is room.
    If I hit the afterlife before you, if there is an afterlife, and I run into JC... Ima thump him on the nose for not popping those doors open ans providing a warm welcoming glow for you just like in the movies.
    Don't try to talk me out of it either... I think he has enough of a sense of humor to roll with it if he exists.
    I mean... he already died for it and all.

I also took an online test, and scored exactly 4 points above Asperger's... I'm an awkward person.

I'm so glad to have your stuff to read late at night.
    It makes me smile, it touches me... It gives my squishy brain something positive to do (besides be increasingly annoyed at/overwhelmed by noises and visual stimuli as in your Grayscale post... I also have touch aversion from some things on my right side from my nerve issues).
    Bose QC15s are my friends.
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-21-2012 at 12:26 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Notice the lady cat's name... or at least how she signs her note.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    first, this isn't an indication of you or your parenting. In my experience so far, whenever DS has a growth spurt of some kind (mental, physical, social), then there's going to be some 'acting-out' behavior.

second, i don't know what the underlying cause of this may be, but my goodness, I can understand it driving you bats. Have you looked at the Aha Parenting website to see if there's any articles that qualify that might provide insight?
    I think the biggest issue is that he went from preschool and daycare during the days to a summer program. He's lost is "structure" and doesn't know what to do now. He has also lost his daily 2 hour nap. At daycare he took naps, but at the summer program, there are no naps. They say he's really "hands-on" with his friends at the program. Pushing, hitting, twisting arms, etc. Aside from beating him senseless, I don't know what else to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Lady Friend hypothesizes that fiercehunter is really Mark Sisson in disguise trying to rile us up.

Discuss.
    I think fiercehunter is anything but helpful/constructive. I tend to consider her a spammer and ignore her as such.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Gravyboat: I swear the gifted and talented programs are the red-headed step children as far as special ed programs go. My school district fought my parents and the parents of the other gifted kids tooth and nail over expanding the programing. All they were trying to do was make it so we could be sufficiently engaged to WANT to pay attention! Heck, I was in AP classes and almost flunked out of school altogether due to lack of engagement. That's how I ended up in private school for my last two years.

My little brother used to get in trouble for drawing in homeroom. They kept telling him he was supposed to be doing homework. He kept telling them he'd finished it already. "Well, well- uh, you're not supposed to be drawing!" He's an artist. He's a very active and potentially very disruptive guy that is keeping himself quietly occupied and you're COMPLAINING?!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I think the biggest issue is that he went from preschool and daycare during the days to a summer program. He's lost is "structure" and doesn't know what to do now. He has also lost his daily 2 hour nap. At daycare he took naps, but at the summer program, there are no naps. They say he's really "hands-on" with his friends at the program. Pushing, hitting, twisting arms, etc. Aside from beating him senseless, I don't know what else to try.
    sending you a msg.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 06-21-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saan356 View Post
    gay panda admits it
    ADMITS WHAT??? Tell us!!!!!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    ADMITS WHAT??? Tell us!!!!!
    I heard a rumour that Gay Panda might be...gay.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    We should make an effort to ostracize the Panda for that... straight into the Magical Bamboo Forest! With Cadbury Creme Eggs to survive on!
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

I thought Gay Panda was an anagram for Day Pagan, and that at night he... read the Bible!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh well now, I think you're trying to put the Panda in a nice little category. Gay Panda shall not be stored away like shoes in a cubby hole at a McDonald's playground. No ma'am, Gay Panda rejects your cubby hole.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.