Page 374 of 706 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384424474 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 7056

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 374

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah, that sounds way, way better than my school district. I was so turned off by the whole thing that I just ended up dropping out. If anyone had put half an effort toward catering to kids like me (read: non-rote learners) I probably could have "been something". Then again, I was a fat girl who was getting abused at home, getting bored to tears in class, getting terrorized by her peers, AND dealing with blooming mental illness.

It's kind of a miracle I never started drinking or doing drugs.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    My kid is so misbehaved right now. He's 5. Actively defies me every chance he gets. He's started doing this talking back thing that is really angering. He's talking back to his teachers, no listening to the swim instructors at the pool, taunting his teachers... just being a rotten kid. I don't know why and I don't know what to do about it. I'm contemplating calling Nanny 911. They fix everything.
    first, this isn't an indication of you or your parenting. In my experience so far, whenever DS has a growth spurt of some kind (mental, physical, social), then there's going to be some 'acting-out' behavior.

second, i don't know what the underlying cause of this may be, but my goodness, I can understand it driving you bats. Have you looked at the Aha Parenting website to see if there's any articles that qualify that might provide insight?

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    When I was in my teens, I was skimming the births and obituaries in the paper as I frequently did to enjoy names. Under births, I stumbled over Pebbles Champagne Smith.

Nice.
    Didn't she start the 'Feeling Sexy' thread here on MDA?

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Elementary school was a joke. Every teacher I had tried to get me to stop reading in class by trying to ask me questions and then getting miffed when I got them right without looking up from my book. In all except one case, I had a deal with the teachers that I'd walk in the door, they'd hand me the homework and classwork, I'd turn it in, and I'd get to reading. The one exception was my gym teachers, who wouldn't even let me read and instead made me do shit like the Macarena and climbing a rope.
    I suspect you are my soulmate. Except I used to just skip gym class, since it was the last thing of the day.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 06-20-2012 at 03:43 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    But that's not a dash! It's a hyphen! (Cue editorial hyperventilation.)

In other news, the melting point of gold is...
    1337.33 K
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Yeah, I have the same feelings. My kids are cool, yours are not. I will clean up feces or vomit from my kids, get your sick-a** kids away from me.
    yup. i guess that's a pretty universal thing, isn't it? there are quite a few kids i do like, but the majority are just like any other people (most people suck).
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    My name is Coriander.
    Yes... Coriander.
    Really???
    WHY!
    I've grown to like it, but it was a curse as a child.
    No one in hick-town TN knew what that was when I was a kid.
    (It's a spice for those who still wonder... the food TV has helped, but doesn't cover all of the bases.)
    awww, i like coriander. i'm sure it wasn't great growing up with that name in a hick town, but it's a really pretty name. i wanted to name my daughter Cecilia (patron saint of music) but hubby was not for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Listen up everyone, you've been doing it all wrong. What you need to do is get your bucket of iodine and FREEZE it until it looks like a cola slushy and then immerse yourself in it for at least an hour. I've been doing this for the last month and let me tell you I am ripped. And also stained.
    oh is that what happened to the cast of the Jersey Shore?

spughy is offline Senior Member
    All those kid poop & vomit stories lend credence to my belief that my kid is somehow intrinsically better, because she never had explosive poops or did anything disgusting with the poops she did have, and has vomited only twice in her entire life. Only one of those times was bad - and it was really bad - but I have friends who deal with that kind of stuff on a weekly basis. Some of them co-sleep with their kids. I'm not against co-sleeping, but if my kid barfed in the bed when I was trying to sleep, she would be SO out of there that instant.

i actually prefer to sleep with my kids when they're barfing because i'm more likely to wake up just before s/he barfs and grab the bucket; hence, lower likelihood of needing cleanup (i sleep soundly but have the strange ability to wake up just before something happens). My 2-year old is still cosleeping but the others sleep well independently. we've had very few experiences with barfing and diarrhea, i think the last time I wrote about it in my journal. chock it up to strong constitutions, good diet (=healthy microflora), or the fact that any time one of the friend's kids are sick, i dose my kids with L. rhamnosus.

I also don't have to deal with most of the gross kid stuff ('cept scraping toddler poo of off cloth diapers), though i do have a funny story to tell. there's a kid i watch on a regular basis who has had bathroom issues. i'll spare you the details, but when he's at my house I make him wipe his own bum. one of the previous times i watched him, a vacuum salesman came to the door and he seemed like an okay guy so i let him in. Kid was on the toilet going #2, and as the salesman (who was a young man, no kids) and i talked, kid came out, pants off, shitty ass, "okay, you can wipe me now." Uh...no. thanks, but i'll pass. so i ushered him back to the bathroom to get to work on his own ass, and he came back out twice with shit on his ass, trailing shitty TP. apparently he didn't even take it off the roll. after salesman left, i checked his work, and then made him clean the shitty paper off the floor and wash the poo off the bathroom floor (then of course wash his hands). i don't know, kid is 5 so maybe i'm just a hardass when it comes to these things, but i made my kids wipe themselves at 3.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Lady Friend hypothesizes that fiercehunter is really Mark Sisson in disguise trying to rile us up.

Discuss.

hmmm...if i were Mark Sisson I'd probably spend most of my time in front of a mirror naked. *thoughtful pause* umm...where was i?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    hmmm...if i were Mark Sisson I'd probably spend most of my time in front of a mirror naked. *thoughtful pause* umm...where was i?
    Hhehehehehe...
    Saoirse wins the Panda point today!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Gay Panda...
    I finally finished reading your entire journal.
    What can I say, I'm up at night a lot and you are endlessly entertaining.
    You prod at my poor trodden heart at times too...
    Which is what happened tonight when I started reading Pandaloonery and got down to the "I'm Gay, You're Weird" post.
    Somehow we have a lot of overlap in our lives.

While I somehow knew never to confide in any other students in my small town... this was 100% me until I hit highschool and then I overcompensated/faked having boyfriends and even gave myself a 'reputation' based on my own stories of boyfriends in neighboring towns... "The sense of bafflement persisted through grade school. Eventually the girls in my class discovered the boys, and then the boys discovered the girls back. I considered them insane. There was something incestuous about falling in love with a classmate you’d known since nursery school. What’s suddenly cute about a boy who you remember barfing into the trashcan during a spelling test? What became attractive about a girl who used to pick her nose and wipe the boogers under her desk? And why were they interested in each other at all? I had no idea."
    I was the girl taking her shirt off with the play ground and getting in trouble for it... clueless! We were in like 1st grade, we all looked alike. And punched a boy or to for getting handsy later...
    Even with my self built 'reputation' in HS there were whispers that I was "funny".

And this... "Most of me walked out of that hospital a week later. Since then I struggle a little more to find words; my memory does not seem to be as keen as it was before I drank down those bottles. In my high school foreign language classes, I picked up long streams of vocabulary very swiftly the night before tests; in my college foreign language classes, I could no longer do this. The words slipped through like a sieve, the bigger ones caught on the struts and the rest washing through. I still passed my courses, but often by a hair. My brain snags and stutters where once it glided. I am not the same."
    For different reasons I'm in the same place.
    My squishy brain is better sometimes than others, but never what it was before. I can no longer multitask, things are just slower, even on my best days I lose words... I know what they are, I know they are in there, I just can't bring them up and say them. It's awful.
    One day last week I actually forgot my own NAME for a couple of minutes... I rattled off my phone number just fine, but my name just got stuck. It was embarrassing and humbling. I laughed it off there in public and in front of friends later when it was mentioned in front of friends... but it's deeply troubling to not have that basic amount of control over my thought and speech.

My favorite color is in fact green (the chartreuse to avocado tones in particular), so I'm going to take this as you personally speaking to me... "I don’t know why your favorite color is green when mine is blue and someone else loves yellow, but there’s enough room in the world for all of us and our differences, and that is what I wish someone had opened up those church doors to tell me."
    {{Hugs}}
    There is room.
    If I hit the afterlife before you, if there is an afterlife, and I run into JC... Ima thump him on the nose for not popping those doors open ans providing a warm welcoming glow for you just like in the movies.
    Don't try to talk me out of it either... I think he has enough of a sense of humor to roll with it if he exists.
    I mean... he already died for it and all.

I also took an online test, and scored exactly 4 points above Asperger's... in person I'm an awkward person too.

I'm so glad to have your stuff to read late at night.
    It makes me smile, it touches me... It gives my squishy brain something positive to do.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.