Page 370 of 715 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420470 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 7150

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 370

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Where are all the socioeconomic nerds?
    I'm going to assume you don't read this thread at all and just stop by once a week to fart out random pictures and comments.

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Hello,
    I've just mainlined this entire journal over three (working) days. I love you all. Thank you for many hours of happy. I've created a user profile just so that I could say that. I shall be lurking from now on. Just as soon as I've brushed my bits with iodine...
    Hello, badgergirl!!! Thank you for briefly coming out of shy lurkdom - and please comment again if the mood ever takes you. Now get on that iodine brushing!

Actually, I should start lurking in here, too. I have an awful writing project to get through today.

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    It's not too late!!! Just substitute a vowel with an asterisk in each of their names!!! Or an @ for an a . . . the possibilities . . .

J@ck
    Mo11y
    Tryyyyyystan
    Fr-ed (or Fr.Ed.)
    Kalsdkfowirhgo (pronounced John)
    Jenn*phyr

* Embarrassing confession: when I was a very little panda and saw Mary Poppins for the first time, I thought the name of the children's mother was the most beautiful, elegant name EVER. Oh, duckies. Her name was Winifred.
    I've seen some good ones through the years. Mistakea, with a long E of course, we don't want to be too obvious now do we? Nevaeh is one of my favorites, or anything spelled backwards for that matter (wouldn't that be some sort of opposite effect?). J'ohn, M'ark, Asia, pronounced Ah-see-ah. I can't remember them all. Some require you to just not use brain cells, then it's like it suddenly appears in english.
    Last edited by justyouraveragecavemen; 06-20-2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: spelling
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I fully intend to do any of my offspring the kindness of giving them normal names. Of course, then they'll be the weirdos in school because they'll be the only ones whose names their teachers can pronounce, and they'll feel like I didn't love them enough to give them something bizarre or name them after an awful vampire novel character like all the other kids.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    The only Asia I ever knew pronounced it like the continent. Odd, to me, but makes a lot more sense than Ah-see-ah. Then again, that's English for you.

Then there's the story of the crack-head who gave birth to twins. A couple weeks later, the hospital calls saying she must name her children. "What do you mean? You gave them names at the hospital: Mall-ee and Fee-mall-ee."
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Some poor baby in my province a few years ago got named Cigarette.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

When I was in my teens, I was skimming the births and obituaries in the paper as I frequently did to enjoy names. Under births, I stumbled over Pebbles Champagne Smith.

Nice.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    If I ever squirt out puppies, gourd forbid, they're getting names from the 1920s. Ruby, Olive, Mable, Otto, Gus, Gene, etc.

Back when the names were good and the furniture was better.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Some require you to just not use brain cells, then it's like it suddenly appears in english.
    LOL.

It's like squinting for those hidden pictures in the sea of dots . . . sometimes if you just let your mind relax, the nonsense of the name before you reveals itself.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My cousin was tossing around possible names if she decided to have another kid and it was a girl. She told me one. I said it was pretty- how's it spelled? Whatever it was it was gaellic. "Do you think any teacher ever in her entire life is going to get that right?" "Oh."
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula