Page 368 of 703 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378418468 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 7028

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 368

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Cori, that is disgusting!! Look at all that bread!
    Hehehe.... C'mon!
    If Grumpycakes can have his cheat day why can't I.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Cori, that is disgusting!! Look at all that bread!
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Gravyboat wins for today.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    \o/

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    panda, where were you when my kids were born? i'm stupid when it comes to names. my first kitty's name was Kitty. current kitties are Little One (she's about 4lbs and tiny) and Callee (calico who came with the name). not going to tell you my kids' names, but they're probably on the top 10 or maybe 100 lists of popular names. we couldn't think of anything that we both could agree on, and so we ended up just agreeing on meanings. anyway...

sorry to be the voice of dissent, but i like my kids. yes, they're kids, so they have some mental and physical constraints that make life a little difficult sometimes, but they are awesome little people with interesting perspectives on life. not saying that everyone's missing out if they don't procreate or adopt, but "raise awesome, aware, conscientious people" was definitely a huge "accomplishment" on my bucket list that i think i'll be able to cross off. hopefully they're awesome enough to forgive me for their sort of generic names.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    sorry to be the voice of dissent, but i like my kids. yes, they're kids, so they have some mental and physical constraints that make life a little difficult sometimes, but they are awesome little people with interesting perspectives on life. not saying that everyone's missing out if they don't procreate or adopt, but "raise awesome, aware, conscientious people" was definitely a huge "accomplishment" on my bucket list that i think i'll be able to cross off. hopefully they're awesome enough to forgive me for their sort of generic names.
    Well I'm glad someone is out there doing the good lard's work so I don't have to.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Well I'm glad someone is out there doing the good lard's work so I don't have to.
    Ditto... 'cept I did it once, only once.
    Then learned how to use the oven lock.

Also... Of course you do... they're YOURS! It's a programming issue.
    If not all of the squalling, pooping, vomiting things would end up tossed right in the river.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    yeahhh...i dunno. there are some kids that, even if they were mine, i'd probably dump in the river.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    yeahhh...i dunno. there are some kids that, even if they were mine, i'd probably dump in the river.
    They might not behave that way if they were your kids

It was rubbish day today and as I put the nappies out in the rubbish bag to go out, my big girl (8yrs) commented that the smell was disgusting, and she didn't know how I could do it. I explained that it was a natural consequence of having children in our life, and that the alternative was abandoning her and her siblings in a field somewhere when they were babies.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I like my kiddo too. He's really funny and cool. And, he's really popular. It's bizarro. DH and I are popular here, but we never were growing up. It's kinda funny. But DS is like *mega* popular, and it's hard for DH and I to keep up with his social schedule (3 parties this weekend alone!).

I also don't think that parenting is a "must do" or that child free people are weird. I strongly considered remaining child free, but both DH and I decided that we really DID want to be parents. Our best friends are child-free (some by choice, some by infertility and then choosing not to adopt), and the first couple is set to inherit DS if something should happen to DH and myself. We asked them if they would be ok with that, because we didn't want to step on any child-free toes. DH's BFF has always been adamantly "no kids for me" kind of guy. His wife is infertile and has some major health issues (which caused the infertility), so she knew she would likely be child free. Both have nieces and nephews, so they're all cool with those kids, and are set to inherit those god forbid anything happens to their parents. I joked that, in cosmic irony, they'd probably end up with 5 kids at once ranging in age from (currently) 8 - 2 yrs old. HA!

I find most kids who are parented well (there are a variety of ways to do this) really delightful. For kids who are truly annoying in a lot of ways, it's often because the parents are not doing that great of a job, and as such, the kids have no grounding on which to stand. That stress freaks them out, and they act it out. The reality is that with proper, safe boundaries, those kids are really sweet and do well. Without them, they are a mess.

I have dear friends who are the weirdest parents ever. Just no consistency. Loving, but very liberal with no real boundaries. The kids rule the household, and it's absolute chaos all the time. When the kids are in their home, they make me BONKERS. once they come to my place (usually play dates), there are good, steady rules and boundaries -- and the elder girl will push (she's 6), but once she sees that I'm not budging, she goes into a safe, comfortable, and really delightful child mode. But, as soon as her mom shows up, she's 2000% chaos and it drives me bats.

I found EC was the best, best way to handle the elimination needs of kids. We had no diaper pail, we had no stinky trash to pitch, and we washed the ones that got soiled (pretty rare anyway). It was quick and easy. It's a learning curve up front, but it makes things so easy once you get the hang of it -- so much less mess to manage, and the kids seem to potty-learn themselves. Best, most innocuous parenting decision I ever made (by that I mean, i don't think it's "wrong" to diaper a baby. I just think it's more work to do so).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by orewapyun View Post
    What a nice spammer today! I swear they are actually sentient and make posts according to our annoyances and moods.
    Congrats spammer, for proving yourself human and that you can speak English! Now that you've done that, I only have one request:
    GO. TO. FUCKING. HELL. And be Satan's bitch while you're at it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome