Page 362 of 717 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412462 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 7164

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 362

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    They thought it was safe.
    They thought wrong.

Nacho and his lusty princess Margherita are torn apart when the Imperialites return to Earth to once again make slaves of men. With their new Dark Prince Philbert come to power, nothing can stand in their way.

Nothing . . . except Nacho.

NACHO: THE REFILL. Winter 2012.
    Does it come with a super sized soda?
    OMG< my head will pasplode from the sodium!
    You have me living in some dangerous territory here Gay Panda...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Oh, Lady Friend. Your work can't possibly need you for anything on a Friday afternoon. But Gay Panda needs you. I've spent the whole day writing a scene with the most delightfully twisted sociopaths, and I require nachos to recover.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Also... remind me to stay the F**** out of "Nutrition" ... holy hell there is NO LOGIC ALLOWED in that place!
    I put a bunch of science out there as a lone alternative voice, and people are all "But I like it, and it's not even the same thing (it IZZZ), so why do you feel the need to be right?"
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    I dunno... fracking SCIENCE?
    And I said that it's a personal choice but nooooo... still wantin to act like I've got some sort of angle. Bleh!

Oh... NACHOS!
    Do not venture into Nutrition. That way lies madness.

Also, now I want nachos too. Specifically, ones with jalapenos and spicy chicken. Dammit!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I can recommend my friend Mary Victoria's books which starts with Tymon's flight. Really interesting story, actually.

Btw, I hate missing everything in the over-night. I have to sleep people. Sheesh, time zones.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    So Vampires...were any actually written for dudes? I admit I have not read Stoker, but most seem to be all about female audiences. I guess Blade was dude oriented but eh. I'd really like to like vampires but so far no luck.
    "Agyar" by Steven Brust. It's been a long time since I read it, but what I remember was good to great.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    "Agyar" by Steven Brust. It's been a long time since I read it, but what I remember was good to great.
    awesome. Thanks. I'll see if it is at the bookstore tomorrow.

Lady Friend is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I really liked the main character for the first book (the main wizard dude), but was not really blown away by the others. I kind of felt that I was being beaten over the head by discussions of feminism in the later books. I realize Ursula Leguin is kind of a big name in making feminism OKAY in fantasy literature, but maybe that is why it felt so unnecessary to me now (they were written during the start of second-wave feminism I think), like OKAY do you have to make it such a big deal that there is an obvious disparity between gendered magics? I realize my feelings on this are not popular ones however and I feel that most fantasy readers would enjoy the series.
    Good point, but have you read some of her later work? The Left Hand of Darkness was wonderful. And I really like the Plant O - can't remember what book(s) that was in.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Friend View Post
    Good point, but have you read some of her later work? The Left Hand of Darkness was wonderful. And I really like the Plant O - can't remember what book(s) that was in.
    The Left Hand of Darkness sucked.

* ducks *

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    The Left Hand of Darkness sucked.

* ducks *
    Hmm... I take it Panda never got teh NACHOS! that were being demanded?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Lady Friend is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    i'd rather hack my own arm off 27hours style than ever set eye on the pages of moby dick again!
    I loathe that book. It's horrid in every possible way. Literary masterpiece my ass. I'm glad that whale killed everyone.

That said... I generally love lit.
    amen!