Page 36 of 703 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136536 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 36

BeckaSki is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm not going to lie, I've worn underwear right-side out one day then wrong-side out the next. But only when backpacking or some other outdoor activity where the space/weight that one pair of underwear takes up is actually important for other things. Weeks on end though is a stretch.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i can only imagine the skid marks permanently ingrained on that fabric
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Oh, Roger's Underwear System. All these years and I remember it like yesterday. Actually, better than yesterday. UGH.

Well, vote YES again and I'll post the story of Roger's Sock of Grime and Terror tomorrow. Just three votes and you can share another psychic scar with Gay Panda!!! Hooray!!!

ItinerantChild is offline Junior Member
    Never say No to Panda. I vote a resounding YES please!

HeatherJ is offline Senior Member
    I vote yes, but I dearly hope the sock in question es not turn out to be Roger's wanking sock!

PS- I saw Cabury Screme Eggs at Morrisons yesterday, out for Halloween. I stead of yellow goo inside, it is green! And the foil around the egg is suitably spooky.

As you know, I take primal direction from the kitty. Most of the time, this works out in my favor. I eat what she eats: bacon. I drink what she drinks: water. But, unfortunately, I think that she may have been leading me astray in a third arena of primal: exercise. I do what the kitty does: largely nothing. When she’s not chasing Benign Poltergeist, the kitty lays on the sofa with her head upside-down.

I weighed myself and was delighted to see 187.8 pounds of panda. However, my scale also estimates muscle, and that number has gone down. For a moment I was defiant: frankly, a part of me doesn’t care. Weight has been such a sore spot for so many years that if some muscle loss is what it takes to make me not a tick, then muscle loss it is. I am that damned tired of being fat. Then I backtrack, because nothing is fabulous about achieving a weak noodle 166.

I wake up daily with good intentions about exercise, and then I go to my books and make my characters exercise instead. It doesn’t transfer. Very occasionally, I walk on the primal treadmill*. I look at my tubby tabby, who has packed 13.2 pounds onto an 8-pound frame, and ponder if maybe I shouldn’t find another primal coach.

I loathe exercise, and I truly despise being in nature, and Chronic Cardio burned me out down to the level of the soul. So exercise falls by the wayside easily. But I don’t want to be a weakling, so after seeing my muscle loss, I got into my gym clothes and took the Netflix to the mailbox down the road for my sun exposure and nature time, and then I came back inside and turned on my treadmill.

It is hard for me to disentangle exercise from weight loss. I’ve spent years using one in the service of the other, and they are linked in my mind like 2 + 2 = 4. I used to exercise hard for 90-minute sessions, and I associate exercise with misery and boredom. So I limited myself to 30 minutes of walking at a slow pace, with three 30-second sprints. My iPhone supplied me with Katy Perry’s Last Friday Night, and I hit repeat over and over since the song circles happy faces on my feelings charts.

It was over quickly and painlessly enough, but I’m also supposed to lift something heavy. The filing cabinet is too heavy. The foam roller is too light. It’s better that I don’t touch the printer. Lady Friend manages my electronics since I maxed out at plugs and sockets, and so I also leave alone the router and modem, whichever is which. I wander through my kitchen, crossing objects off as too heavy or too light or too unwieldy or too edible, and walk into my living room. Primal Coach Kitty is lazing on the sofa, her big belly turned up to Valhalla and her head upside-down. We contemplate each other.

“You weigh 13.2 pounds,” I say. Not too heavy, not too light, not too unwieldy, not too edible, and I’m allowed to touch the kitty**. Setting my cell to play Last Friday Night one more time, I scoop her up and we dance around the living room. This works both my biceps and triceps, and sharpens my reflexes as the kitty tries to escape since she prefers Lady Gaga. I promised her Judas tomorrow.

UPDATE:
    (in explanation of *) Since I detest going outside, I have made my treadmill primal by hanging a gorgeous iridescent copper-coated maple leaf ornament in the window right next to the display. And while I walk, I can look out and see Avada Kedavra and her cohorts pecking down the driveway. Bird watching is also primal. Darlings, Gay Panda can justify ANYTHING.

(in explanation of **) Probably not for long, though. I know that you’re monitoring this journal, New York City ASPCA! You’re loading your van right now with cameras and nets, and getting directions from Cha-Cha to Gay Panda’s house so that I can star in an episode of Animal Precinct. But may I ask for a favor? Please wait until I weigh 156. The camera adds ten pounds.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Assuming you type and don't write your stories, is there anyway you could make a mount to type while you walk in the treadmill for ~45 min a day? It's something, at least.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Debdoub is offline Member
    Take this as the third YES on the sock story! And what does it say about me that I felt better when I found out he wore boxers instead of briefs??

We've gotten our three YES votes! The story of the Sock of Grime and Terror will be written now and should be posted by 11 a.m. Pacific Standard Time. It will likely be in two parts, so get comfy, ducklings, for a long tale of nasty.

Oh, and those looking for love? Should you find earthy charm in Roger's masculine wiles, I am very sure that he still flies solo in the romantic department. Gay Panda can be your matchmaker!!!