Page 355 of 715 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365405455 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 7150

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 355

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    As far as vampires go (which isn't very far with me) my heart was stolen by Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Damn, I loved Spike.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I saw the movie. Can't remember if I read the Vampire Diaries before or after that... probably before. I graduated from high school 14 years ago, so I would have been in jr high 18 and 20 years ago... how old is Interview??
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Interview was published in the mid 70's... but i read it for the first time shortly before Lost Boys... I was about 13. So in 86 or so?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canio6 Guest
    So Vampires...were any actually written for dudes? I admit I have not read Stoker, but most seem to be all about female audiences. I guess Blade was dude oriented but eh. I'd really like to like vampires but so far no luck.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Check out Stoker's version. It's like the original vampire book, or pretty close anyway.

In fact, I downloaded it for free on my Kindle, so maybe I'll start reading it this weekend. Stephen King's UR isn't really grabbing me yet... it's about a guy who buys a kindle to get back at his ex girlfriend and somehow he's given access to books by famous authors that were never published or some shit. Somehow it's supposed to get Kingish and scary, but I can't see it yet... It's only 81 pages long...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Check out Stoker's version. It's like the original vampire book, or pretty close anyway.
    yup, it is on my list of 'why the frack have I not read these yet?' books. I hope to get to it soon.

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    * throws bacon at Gwynn *

Lady Friend and I couldn't get through even the first book of that series, but most people we know adored them. I thought that it was an interesting idea, but it needed extensive editing to make it into a better story. However, 'extensive editing' is something that is no longer done in Publishing Land, as far as I know.
    *catches bacon*

Lord, what did I start?LOL You know, I hadn't even heard of these books until my cousin and his tween age daughter visited back during spring break. She kept going on and on and on about the books and about the fact that the movie was about to come out. Well, we took a chance and saw the movie. We liked it well enough. Then DS bought the book for me for Mother's Day. I will say I wish I had read the book first. I would have preferred to use my own imagination to visualize the characters, but anyway.

IMO, the first book was good, the second was almost as good, the third, not so much. I think the actual "Hunger Games" is a much more horrifying concept than the war in the third book.

For me, Katniss is not so much cold and calculating, but more of a "you do what you gotta do" type person. She had to take on adult responsibilities at such an early age, and hell, she is only 16 when she steps in for Prim!

I didn't like the fact that Prim died, though. That was sad.

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I feel so old... in middle school I read "Interview with a Vampire", that was my introduction Vampires... Oh, and The Lost Boys...(still epic) !!!

Jason Patrick was HAWT in Lost Boys.
    And The Doors People are Strange was gooood.
    I was 14... that's my excuse!

Interview is a pretty good introduction though.
    For me Bram Stoker's Dracula came a bit later. It's a great classic.
    I took my (then) 12 or 13 year old SD to The Lost Boys. I absolutely-freaking-love this movie. Still love it to this day. How can you not love movies with this quote: "It's the blood-sucking Brady Bunch!"

Love Bram Stoker's Dracula as well. Do you mean Coppola's version with Gary Oldman?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I was referring to the text where BS's Dracula was concerned.

I still watch Lost Boys every time I catch it on.
    But I do the same thing with Pretty in Pink and The Breakfast Club (and a few others). LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I loved the Lost Boys. Corey and Corey were so rad.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.