Page 352 of 699 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402452 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 6989

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 352

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    I remember looking in a mirror when I was a teenager wondering what the hell these stripes on my body were.
    I have a picture on my facebook wall (it's my cover photo or whatever they call it) of a girl with stretch marks on her belly and it says "you're a tiger who has earned her goddamned stripes". I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I am *so* thankful that i didn't have twins. God help me if I had.

I'd probably be dead.
    Same here! And I loved your depiction of the first month of mommyhood. Been there done that, but both of my kids were c-section b/c my first decided to use his cord as a pillow, which lowered his heart rate and the doctors were afraid he decided to use it as a necklace... totally unnecessary c-section in hindsight, but I was glad the contractions were going to stop.

HAHAHAHA Bella's handjob is awesome! lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, totally just posted the handjob on facebook. we'll see how many people it riles up. There are a lot of Twilight fans out there... personally, I've never read the books and after the beating they've taken here, I'm not sure if I want to... but maybe I do to see what the fuss is all about. *shrug* I'm still on the fence... but then again, I like fiction that doesn't require me to think much since I'm still in grad school and have to consciously think while reading our class material. Mindless fiction is a good break from serious grad school reading.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Will I need to duck and run for cover if I say I enjoyed The Hunger Games? Well, the first two books anyway. Wasn't a huge fan of Mockingjay. Plus I did the dumbest thing ever and read reviews of it before I read it, which included spoilers.....

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    fairly apt description for me of postpartum the first time. different details of course, but otherwise apt.

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    What I've read so far, quite likeable It's way more Sookie than Twilight.
    hmm...who is sookie?

Because it needed to be reposted.
    qft

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Except the second book, which is boring.

I have read the books at least 4-5 times, in succession, interspersed with Harry Potter and also . . .uhm, Pullman's Dark Materials.
    Indeed, the second book is far, far worse than books 1 and 3. But 4 really got to me when she switched characters. You don't tell an entire series from one person's perspective and then switch halfway through book 4!!! I think I shouted at Lady Friend about that, what if in Book 7 of Harry Potter, the entire middle of the story had been from Ron or Hermione's perspective? Or she'd told it from Ginny's or Neville's to catch us all up on the goings-on of Hogwarts?

Harry Potter gave me the fun escape I wanted, and His Dark Materials had such an interesting view of magic! I couldn't get into Twilight. Christopher Pike's many books (which I loved in high school) had me riveted with his high school characters and their love lives and what-not, but Bella and her cronies just left me flat.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Will I need to duck and run for cover if I say I enjoyed The Hunger Games? Well, the first two books anyway. Wasn't a huge fan of Mockingjay.
    * throws bacon at Gwynn *

Lady Friend and I couldn't get through even the first book of that series, but most people we know adored them. I thought that it was an interesting idea, but it needed extensive editing to make it into a better story. However, 'extensive editing' is something that is no longer done in Publishing Land, as far as I know.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    hmm...who is sookie?

Sookie Stackhouse- True Blood (which is what escaped me when I went with Sookie)

With Eric Northman and Alcide. Mmmmm. And Sam. She can keep, er, ah, what's her main squeeze's name? I'll take the rest of the men
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Will I need to duck and run for cover if I say I enjoyed The Hunger Games? Well, the first two books anyway. Wasn't a huge fan of Mockingjay. Plus I did the dumbest thing ever and read reviews of it before I read it, which included spoilers.....
    I like them! Yeah, I agree on Mockingjay though. I definitely liked the IDEA of the books more than the execution. I liked the movie version too, curious to see how they adapt the second one to film.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I read The Hunger Games. The first was all right, I guess. It went downhill from there. I've noted this before around these parts and got a strange reaction, but in my opinion, it seemed like the lady was dipping into unknown areas with the violent scenes. I'm not saying that a woman can't write about war, but the last book is going to make a shoddy movie, based on the descriptions of combat. After watching the movie of the first book, my imagination was way more exciting than the visual effects in the film. I dunno, the rest of the movies are just going to look cheesy, I think. Just because you write about a girl hurling a long spear through a guy's throat doesn't make you that good at violence.
    /mindless ramble
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hunger Games Spoilers ahead.....

The issue was she tried to make the war like the games. It just doesn't work. Defense pods that release stuff like in the arena? WTF kind of defense program is that? I think she was trying to keep the same feel to it by making it basically a giant 'Hunger Games' instead of an actual war. So Katniss is badass with a bow, cool. Do you think trained soldiers can't shoot? All those peace keepers running around not hitting shit, please. Also, who releases giant mutant lizards to plow through their own soldiers before failing to get the enemy? No one. Well, no one except an author trying to keep her audience happy. And her audience is teenagers. It is not supposed to be a complete adult novel. It was not written for adults.

Also, Katniss is a straight up cold biatch, manipulative, selfish, and only thinks of herself (well, outside of her sister and the little chick who dies in the first one) yet she gets all mad and pissy and upset when Gail wants to basically wipe out the whole mountain in District 2? Does not compute. "We are better than that." Really? You are not so good that you wont use any dude you can find to get an advantage and then do exact as it is said and hook up with the one that gives you the best chance to survive in life. Yeah, I wasn't buying that for a second.

Edit: I did think the District 13 chick blowing up all the kids was pretty well done.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony