Page 351 of 699 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 6989

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 351

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieCaleña View Post
    Thanks Cori, I had LOADS of fun making it (and drinking the wine, hey I needed something to hold the wig up, so I HAD TO drink the wine!). Here's the tutorials I used and inspiration I drew from
    Tutorial: How to make a simple paper wig « Inside the collection – Powerhouse Museum
    Paper Wigs
    Challenge accepted!
    There will be friends involved.
    We will be dorks, possibly in public!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Ughhh I cant stand reading those kinda books...
    In my family we beat the everloving hell out of people that (try to) treat us like that....
    Hotness aside,...it stll makes me wanna headbutt somebodys nose to mush.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    umm...so i looked at some pics of octomom from the photo shoot. i didn't really find it gross, just sad. she didn't look like she was having fun. plus the whole jacking off in front of baby clothes thing is just weird to me, and i'm not into the unnaturally inflated lips look either (*ahem* lips on her face).

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    yup, stretchies here too, but they don't bug me.

now, irony, i really enjoy twilight. anyone want to give an analysis as to why? anyone?

yeah, i really have no idea. i found them after DS was born. How did I find them? Well, I was sitting all fat and pregnant (you know, double worthless apparently), and by fat I mean "swollen and full of fluid" becuase it was like, 2 days before I gave birth, and I happened to see a snippet of Entertainment TOnight or some such something with all these girls waving a black book around with a chess piece on it and there's a movie being made and OMG everyone is SO excited. And I thought to myself, "shit, i need something vapid to read. teenagers lead the way!" and so, i go to Target and wouldn't you know that the whole series (hardback no less) is on sale.

So i buys it. And then i give birth before I start to read it. becuase unlike other pregnant ladies who spent their money on baby stuff, I'm a minimalist and i figure my baby don't need nothing and besides my mom bought everything anyway because her love language is stuff and some more stuff, and so I went to target to buy books because all of these lactating ladies were like, you'll want to nurse by the tv, with the remote! and i was like "i don't have cable" and so I realized that i would be bored and my brilliant idea to do crafts (*snort*) was finally abandoned becuase it didn't make sense if I was going to be holding a baby at the same time. I needed a one-handed activity and figured that the other one-handed activity would be not-right while nursing a baby. just sayin.

So i bought twilight. And I think I probably also bought some soap that day, because I can never go into target for just one thing, because that would be silly. So i think i bought more shampoo or something because surely we'd need to wash our hair after the baby came.

So, i gave birth.

And then about a month later, I was seriously bored. The first two weeks I was too tired and my crotch and butt hurt. Crotch for obvious reasons, but the butt was unexpected. Truth is, new moms SIT a lot. jesus, it's a lot. And if you aren't used to sitting for, like 9 hours straight and not moving because the baby is nursing/sleeping/peeing in a bucket/rinse and repeat and if you put that baby down all hell will break loose, then your butt hurts so bad and all you want to do is hand the baby over to someone else and like, walk, but your crotch hurts too much to really get anywhere fast -- which is why Depends or really, the baby's cloth diapers stuffed into your undies is a seriously good idea. Because the bathroom is just about three steps over there, but seriously, it takes too long to get there, and you had to move the baby first and hope to god all hell didn't break loose.

Anyway, about a month in, you figure out how to keep hell from breaking loose, pee without wetting yourself, and your crotch hurts less and your butt has adapted to sitting all day.

So you can read.

I absolutely loved the books. Seriously.

I think it was a combination of: oh shit, being a stay at home mom is seriously boring + oh shit, I have nothing to do but be a food machine/pacifier/hold kid over the toilet-er + oh shit, please don't let all hell break loose if I go and get another iced tea + oh shit, why doens't anyone talk to me, did the birth make me invisible + wtf happened to my husband and why did he go insane = this Twilight stuff is a decent read. Excep tthe second book, which is boring.

I have read the books at least 4-5 times, in succession, interspersed with Harry Potter and also . . .uhm, Pullman's Dark Materials. I read some other series that reminded me of sex in the city and was stupid (i don't know why i thought that one was stupid but twilight was Most Excellent), and went back to my rotation: harry, twilight, harry, twilight, dark materials, twilight, harry. I also read a couple of other good series in there (Across the Nightingale Floor and the two that follow), but I really got sucked into twilight.

And, it was fun, because at 3 pm, the teens would flood into the cafe where I spent most of the winter reading books and eating and drinking ice tea while nursing the kid pretty much non-stop (well, we went out hiking fairly often. lol), but anyway, I would go there around 1 pm and hang until DH got off work, and read twilight.

and the girls would come in and coo over the baby and we would talk about twilight and I think i felt like a human being.

Sorry gay panda.

not exactly the best material for gay panda. but i try to show the humor.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Zoebird...

I'm not going to try and understand your love of the Twi... nor will I bash it. I read less than stellar literary works of different flavors sometimes too. But I will offer you this...
    'Bella's first hand job' ...

SEE... they TOTALLY could have fooled around and stayed 'chaste'.

Also... that was a really excellent description of postpartum mommyhood. No, REALLY!!! Except that I had to have a Cesarean because my little monkey tried to crack himself out of the egg 6 weeks too early and then totally FAILED.

Now he has flown the coop (because he is grown), and since I have brain issues I'm back to sitting, and sitting, and sitting, and reading. My butt does hurt sometimes! My brand new super-poofy power recliner is helping some.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I had twins - I didn't even have one hand.

you must have needed one of those computers and head set things that do eye movement to turn the pages for you. And i bet your butt hurt more.

I am *so* thankful that i didn't have twins. God help me if I had.

I'd probably be dead.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    (In addition, I inserted "flap meat" since Sigi yelled at me for using that in FABULOUS.)
    <sputter>

I did not yell at you for saying "flap meat"! I simply begged you to take a modicum of care with how you bandied the term about. And then I was a wee bit overcome and had to sit down and recover with some Lindt. Which, coincidentally, is exactly what I'm doing right now.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    I remember looking in a mirror when I was a teenager wondering what the hell these stripes on my body were.
    That was the beginning of your black bands that turned you into a Panda. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    with likeable characters? please?
    What I've read so far, quite likeable It's way more Sookie than Twilight.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    'Bella's first hand job' ...

SEE... they TOTALLY could have fooled around and stayed 'chaste'.
    Because it needed to be reposted.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula