Page 349 of 703 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359399449 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 7028

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 349

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I've tried to write bodice rippers and vapid Twilightness. I can't. I physically can't.
    Yup. This was more or less why I sighed and gave up on being a pro writer. Without a winning series that pulls in the dough, you pretty much have to moonlight as a romance writer. And I can't rip bodices that hard.

Why do women read about vapid, spineless twits like Bella? I suspect two reasons: One! they're young, and they have been trained to be submissive by a culture that believes girls shouldn't make waves. You want a man? Don't be too forward. He won't like that. Don't call him on his shit. If he upsets you, be passive aggressive about it. Make him guess what you want. Be a doormat.

Reason two! Pure fantasy. Some ladies, no matter how strong they are, really do just enjoy the damsel in distress fantasy. It doesn't mean that's how they are in the "real world". It means that in their own head, in bed, that's what gets them going. They want the chance to surrender control.

The flipside is Anita, who always wants control. I mean, I guess. That's what I read in that first book. For all I know she gets tied up somewhere along the line.

Also, there is a "chosen one/destined love" thing going on in the Twilight books that I bet appeals to a lot of people. Especially teenagers, and especially teenage girls who have it beaten into their head that they need to find a man ASAP or risk being a spinster. It makes everything sooo tidy when the perfect guy just shows up to break your hymen.

My big problem with Bella is she just isn't a likable or well-developed character. At all. Same problem I have with Anita, really. If you're going to drag me into your stupid romantic fantasies, your character should at least be someone I like and root for.

Again, going to recommend the Darkyn books, because the female characters all kick ass and don't make me want to punch a wall. Some of them are submissives, some aren't, and they're all highly enjoyable guilty pleasures.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Aww... *thoughtful pause* for Booter.
    Thanks, I just drooled on my desk. I appreciate that.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I beg to differ... if she dislikes it (Hit/spank), and is only tolerating it from a bargaining standpoint (for the relationship/sex/or from a monetary/fear of greater reprisal standpoint... it's abuse.
    amen, but along the same lines if it is not your thing do not say it is and try to fake it.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Stretch marks can strike anyone, anywhere, boys or girls, even pandas. I grew so fast as a cub that I ended up with stretch marks myself.
    Twins!
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    amen, but along the same lines if it is not your thing do not say it is and try to fake it.
    But, but, HE'S HOT!!!!

(You're right.)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    he's hot and that's the only way she can have him!

because she sees the hurt little boy soul in his eyes

beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Pfft. I'm not into hitting or spanking because of my past. End of story, do not pass go. I had an ex try and say that if I really loved him, I'm buy into it. I told him to "go to hell, I got enough of that as a kid. It's not a fucking turn on and if it's a deal breaker, there's the goddammed door."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    he's hot and that's the only way she can have him!

because she sees the hurt little boy soul in his eyes
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

You can march that hurt little boy soul straight out of my bedroom and into a therapist's office, honey.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Twins!
    Yay, more stretched people!

I remember looking in a mirror when I was a teenager wondering what the hell these stripes on my body were.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Pfft. I'm not into hitting or spanking because of my past. End of story, do not pass go. I had an ex try and say that if I really loved him, I'm buy into it. I told him to "go to hell, I got enough of that as a kid. It's not a fucking turn on and if it's a deal breaker, there's the goddammed door."
    that... is hot. i am going to woo the hell out of you one day

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

You can march that hurt little boy soul straight out of my bedroom and into a therapist's office, honey.
    oh but gay panda, why? all you have to do is painful physical acts that you don't like and HE'S HEALLLLLED, LIKE JAYYYYYYYSUS
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!