Page 333 of 704 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383433 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 7031

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 333

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    We gave up cable a few years ago, so my guilty habits are mostly things like watching stupid comedy vids on YouTube or watching CrossFit competitions ('cause I'm a dork that way).

However, when it comes to reading, I have a major junk fantasy novel habit, and I inherited a good-sized stack of cheesy horror (mostly vampire) novels from a friend who was moving to the US to get hitched and decided to pass them on to me. The more heavy my academic reading gets, the trashier my bedside fiction gets. I'm the only person I know who reads the heavy literary stuff on vacation and leaves the fluff for home.
    now you know someone else. balances things out nicely.

we don't have TV, but storm chasers is streaming via netflix. mad men was my dirty secret for a while, until i got fed up with the misogyny.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Also, bloodorchid's stupid exercise video posts sent me down the rabbit hole of terrible YouTube fitness vids.
    you're welcome
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    you're welcome
    I always enjoy a good rabbit hole.

Ooh, you know what else is fun? Looking up crazy conspiracy theorists. I can spend hours on that stuff.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    My even worse dirty secret... I've read all of the books that True Blood is based on.
    I've read a bunch of Laurel K Hamilton too.... her heroines sure know how to par-tay. (Or kill and f*, whichever. LOL)
    Dirty dirty dirty shameful reading secrets there!
    oh me too...cori...me too!! Unfortunately the series didn't stick very close to the books, but its still ok. I'm fixing to read vol. 10. my shameful reading secrets are vampire/paranormal romance novels! Haven't read LK Hamilton. Will have to check her out.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    oh me too...cori...me too!! Unfortunately the series didn't stick very close to the books, but its still ok. I'm fixing to read vol. 10. my shameful reading secrets are vampire/paranormal romance novels! Haven't read LK Hamilton. Will have to check her out.
    Laurel K has two series... The Anita Blake series... vampires/weres/witchcraft(zombies!)
    and The Merry Gentry series... fairies, but in a good fairies/evil fairies and lots of weirdness way.

Both pretty entertaining as far as shameful reading goes.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    My darling, I know.

I’m used to worship. I can’t walk down a street in the magical bamboo forest without hearing an appreciative daaaaaamn from some admirer lucky enough to be cast in the brief shade of my passage. I’m sick. I’m sexyfied. I can’t help it. Some of us are Libras, some of us are Aries, and others of us were just born under the sign of RAWR.

I can’t pretend that I don’t enjoy the attention. I am a shy and retiring panda who spends most of the day recounting the exploits of entirely imaginary people, and on occasion I do long for something real. In my heart, I cherish those daaaaaamns, even if I look at you like you’re a freak, and I might need to consider traveling about with a bodyguard. Maybe he or she will push the cart at Whole Foods if I pay extra.*

But this has grown tiresome. You are there at Whole Foods by the hot bar, leering at the tub of crusty potatoes with me. You are there when I make bacon and eggs, when I do the laundry, when I watch a terrible remake of Robin Hood with a thoroughly unattractive cast wielding arrows and British Teeth, when I yell at the chickens for pecking incessantly at the house. You are there, incredibly, when I am in the shower. I find this very intrusive, because I hardly know you well enough for that, and tandem showering is something I have never understood unless the shower has two nozzles so one of you is not left shivering.

So I am drawing the line. This is enough. You have been with me for over a week, Cold Virus, and it is time for you to depart. I know how happy you are in my company, and that your dismissal will cause unrelenting grief that will haunt you the rest of your days. I am sorry for this**. But I am also adamant. Gay Panda wants to breathe unimpeded again. Gay Panda wants to write without having to dash for tissues in a sudden nasal outpour. Gay Panda wants to stop watching mindless hours of British Teeth while feeling crappy.

Please, go. Write poems of me. Wish upon stars. Stare soulfully into fires and tell people of how you were cruelly parted from your one true love, and how you have never been the same, nor will love again. Listen to Britney Spears’ musical masterpiece Toxic and weep for how it expresses what is in your heart so beautifully. Know that I am doing the same***.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    UPDATE: (in explanation of *, **, and ***)

* If you would like to apply for the position of bodyguard, please address your application to Gay Panda at the Magical Bamboo Forest. You must be proficient with a fighting staff.

** And flattered to inspire such passion.

*** Truth: I’m not. GTFO, cold, I’m sick of blowing my nose!!!

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Laurel K has two series... The Anita Blake series... vampires/weres/witchcraft(zombies!)
    and The Merry Gentry series... fairies, but in a good fairies/evil fairies and lots of weirdness way.

Both pretty entertaining as far as shameful reading goes.
    I tried. I tried to read LKH. I love a good junk food fantasy as much as anyone, but...oh god. Anita Blake? Annoying. Obnoxious. Bitchiness for the sake of being a bitch. That first book made my teeth itch. Just not my cup of tea. And when I skimmed some of the sex scenes in the later books, I couldn't stop myself from laughing. And laughing. And laughing. And then crying, when I realized how much money LKH makes off these things.

Sookie Stackhouse, on the other hand? So entertaining. In no way is she trying to be a badass. But I love her anyway. Later books were -- meh. But the earlier ones were awesome, exciting, and at times unexpected. I like True Blood, too, though I hear it takes a downturn around season 3. Whatever. It's popcorn. So long as it stays entertaining, that's all I care.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    I tried. I tried to read LKH. I love a good junk food fantasy as much as anyone, but...oh god. Anita Blake? Annoying. Obnoxious. Bitchiness for the sake of being a bitch. That first book made my teeth itch. Just not my cup of tea. And when I skimmed some of the sex scenes in the later books, I couldn't stop myself from laughing. And laughing. And laughing. And then crying, when I realized how much money LKH makes off these things.

Sookie Stackhouse, on the other hand? So entertaining. In no way is she trying to be a badass. But I love her anyway. Later books were -- meh. But the earlier ones were awesome, exciting, and at times unexpected. I like True Blood, too, though I hear it takes a downturn around season 3. Whatever. It's popcorn. So long as it stays entertaining, that's all I care.
    I did say it as shameful reading.
    I read the Sookie novels too.
    Hmm... actually I'm a few behind in all series mentioned because I won't pay anything but paperback price for any of them... but anyway)
    The Sookie books don't have enough ridiculously violent sex for my particular tastes in candy, but they are cute in a way that the LKH books are not and I enjoy both series when feel like something fluffy.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    The Sookie books don't have enough ridiculously violent sex for my particular tastes in candy, but they are cute in a way that the LKH books are not and I enjoy both series when feel like something fluffy.
    If you want some good raunchy stuff with a good story to boot try JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series! Oh my...the brotherhood is hot Hot HOT! I've read some other good "shameful reading" authors too...but I don't want to hijack GP's journal!! I have posted a list of my fave's in my journal...My Quest for Primal Fire if you're interested.
    Last edited by theprimalcajun; 06-10-2012 at 08:16 PM.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!