Page 321 of 699 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371421 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 6989

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 321

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hot and sour soup is magic.

Also, my very first Valentines Day with my partner, we decided to stay in and relax (ridiculously busy lives!), so we got takeout and a bottle of wine and decided to check out what movies were on the satellite--this is before we kicked TV. I surfed through the endless glut of Sandra Bullock and Meg Ryan flicks and finally found Smokey and the Bandit and asked my sweetie if we could please, please watch that one, please?

Long story short: the Owly is not into the chick flicks.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Also, here, Panda, have some tea. According to my grandmother, it will fix *everything*.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

onalark is offline Senior Member
    ::heads over to the iodine discussion::

::gets popcorn::

::remembers popcorn isn't primal::

::gets popcorn anyway::

::adds bacon::

This whole exchange is fascinating, especially since I have him blocked. It's like you're arguing with a mute sockpuppet. Brilliant.

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Please don't pile on to the Iodine Thread. I have participated in the thread, I bought David Brownstein's book, and I am currently on 50 mg of Lugol's a day, plus the companion nutrients. DH is taking one 50mg Iodoral a day, because he has gastric issues.

I wish you could know what it's like to have health problems and be either 1. scoffed at, or 2. told it's all in your head, or 3. told it's just a part of aging. My DH started having health problems in 2005. It was a cluster of symptoms, and we have been to many doctors and have spent a lot of money. We have had zero results with conventional doctors.

To be fair, DH is disgusted with both conventional and alternative therapies, but I will keep plugging along. Perhaps I will find something to help him.

Gwynn

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Please don't pile on to the Iodine Thread. I have participated in the thread, I bought David Brownstein's book, and I am currently on 50 mg of Lugol's a day, plus the companion nutrients. DH is taking one 50mg Iodoral a day, because he has gastric issues.

I wish you could know what it's like to have health problems and be either 1. scoffed at, or 2. told it's all in your head, or 3. told it's just a part of aging. My DH started having health problems in 2005. It was a cluster of symptoms, and we have been to many doctors and have spent a lot of money. We have had zero results with conventional doctors.

To be fair, DH is disgusted with both conventional and alternative therapies, but I will keep plugging along. Perhaps I will find something to help him.

Gwynn
    I have multiple rare chronic medical conditions... I have been scoffed at plenty.
    That doesn't make iodine a miracle that cures everything... also it doesn't make it entirely safe at high doses.
    There are some doctors that WERE on the iodine train that have gotten off because they found that the high doses were having some harmful effects in their research.
    No I'm not going to go dig up the research for you. But I read both sides of a story before making a decision... I don't scoff at anything negative and worship every single positive anecdote as "SCIENCE" as Grizz does.

I take iodine myself because I cannot have salt at all and therefore do not have any other access to it in my diet.
    There is no such thing as a miracle panacea such as Grizz seems to believe of those rusty little drops.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Gwynn, I'm on iodine myself! My quibble is not with iodine supplementation, and I've bored all of the visitors to this journal for months with my experimentation with it. I've watched Lady Friend get brushed off by doctors for ages, and I've received that response to health problems myself with my own doctors. It is very frustrating.

After two decades of terrible sleep, I started taking iodine and the companion supplements in March and within a week, dramatically improved. It no longer takes me hours to fall asleep and I don't wake up repeatedly through the night. I don't doze off in my chair all day any longer and wrote a book in seven weeks simply because I was awake and functional enough to do it. That is amazing, and I have frequently plugged my n=1 benefit of iodine in that regard here for ages. As far as my other issues, iodine has not helped. But I am happy to sleep.

What I dislike about the iodine thread is the tone, which I why I stopped posting there. I would love to be able to recommend it to people who ask me about iodine, but I can't. I'm embarrassed to associate myself with it, and that makes me sad. Iodine has not fixed but improved a problem I've had for a very long time, and I wish I could suggest that thread as a resource for friends who also sleep poorly or have other issues that might be assisted by iodine. But the second they see rants about conspiracy theories and evil doctors, they're going to dismiss it. I would, too.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I have multiple rare chronic medical conditions... I have been scoffed at plenty.
    That doesn't make iodine a miracle that cures everything... also it doesn't make it entirely safe at high doses.
    There are some doctors that WERE on the iodine train that have gotten off because they found that the high doses were having some harmful effects in their research.
    No I'm not going to go dig up the research for you. But I read both sides of a story before making a decision... I don't scoff at anything negative and worship every single positive anecdote as "SCIENCE" as Grizz does.

I take iodine myself because I cannot have salt at all and therefore do not have any other access to it in my diet.
    There is no such thing as a miracle panacea such as Grizz seems to believe of those rusty little drops.
    cori, you don't have to research anything for me. I have followed the thread from it's beginning.

I don't necessarily think Iodine is a miracle nutrient. I am just giving it a shot.

I do appreciate everything Grizz has done. He is not the only person on that thread who has questioned allopathic doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Gwynn, I'm on iodine myself! My quibble is not with iodine supplementation, and I've bored all of the visitors to this journal for months with my experimentation with it. I've watched Lady Friend get brushed off by doctors for ages, and I've received that response to health problems myself with my own doctors. It is very frustrating.

After two decades of terrible sleep, I started taking iodine and the companion supplements in March and within a week, dramatically improved. It no longer takes me hours to fall asleep and I don't wake up repeatedly through the night. I don't doze off in my chair all day any longer and wrote a book in seven weeks simply because I was awake and functional enough to do it. That is amazing, and I have frequently plugged my n=1 benefit of iodine in that regard here for ages. As far as my other issues, iodine has not helped. But I am happy to sleep.

What I dislike about the iodine thread is the tone, which I why I stopped posting there. I would love to be able to recommend it to people who ask me about iodine, but I can't. I'm embarrassed to associate myself with it, and that makes me sad. Iodine has not fixed but improved a problem I've had for a very long time, and I wish I could suggest that thread as a resource for friends who also sleep poorly or have other issues that might be assisted by iodine. But the second they see rants about conspiracy theories and evil doctors, they're going to dismiss it. I would, too.
    Like I told Cori, Grizz isn't the only person who spoke about conspiracy theories about doctors and medicine. Anyway, I knew you were doing the iodine, b/c I have been following your journal too! I am so glad you have gotten some results, and I hope you get more. I don't want you to quite b/c of the tone of the thread.

I was really hoping DH would get some results b/c of the benefits that Grizz and John have had. He has not had results like they have posted yet.

I don't think you should avoid recommending the thread. Just tell everyone you do to take some of the comments with a grain of salt. (No pun intended.)

BTW, I am probably one of the wackos, b/c I am one of the ones with the "earthing sheet." LOL

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I am also taking iodine, but the higher levels caused all kinds of problems for me. I now take only 1 mg/day but have seen some nice improvements in my cycle and other female issues.

Now Grizz...Is a nutcase and there is no way to argue otherwise. For me it all started on my "Feeling Sexy" thread where he repeatedly gave us explicit sexual advice. It was somewhat amusing to myself and the other posters. Then he went over to someone else's thread and told his "first time" story. At the time, I felt that the reaction to his post was excessively mean. We became "friends" when I sent him a PM apologizing for the way he had been treated. Since then, I have seen him do the same thing repeatedly. He needs to be the absolute authority on every topic from sex to the Leptin Reset to iodine and he will visciously attack anyone who disagees with him and then act like the injured innocent. I unfriended him a few months ago. It would take more than a grain of salt to make that thread palatable. Sorry Gwynn.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i won't apologize, he goes too far

i also have a disorder that isn't *really real* yet in the medical community

but it's all good

i. am. CHILLY, yo! gay panda! where's the soup?!

finnegan! where's the vanadium?!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!