Page 30 of 717 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130530 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 30

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anjelevil View Post
    Happy Days for laziness..not something we normally celebrate but here it's fantastic!
    Exactly! I looked those cravings right in the eye and told them if they wanted chocolate-covered pretzels so badly, then THEY could get changed, find where Benign Poltergeist hid the keys, go to the car, zoom past Poo Hurler's house, drive half an hour to Trader Joe's, drive half an hour back, and then eat all the pretzels that they wanted. And you know what? My cravings were not nearly as strong as my laziness, which looked at that list of tasks and said, "Like HELL!"

But I am so, so happy that I do not have those things in the house, or last night might have gone very, very differently.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Good for you! I talked myself into a binge just this afternoon. Of course I live in a home with 4 non Primal people so there is temptation everywhere. The really stupid thing is that I just celebrated 1 year of being Primal (albeit not always faithfully). It was a good weekend and I hit a new low weight.
    So stupid...I even eat badly when life is relatively good. I tend to do this every time I hit a new Primal milestone. Oh well, time to climb back on the horse.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I talked myself into a binge just this afternoon. Of course I live in a home with 4 non Primal people so there is temptation everywhere. The really stupid thing is that I just celebrated 1 year of being Primal (albeit not always faithfully). It was a good weekend and I hit a new low weight.
    Yikes, this would make primal much harder for me in my bad moments. Binge aside, CONGRATULATIONS on 1 year of primal!

Quote Originally Posted by robotunicr0n View Post
    But not the message!
    This has given me a great mental image all day of doing a silent It Gets Better video in a panda costume, holding a pointer to my speech written out on poster boards.

And everyone will think that I am absolutely insane. Or a furry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Down with grumpy moods! I hope that you do not have to drop your class (bad teacher? time conflict?)

I wish I could blame it on someone or something other than myself, but sadly not so. I am fine when it comes to the day to day parts of my program (currently sitting at 100% for my practice labs, all my written work, etc) but when it comes to an actual lab test, where I know I am going to be closely scrutinized, my self-conscious nature causes my brain to go into panic mode and I make stupid mistakes. For these tests, there is no marking on a percentage scale...you either pass or fail. One mistake, regardless of how minor = game over. I failed the same lab twice. So on Tuesday I have to go before the head of the program and will be told whether or not I can remain in the class or if I will have to take it at a later time.

This is weighing heavily on my mind, and I am trying to find something to distract myself from my self pity. I planned to go for a hike, but a sign was placed on the gate by my house warning about bears being active in the area, which explains the big mounds of poop with the cherry pits in them, that I have been stepping over on my hikes recently. The bear zone involves only about 10% of my regular route, so what are the chances I will run into one? And if I do, will the bear decide that I have just the right amount of fat to still be delicious, or would he rather wait for some grain/sugar fed child with a creamy cadbury center? (one part of the path is also a short cut many elementary school children take to school) Hmmm.. what to do, what to do?

never mind...it started to rain. Take a chance on running into a bear? probably. Get my hair wet? pffffft not happening.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Or a furry.
    that just seems worse than insanity
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    that just seems worse than insanity
    I have spent the last hour and a half contemplating if I would rather have people think I A: was insane; or B: snuggle with Wookies.

If I knew that someone did B, I would automatically assume A about them. So it's a double blow, and therefore I would have to go with choosing A for myself. However, it is utterly uncharitable of me to assume that people who snuggle with Wookies are all nuts. Some of them surely are, but it's a gross generalization to say that all of them are.

If one day the world is under alien attack, and the only one who could save us was a furry, I would hate to know that the reason he or she turned his or her (furry) back on humanity was because I had not extended the branch of acceptance first. After all, what a furry does affects me and my life not one bit. People into furry-ism improve our struggling economy. They pump money into arts-and-crafts stores for their costume making if they are creative, rental stores if they are not. They provide Gay Panda with entertainment online in blogs, giving me a reason to pay for DSL. They indirectly support the food-and-beverage industry, because when Gay Panda was teaching Lady Friend and several others the furry lexicon at a nice restaurant, we laughed so hard that people walking by assumed that it was the restaurant which must be wonderful, and came in for a table.

Furries have conventions (such as the Furry Weekend Atlanta in March 2012: Moulin Rouge), booking hotels as other businesses go bankrupt and quit their own. They have art and gaming communities, publish comic books, they post 'fursonals' and hope to find love, there are Jewish Furries and Christian Furries websites for those who need to connect on a spiritual level. Being a furry is no weirder than having a sneezing fetish (and frankly, being a furry is less icky to Gay Panda than someone who craves being sneezed upon. EEEEWWWWWWW.)

But, having considered all of that, Gay Panda would still pick A. However, if the choices were limited to B: snuggles with Wookies; C: defiles innocent Cadbury Eggs; and D: sneezing fetish, then my selection becomes more difficult. I think that I would prefer people believe that I'm sitting here in a panda costume roving fursonal ads than doing what Rod and his pervy girlfriend do with Cadbury Eggs, and I would rather people think that I'm buying Eggs in bulk for bedroom purposes than SNEEZING ON MY ROMANTIC PARTNERS.

So, now that I have presented my answers, primal community, in the order of insanity-furry-Eggs-sneezing, I wonder about you. Even you, quiet lurkers. ESPECIALLY you.
    Last edited by Gay Panda; 09-25-2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Gay Panda can't conjugate verbs after nightfall.

bedouin is offline Member
    this is my fav MDA journal ever. thanks panda xxx

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    but would you rather be a furry who sneezes on people or a furry who licks people in the nose?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.