Page 298 of 704 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348398 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 7031

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 298

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    UPDATE: (in explanation of *)

Actually, five students split, giving the teacher exactly what she wanted. Lady Friend remained in the class for the semester, and reports that she was a mediocre teacher threatened by talent.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    My first year, I landed with a sports medicine major. While we weren't friends, we adapted to the 10x10 room fairly easily.
    My second roommate wasn't there. She bought a dorm room and lived with her parents in town. Never got that one, but hey, I got a single for a double price.
    My third one was a bit kooky (Wiccan because she was rebelling, bi and engaged because it was convenient, metal arts major who woudn't know the right end of a welding torch), but livable until she grabbed my ass while I was brushing my teeth. I made no bones abt that before she moved in: she could hit on anyone she wanted, so long as she wasn't hitting on me or anyone I was dating. THe instant she grabbed my ass, I essentially did all I could to lay down firmer rules and tell her that the friendship was OVER, because I knew the RAs wouldn't do anything abt it for the 2 months of the semester/ year we had left.
    After that, I moved the fark out of the dorms.
    I sometimes wonder if I missed out on the college experience by not being involved more and living on campus. My cousin was big into sororities and lived in the sorority dorm, she had a most enjoyable experience in college. Me....I didn't even make friends.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

GP, she reminds of one of my honors english profs that would poke her chest out, raise her chin up high and say "I've been published" in what I don't know...she was the cause of me not graduating with honors in english. I got a C in her class and you had to have like a 3.5 in the combined courses to graduate with honors. I still hate her.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    My freshman roomie and I got along pretty well. I think we were both disappointed when we didn't become BFFLs, though we did share some friends made during the first few weeks of college. We both were barely in our room after the first couple months because we got boyfriends and usually slept in their room. My then-boyfriend's roomie was never there, he ended up unofficially moving out to a friend's dorm pretty quickly and left all his stuff behind. I took a sweatshirt.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I wasn't a sorostitute and had no desire to be one. THe closest I came to that was trying my damnedest for Chi Ep (civil engineering honor frat, never had a shot) and tau beta pi (engineering honor frat, never had a shot there either.) Ive had people tell me I missed out on a lot by not going to football games, going out for being a sorostitute, and not going out drinking with everyone. I don't do loud and noisy (it physically hurts), and I HATE crowds with a passion. Th e quickest way to make Naiad light out like a bat outta hell is to put her in the middle of a large, noisy crowd like a football game or a club. Those things are pure hell for me.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I wasn't a sorostitute and had no desire to be one. THe closest I came to that was trying my damnedest for Chi Ep (civil engineering honor frat, never had a shot) and tau beta pi (engineering honor frat, never had a shot there either.) Ive had people tell me I missed out on a lot by not going to football games, going out for being a sorostitute, and not going out drinking with everyone. I don't do loud and noisy (it physically hurts), and I HATE crowds with a passion. Th e quickest way to make Naiad light out like a bat outta hell is to put her in the middle of a large, noisy crowd like a football game or a club. Those things are pure hell for me.
    My wife, then girlfriend, was a cheerleader, so I went to almost all of the football games. I enjoyed it, but I went by myself usually (her dad went with me sometimes, he's a big fan of the football team, win/win for him). Sorostitue, I like that word.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    PART FOUR: It was our mutual friend Fruity Fairy who brought us together again. She lived out-of-state, but after graduation and a summer at home, realized that she wanted to come back. Having kept up with Lady Friend in the intervening years, she rented a room from Lady Friend’s mother while she got her feet under her. ‘Getting her feet under her’ consisted of shopping and role-playing and calling Gay Panda to ask if I wanted to drive over and go out for lunch. Lady Friend no longer lived with her mother but was visiting the house with friends to hang out at the pool. I didn’t know the other people and only vaguely remembered Lady Friend, so I did not go out to the pool and (re)introduce myself. Instead we waved in passing before I left with Fruity Fairy to hear about the gnomes who called her parents’ backyard home.

For weeks, hanging out with Fruity Fairy brought me into sporadic contact with Lady Friend. She was a steady point of sanity under that umbrella of Fruity Fairy’s fruity friends, and one day she called to invite me to a writer’s group that she was forming. I accepted, and drove over to the group days later. Fruity Fairy could not attend, according to some previous engagement that may have just been a dire horoscope for the day, and only four of us made it in total. We exchanged stories on the grass of a school campus, abandoned for the summer. As we read each other’s work, a razor thin cat wandered up to our group and meowed. He was hungry but we had no food. The cat had a forgiving nature and rested in the grass next to us to enjoy petting and company. In time he strolled away, and we looked up at a jingle.

The cat was licking himself in the sunlight, and a man across the grass had just taken the leash off his dog. Then he said with glee, “Get the kitty.”
    The four of us stared in horror as the dog barked wildly and chased the cat away, the man laughing and calling the dog back to walk off. I was speechless (who does that?) and our writing group continued with some damper over it. Half an hour later as we were concluding for the day, we heard the scrape and roll of skateboards. Three boys burst onto campus, the one in the lead shouting, “Get the kitty!”

That poor cat had come back and was now running again as those young teenaged twerps tried to mow him down. Lady Friend strode over in a fiery temper. They laughed and rode away. She scooped up the thin, terrified creature and said, “I guess I have a cat.” Since she had the cat, I picked up her things, and followed to her car. We drove to a pet store and she bought everything a cat needs while I waited in the car with the cat in my lap. When she came back with a box of food, I fumbled with the cardboard top. Before I could get it all the way open, the cat stuffed his entire head into the box and gobbled. Lady Friend drove to her place while I held the cat and the rapidly depleting box of food, and we ended up talking until three in the morning while the cat slept in a stunned and fulfilled peace.

So this is how I met Lady Friend, over and over again until it stuck.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    the college i'm attending now as a non-traditional student is a small school filled almost entirely with geeks. i think it would be a lot of fun to have that dorm, football games, whatever experience, but my time for that has long passed.

awww...poor kitty. i'm glad she found lady friend, and that you did as well.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 05-31-2012 at 08:11 AM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    What a sweet ending to a great story! Thank you GP for sharing with us!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    That is a fantastic story!

I'm glad I did the dorm thing for three semesters- and I'm very glad I moved in with a friend off campus after that. My first roommate was a cheerleader because the school didn't have a dance squad and it was as close as she could get. She spent the year watching her soaps and playing . . . ah . . . one of those online roleplaying games. The second one- one semester only- was a born and bred cheerleader. As in, generations of her family. Very nice, but she always travelled in a pack and frequently the pack would decend on the room after midnight. When I had to be at the barn at 7 am to shovel shit the next morning. On the other hand, she did introduce me to the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack, for which I thank her.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula