Page 297 of 715 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 7149

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 297

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Oh dear, I'll have to find some way to make that XXX-rated woman more of a G- to PG-rating for this journal.
    Colorful innuendo... you're a pro at this, so NO problem.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Eye of the Storm's awful little yappy dog Shelob bit Poo Hurler!!!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member

Ummm, I'm afraid for any repercussions the poor Shelob might face, besides the nasty taste she is undoubtedly already trying in vain to remove from her tongue, but Poo Hurler getting bitten is a bit of a lark!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member

lolol
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    When you described the cafeteria and your dorm room I kept thinking the horror! Was there no sanctuary for you? I couldn't have handled it. Can't imagine my son in that situation either.
    Midway through the first semester, Religious, Slob, and I had a falling-out. I couldn't take the incredible mess or the proselytizing and I was growing very depressed from family issues and the round-the-clock stimuli that I could not escape. Anyway, the falling-out led to us being broken apart by the RA, and I landed in a single. *whew*

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Midway through the first semester, Religious, Slob, and I had a falling-out. I couldn't take the incredible mess or the proselytizing and I was growing very depressed from family issues and the round-the-clock stimuli that I could not escape. Anyway, the falling-out led to us being broken apart by the RA, and I landed in a single. *whew*
    I lived in a double room with only myself for the last two years of my dorm life. It was utter bliss.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

PART THREE: College creative writing! I was thrilled. One is not born knowing how to write a book, and until then all I’d mastered was short stories and novellas. This teacher had written books, not my genres but still, actual books, and so she was a master of the art. I was desperate to learn her wisdom. Maybe by the end of the semester, I’d have my very own book written. Creative writing was not a major in my college, nor was it taken seriously by anyone as an elective, but I enrolled in the class in a passion of excitement and preemptive dedication.

On the first day of the semester, I waded impatiently through my morning of drudgery in science and music, the craziness of the cafeteria, and then I flew across campus on the wings of joy. Students waited in the hall. As the clock approached three, a sour-faced, bushy-haired woman in her fifties approached with an armload of books and opened the door. I took a desk and readied my pen and paper for knowledge. BANG went those books on the teacher’s desk, and the woman perched on the edge to survey us in dissatisfaction. We shifted in our seats uncomfortably as she turned from sour to angry at every opening of the classroom door. Lady Friend had also signed up for this class, taking a seat across from me.

The clock hit three and the teacher hissed, “We are over-enrolled for this class.”
    We stared at her silently, taken aback by the rage in her eyes.
    “I am only supposed to have fifteen students!” she spat.
    Heads turned as we counted. There were sixteen of us, and the door admitted one more. Okay, seventeen. From the amount of heat in her voice, I’d expected forty. She proceeded to have a tantrum right there before us. How was she supposed to teach with so many students? It detracted from the experience. It meant less individual attention. She’d told the registrar to cap it at fifteen and look! SEVENTEEN STUDENTS! Fresh from a high school where every class was packed to the brim with 35+ students, in which there were more kids than desks and teachers scrambled to find chairs and textbooks, I had no sympathy. The door swung open again and an eighteenth student entered, the teacher exploding at the poor girl, “WE’RE FULL!”

With grievance she read the syllabus, and I saw with disappointment an emphasis on poetry, poetry forms, and very dry theory. I’d never thought anything to do with creative writing could bore me, but by our break at the midpoint of that first class, I was nearly in a coma. She reiterated her unhappiness all through the hour, seventeen instead of fifteen and how unfair this was to her. To us! But mostly to her! Unwilling to spend a semester writing poetry and looking at that sour face, I sadly packed up my belongings at the break and wondered if I dared to just leave while the teacher was in the can. Students stretched their legs in the hall and visited the water fountain. Somehow Lady Friend and I ended up together out there as I debated what to do. Seeing my backpack, she asked if I intended to drop.

“I think so,” I said. “She’s so angry.”
    “I think I’m going to stay,” Lady Friend said. That was how we parted, me going to the stairs to split* and she returning to the classroom. We did not see each other again for almost four years.
    Last edited by Gay Panda; 05-31-2012 at 08:44 AM.

I stayed one night in a dorm during pre-registration, it was a double. Between the weird guy they roomed me with and the big bathroom used by the whole floor, I said this stuff ain't for me. I'm too private of a person for all that. Luckily, I went to school close to home.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, the shared bathroom was a drag.

As were the fire alarms as the bars closed... 12 floors down and then 12 floors up. Not a fun thing to do at 2 am...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I lived in a double room with only myself for the last two years of my dorm life. It was utter bliss.
    My first year, I landed with a sports medicine major. While we weren't friends, we adapted to the 10x10 room fairly easily.
    My second roommate wasn't there. She bought a dorm room and lived with her parents in town. Never got that one, but hey, I got a single for a double price.
    My third one was a bit kooky (Wiccan because she was rebelling, bi and engaged because it was convenient, metal arts major who woudn't know the right end of a welding torch), but livable until she grabbed my ass while I was brushing my teeth. I made no bones abt that before she moved in: she could hit on anyone she wanted, so long as she wasn't hitting on me or anyone I was dating. THe instant she grabbed my ass, I essentially did all I could to lay down firmer rules and tell her that the friendship was OVER, because I knew the RAs wouldn't do anything abt it for the 2 months of the semester/ year we had left.
    After that, I moved the fark out of the dorms.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome