Page 29 of 717 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129529 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 29

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newlifejourney View Post
    I believe I found your word!
    I was curious so I went to check. I will not reveal my findings but will leave it to others who may also have nothing else productive to do this Friday night.
    I joined you in having nothing else productive to do on Friday night, and sacrificed an IQ point to several episodes of Glee.

Oh, the words that English borrowed from French, and that French corrupted from Latin. I just spent several minutes reading debates on that word, since there is still no agreement after all these years on exactly how to spell it correctly. (There is general consensus on the noun form, but not when it is used as an adjective.)

And since I have nothing productive to do on my Saturday morning, I will continue letting Glee siphon away my intelligence. Love the music, but sometimes the poorly told stories slaughter me.

Good catch, newlifejourney!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PixieKitten View Post
    I'm just slightly boggled at the fact that I'm in bed at 10 every night while my mum is posting embarrassing things about me on the internet at one in the morning. Sh..Shouldn't this be the other way around? O.O
    The world is a topsy-turvy place, PixieKitten. You two made me laugh.

Earlier this evening, I had cravings.

This is unusual for me. Longing for certain foods is not a topic that you will find often in the pages of Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS, the reason being that I am not tormented by cravings. I remember former foods with affection, but they do not parade about in my mind blocking the view of the rib eye. I don’t keep chocolate-covered pretzels and soda in the house, just to help myself out, but the few treats in the pantry live out their days fairly unmolested. There are many things in life that Gay Panda deeply, deeply craves, but food just does not rank high on the list.

So why, this evening, was I thinking resentfully of soda and chocolate-covered pretzels, hot rolls and cake? I was reading articles and success stories at MDA, clicking away to read the news and celebrity gossip, and my feelings charts were degenerating from happy faces to sour faces. I wanted a cold Coke and a bag of pretzels and ice cream cake and I can’t have any of these things. I’ve been denying myself for months. Most days it doesn’t feel like denial, but this evening it did, and I was pissed.

But Gay Panda is, above all, an INTJ. And since I had no intention of going to the store for bagels in my Giant Jammie Pants, nor intend to change, I’ve had to sit here grumpy at my laptop thinking back over the day to what triggered this savage want of carbohydrates. I have come to two conclusions:

A: There was a sale on raspberries at Whole Foods, so I bought two containers. They go bad quickly, so I had one container yesterday, and one today. I usually do not have fruit two days in a row.

B: I may have inadvertently been under-eating. Gay Panda’s hormonal signaling is wonky ever since those forsaken pills. I don’t always know when I’m hungry. I don’t always know when I’m full. I can IF (unintentionally) for 18 hours, completely indifferent to food for 16 hours, a little grumpy for the 17th, and finally my stomach yells, “Umm . . . hellllllOOOOOO!” in the 18th. Maybe this sour mood and growing funk were from hunger, even if it didn’t register in my stomach.

C: Both.

I’ve eaten walnuts and cheese and salami just now, and I’m going to drink some heavy cream when I get up next to put the chickens away. The cravings have downgraded from Category 5 strength to a tropical depression with the snacks, but I still haven’t returned to good spirits. Maybe the heavy cream will do it, and I can go back to circling happy faces on my feelings charts. Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    The panda costume would muffle my voice.
    But not the message!

Also I know your gender, methinks. But I won't share and I won't care. I promise!

I am in the same boat today Panda. Grumpy because I had a stressful day at school yesterday and now I might have to drop one of my classes (not by my own choice) which means I will be in school 6 months longer than I had planned. I have never been one to just go with the flow and be fine with it. Change bothers me and stresses me, and normally this would be the time when I would drown my sorrows in muffins and coke. I don't want to do that any longer as I am better off without those things.

As for the fruit, I find I do better if I don't go too crazy with it too. That might be what has triggered your cravings today. I hope you return to circling happy faces on feelings charts tomorrow.

primaLeaf is offline Senior Member
    Fellow INTJ checking in! Two gay masterminds on one forum... look out, the agenda is coming!

Quote Originally Posted by primaLeaf View Post
    Fellow INTJ checking in! Two gay masterminds on one forum... look out, the agenda is coming!
    Today's Gay Panda Gay Agenda:

A: Masterminding bacon (completed)
    B: Masterminding Netflix (in progress)
    C: Masterminding takeover of world (procrastinating)

Hello, other primal INTJ!!!

Quote Originally Posted by newlifejourney View Post
    I am in the same boat today Panda. Grumpy because I had a stressful day at school yesterday and now I might have to drop one of my classes (not by my own choice) which means I will be in school 6 months longer than I had planned. I have never been one to just go with the flow and be fine with it. Change bothers me and stresses me, and normally this would be the time when I would drown my sorrows in muffins and coke. I don't want to do that any longer as I am better off without those things.

As for the fruit, I find I do better if I don't go too crazy with it too. That might be what has triggered your cravings today. I hope you return to circling happy faces on feelings charts tomorrow.
    Down with grumpy moods! I hope that you do not have to drop your class (bad teacher? time conflict?)

My mood of last night slowly lifted after drinking some heavy cream. Placebo effect or not, I'm just glad that it went away. I had no idea that I was capable of such powerful cravings! But fortunately, I am also capable of tremendous laziness, which kept me from driving to Trader Joe's for a bag of chocolate-covered pretzels.

anjelevil is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    But fortunately, I am also capable of tremendous laziness, which kept me from driving to Trader Joe's
    Happy Days for laziness..not something we normally celebrate but here it's fantastic!