Page 234 of 699 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 6989

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 234

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    BECOMING MAGICAL: AN IODINE STORY
    Week Five

Curiosity is a dangerous affliction. Finding Week Four to be very dull indeed, I upped my dose again. The results were good, bad, and hairy, which I will list below:

The Good:
    The emotional variability vanished. I didn’t spend my days with a smiley emoticon plastered over my face, but the up-down-up-down swings of the last weeks went POOF. The sedation/intoxication effect lessened. I am not more energetic, but I am a little more awake. Also, I am still sleeping like a champion at night. (A champion by my admittedly low standards, but I’ll take it.)

Also mildly alleviated is a Personal Health Issue that I can’t name because it would end once and for all the question mark over whether Gay Panda is a Gay Gentleman Panda or a Gay Lady Panda. Lady Friend was very snide about it yesterday, crowing, “I know the answer!” She also knows the identity of the famous actor Jack Kass from Spiffy Slides, just to rub it in. But if we ever find ourselves together, Reader, you will know who Jack Kass is as well. Just keep placing margaritas in front of me, and usually by the fourth one I’ll confess anything right before I giggle and pass out. You will also know the answer to my Lady or Gentleman nature, because it is obvious. Two readers picked through this whole journal to find the lone gender-specific spelling of a word I deliberately placed as a reveal and are confident they know.

The Bad:
    Weight gain came upon me quite suddenly, and I am not going to write the number because I am still too shocked about it. Yah! Let us just say that I weigh Q. I have been doing salt flushes usually as a response to my temper degrading, but my temper was fine all week and so I didn’t. Now I am going to make them part of the normal morning routine. My local store does not sell Celtic Sea Salt so I had to order it online, and it arrived yesterday.

Back to Q! Well, let’s not dwell on it. No one but Lady Friend, Harry Potter chickens, imaginary fairies, and a few friends ever see me anyway.

The Hairy:
    Am I losing more hair than normal? I can’t decide. Obviously I can’t be losing that much or I wouldn’t be waffling. My cowlick has taken on new life and refuses to be flattened. This was adorable when I was four years old, but not so much as an adult. I tried in vain to squash it down yesterday before I went to Whole Foods, and then I wondered who I was trying to impress.

Lady Friend update:
    After reading last week’s entry, she wanted me to elaborate upon her experience with iodine. She feels that she has been more fatigued than usual, not a great amount, but still present. Her skin remains clear. Also, her brain fog has lifted and she no longer thinks that she has to struggle after words in a conversation or pay attention. I said that it seemed like she was still forgetting things I’d told her, and she said the difference was that she hadn’t been paying attention to me in the first place. SNAP!!!

Oh yeah, Lady Friend? Well, let’s see how you like this Jedi Zap.

PANDA RULES.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    I'll just leave this right here.

Cakespy: Cadbury Creme Deviled Eggs | Serious Eats : Recipes

(I eat one Cadbury creme egg a year. No more, no less. They're like a bad boyfriend. I can't explain the attraction. I just...can't.)
    GACK! ......Sugar Coma
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    OMG Panda! I gained 6 lbs in the last 2 days. And I am leaving furballs in the drain. Took a break from iodine today, but I am honestly not sure what to do tomorrow. I am wearing my emergency size 16s.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I am wearing my emergency size 16s.
    THAT's what I'm going to file my 18s under when I get out of them. Again. That's awesome!

(not that you're in them- what you call them- just to be clear)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Slightly tempted to go back and hunt for that word... You've alluded to it before, but I'm not THAT bored (not that your writing is boring, but I don't care to slough through everyone else's comments for yours and hunting for a particular word in things I've read before).

I'm very intrigued by this iodine gig. Clear thinking is something I would love to have. An attention span, also. I am better, since cutting out added/processed sugars, about noticing when I'm zoning out, but it still happens more than I think it should. I might try out some kelp tablets when my budget allows.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    OMG Panda! I gained 6 lbs in the last 2 days. And I am leaving furballs in the drain. Took a break from iodine today, but I am honestly not sure what to do tomorrow. I am wearing my emergency size 16s.
    !!! WOW. Mine isn't as fast as that! I've gone up three pounds in the last week, and the 4-5 pounds from the month before. And this is with pulse-dosing and not taking it at all on the weekends. I'm not sure what to do either, because I feel better on this higher dose than I did on the lower one. The only problem is the gain. I'm sleeping better, most of the time I'm warmer, no longer am I dozing all day, and today I even thought that a half hour walk on the Primal Treadmill might be doable. But the scale gain! BLEH!!! How are you feeling otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Nooooooo. *digs nails in* you cant make me...
    That cracked me up.

Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    ZOMG, that's beautiful!!! NOMNOMNOM.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I'm very intrigued by this iodine gig. Clear thinking is something I would love to have. An attention span, also. I am better, since cutting out added/processed sugars, about noticing when I'm zoning out, but it still happens more than I think it should. I might try out some kelp tablets when my budget allows.
    I'm excited for Lady Friend's improvement on the brain fog front. People were saying that Brain Fog is a natural part of getting older, but she's in her thirties, for Valhalla's sake. Should she really be having a problem with that yet?

Now if I could just get my attention span bac--- SQUIRREL!!!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Slightly tempted to go back and hunt for that word... You've alluded to it before, but I'm not THAT bored (not that your writing is boring, but I don't care to slough through everyone else's comments for yours and hunting for a particular word in things I've read before).

I take Kelp capsules. I think they're like $10 for a 100 ct bottle. Not real bad considering what it is...

Anyhow, yesterday I was exhausted... didn't take the kelp b/c I was scared... don't remember why i was scared to take them... today I took them and I'm wide awake (no dozing at my desk! YAY!) and I feel more alert. I knocked out a 6 page paper on collaboration in conflict in 2 hours... that's unheard of!

could be the kelp... or it could be the dark chocolate...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)