Page 221 of 703 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 7028

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 221

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    have you tried l-tyrosine in the morning on an empty stomach? Apparently catecholamine depletion gives you that blah, unfocused feeling. Jane Ross's "Mood Cure" is pretty interesting.
    I will have to hunt that book down! I saw the l-tyrosine at Whole Foods today but the price made me .

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I was just reading over your blog. I don't have a church, but I'll open the doors for you any time man. BTW blue is by far the superior color given any options.
    Thank you, canio6. And blue is the best! (Well, not the pastel.)

Quote Originally Posted by lopisheep View Post
    I hope Mother Panda has adjusted.

OK, Gay Panda, I want to know if you are caring for all those sheep while Lady Friend is away.
    No, they are all at her work under the care of her assistants! So far it's been a good season; they've only lost one lamb when the ewe SAT ON IT. Fail fail fail.

And no, Mother Panda never adjusted. I received a lecture on how I was denying the opposite sex their right to my body. After staring at her with a face, I explained that no one has a right to anyone's body. It went downhill from there, with her threatening to sue my college for turning me gay. This led to more face and I informed her that I would not testify for the prosecution. It's never gotten any better over the years.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Oh Panda, if only you could have gone to art school in the Bay Area, you wouldn't have felt to so isolated!

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    And blue is the best! (Well, not the pastel.)
    what is pastel? <--- confused straight dude face.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Panda, that makes my heart hurt. I remember how much my brother struggled with coming out. Some of our family have never accepted it.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Definitely check out The Mood Cure! I take 5-HTP at night to help me sleep and for depression, and L-Tyrosine in the morning to help with focus. If you've ever tried ADD/ADHD meds, it works much better than that. No side effects, and better focus. Vitacost.com and vitaminshoppe.com have both for more reasonable prices.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    And no, Mother Panda never adjusted. I received a lecture on how I was denying the opposite sex their right to my body. After staring at her with a face, I explained that no one has a right to anyone's body. It went downhill from there, with her threatening to sue my college for turning me gay. This led to more face and I informed her that I would not testify for the prosecution. It's never gotten any better over the years.
    Gay Panda, I hate to break it to you. There's no way you're the black sheep in that family. You're the goat. There couldn't possibly be any genetic sharing between you and them. I refuse to believe it!

The right to your body. Yeesh.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    No, they are all at her work under the care of her assistants! So far it's been a good season; they've only lost one lamb when the ewe SAT ON IT. Fail fail fail.

Oh, no. Sitting on your own lamb. Not fun. Poor mother too.

Well, agreeing with everyone else, no one has any right to your body. In this instance, Gay Panda's body is Gay Panda's unless Gay Panda chooses otherwise! Wow! Your college, eh? It would be amusing if she hadn't been serious.

Oh, wow! I take it she and Lady Friend aren't best friends. Well, you can take it from most of us here -- not big on numbers, but I think 80,000+ have been on here, that you are the white sheep of the family in that sense of the saying. Personally, I love every color of sheep and human and horse and goat, and I love black sheep. They're often the most fabulous of all. Man, I think she'd feel so lucky to have you as her Gay Panda. I know I would be.

What is it with mother's? They supposedly bring their children up to be their own individual human beings but don't ever want to lose control of that human being. I always thought it fun when my itsies grew bigger and became independent with their own ideas, genders, sexualities, ways of life, etc. Yeah, they threw me for loops sometimes, but they are every one utterly cool humans traveling their own roads.

So, total support in everything from this sheep (also the black sheep of the family).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Good Panda-
    I was raised that those different from us were different, and somehow lesser, but not evil or godforsaken or any of that. I knew I was straight before I knew what gay was. The idea of lusting after or even play kissing with the same gender as foreign and off putting. I knew a guy in HS whose story was similar to yours. My littlest sister is bi, everyone gets a chance. I'm also the only person in the family she's told.
    I am not the black sheep. For right now, I'm the successful one, the engineer, the married one, and why haven't I popped out any spawn for them to lavish over. I am not the black sheep. I am the one that talked my mother back from the brink because I was the only one she'd allow near her, because she didn't trust my father, my middle sister was off in her own little world, my youngest sister was too young, and her best friend thought she was gay (shame of shames, to her mind, which is why Pat hasn't told anyone but me.)
    I am the normal one, or as normal as things get in my family. I am the normal one in a family of black sheep. Does that make me the black sheep? My father failed out of engineering, the first firstborn to do that in 3 generations. My mother... my mother is her own special kind of black sheep. My middle sister went to jail for a crime she didn't commit. My youngest sister is bi. My only abnormality is that I'm going to hell for not being Christian and marrying another heathen.
    Ignore all that, I guess, I was just trying to muddle through my own head what being normal and black sheep and rejected for who you are meant. I will note that I would've opened the church doors for you, I would've helped you open that space-time rift, and I likely would've been the one that called the ambulance. Escape is not the answer, but sometimes, it seems the only choice. I wish I could show you the scar I gave myself during my own night with the knife. I wish a million and one things, but most of all, I wish you to be happy, as yourself, as EVERYTHING you are. Normal is a setting on the washing machine.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome