Page 185 of 704 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285685 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 7031

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 185

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Lady Friend!!! I skanked the post you put on the lightly-traveled Research forum and slapped it up here.

"I am fighting with my Kaiser doctor to get more tests since I am NOT losing weight, even with a strict low-carb diet for the last year - I have not lost ANY weight in the last five months. She is telling me to exercise more! (For those who know me, they know I farm for a living and am VERY active. Plus I do Pilates, half hour of PT every morning and get on the treadmill if I have an "office" day at work. I keep telling her that to no avail.) Sigh.

Maybe I'm shooting myself in the foot, but in response to her saying my "bad cholesterol is high," I am arguing about how my low triglycerides are good and did they test for the dense LDL or just count all of it? I'm wondering - has anyone had any luck with getting a Kaiser doc to listen to them and get help?

As I mentioned, I am having trouble losing weight and I think it might be thyroid related - but my T4/TSH are normal. I'm trying to get her to test for T3 and I'd really like an appointment with endo. I was also a vegetarian for 20 years (what the hell was I thinking?!?) and am allergic to ALL aquatic life, so there is no fish in my diet. I'm wondering if my iodine levels might be low and causing thyroid issues . . ."

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Can't Lady Friend go to another doctor? I finally called the naturopath and said, "I want a thyroid panel". It turned out my doctor has moved to Oregon, but her replacement went ahead and ordered one for me.
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Dearest Panda,

I beg of you to take a modicum of care with how you bandy about such terms as "flap meat".

I have no idea what that term means in the US of A, but in a large part of the remainder of the English-speaking world it has certain other connotations. Connotations which you may not wish others to associate with you and your butcher and your freezer.

Good luck with your kitchen experiment.

<Eww>
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

spughy is online now Senior Member
    Love the Loaf story.

I just got back from a week of helping my mom downsize into a condo, from the 2500 sq ft house she's lived in for the past 35 years. Amongst the many treasures, I found a box of asbestos (actual fluffy asbestos. It was a sample box from a mining company and my mom tried to convince me there was nothing weird about that) and, in the cold room (always a fun place to explore) there was the old .22 I thought forever gone (yay!) and some home-canned moose stew labeled - and I kid you not - 1989. "I'm sure it's still good," my mom said. I didn't test it.

It is good to be back in civilization where I have an actual computer to type on instead of just a phone. I'm all caught up on the saga of Gay Panda now and it feels like life is returning to normal.

My pampered pets have told me that they are not willing to share their food with Windows Vista, unfortunately, but lucky for you she's likely to be detained indefinitely at the border. Canadian border guards are sticky about documentation but they'll probably feed her well.

Lady Friend is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    Can't Lady Friend go to another doctor? I finally called the naturopath and said, "I want a thyroid panel". It turned out my doctor has moved to Oregon, but her replacement went ahead and ordered one for me.
    She actually ended up referring me to endo. I think she's actually trying to help but is just confused as to what the problem could possibly be what with my blood tests coming back all "normal" looking and such. I'll try to post some of the back and forth here if y'all are interested?

Lady Friend is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Did you find that on Jezebel or just through surfing?
    Felicia Day posted it on her Twitter feed. She and Wil Wheaton always find the bestest stuff!
    Last edited by Lady Friend; 03-07-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: damn fingers!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    I beg of you to take a modicum of care with how you bandy about such terms as "flap meat".

I have no idea what that term means in the US of A, but in a large part of the remainder of the English-speaking world it has certain other connotations.

SIGI!!! I expect such smut out of people like bloodorchid, who speaks openly and shamelessly about boobs in her journal (yes, BOOBS!) but not from you! I don't know just what kind of place you call home, but here in America, the majority of our population is defined by its chastity and wholesomeness. That is why everything out of Hollywood is rated G, and why our Ken dolls are sold featureless below the waist, as Valhalla intended. Some of my readers are very young and impressionable, and I'm afraid you've just given them quite a shock.

Flap meat is an innocent term for a thin cut of beef from the bottom sirloin, according to Wikipedia. Nothing more than that, and I shudder to think of what it means to you. Today I am proud to be a citizen of this great Puritan country, which eradicated its last vestiges of impropriety in 1952, and has been the world's shining beacon of dignified civilization ever since. Perhaps we can guide YOU into saying no to humanity's perversions as we have so successfully done, and you can step into a most brilliant future at our side.

Love (but not in THAT way),
    Gay Panda

@demuralist - I LOVED the ugly golf shoes story!!!

@namelesswonder - careful, duckling, I may be your virtual fairy godMOTHER instead of godfather.

Children, you have no idea how I had to strain to figure out the first letter of the image verification before posting. Is everyone else having to do this? How annoying!

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    yes and it is not stopping those cursed spambots, just a PITA for everyone else.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    smut dealer, am i?! *sputters*

well..

you ever get a craving for big ole handfuls of flap meat? and chicken boobs covered in gravy?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!