Page 182 of 703 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282682 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 7028

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 182

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The puppets were too creepy. I loved it when he visited factories and farms. And sang. I still love hearing 'real people' sing, bumps and all.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    The puppets were too creepy. I loved it when he visited factories and farms. And sang. I still love hearing 'real people' sing, bumps and all.
    Two of of my favorite episodes point to who I am today: the one where he teaches some basic recipes, and the bridge episode.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    In honor of Mr. Rogers, for a 10th grade history project I dressed up in a green cardigan, threw my shoe, and performed the French Revolution with puppets before my teacher Mr. Pervert and three dozen horrified students.

No, Young Gay Panda was not cool.

Come to think of it, it was my lefty grandfather that pointed out that Mr. Rogers was a lefty too, just like us. Where I heard of his death, I dug out the only cardigan I owned at that point (a god awful handkint olive and orange monstrosity made by my granny) and wore to school that day, in honor of him. So did half my school (I went to a school for freaks, geeks, and nerds, what can I say?)

eta: Upon further research, grampa lied to me! Mr. Rogers isn't a lefty. My childhood memories... ruined. Just like Sad Kermit and any number of other things that disabused me of my happy tv memories growing up.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 03-05-2012 at 12:41 PM.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    In honor of Mr. Rogers, for a 10th grade history project I dressed up in a green cardigan, threw my shoe, and performed the French Revolution with puppets before my teacher Mr. Pervert and three dozen horrified students.

No, Young Gay Panda was not cool.
    I would have thought Young Gay Panda was awesome for doing so, but I went to a fine and performing arts high school filled with geeky, artsy nerds who did things like play Mission Impossible with finger "guns" through the downtown shopping malls and did the Monkees walk down the school hallways while singing the Imperial March.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I would have thought Young Gay Panda was awesome for doing so, but I went to a fine and performing arts high school filled with geeky, artsy nerds who did things like play Mission Impossible with finger "guns" through the downtown shopping malls and did the Monkees walk down the school hallways while singing the Imperial March.
    Did you ever live in TX? Because you could easily be describing my HS. It was a school for freaks, geeks, and nerds. We had no football team, but our robotics and CS teams would kick your ass with an ass kicking battle bot or an ass- kicking virus.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Did you ever live in TX? Because you could easily be describing my HS. It was a school for freaks, geeks, and nerds. We had no football team, but our robotics and CS teams would kick your ass with an ass kicking battle bot or an ass- kicking virus.
    Nope, although Alberta does strongly resemble Texas in some ways, I most definitely grew up north of the 49th parallel. My school was more arts oriented but had a similar style of completely outside the norm behaviour on the part of the student population (and most of the teachers too).
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Lady Friend is offline Senior Member
    Where was that nerd/geek/freak high school for me when I needed it! Owly and naiadknight, you were so lucky!

Oh, if only we'd had a robotics team at my HS . . .

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    I hate your doctor, Lady Friend.

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Owly - Did you go to Vic? We just applied for my eldest daughter to go there. She's currently having problems "fitting in" at her current school, even her friends are distancing themselves from her a bit. They don't like her hair colour, nose-piercing, etc.

Sorry folks - carry on.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!