Page 180 of 717 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280680 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 7164

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 180

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    When I was knocked out for my knee surgery, the nurses laughed at me when I woke up. Apparently they'd never seen anyone wake up smiling. Well they hadn't seen what the ceiling had just been doing- it was pretty cool.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Lady Friend is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    When I was knocked out for my knee surgery, the nurses laughed at me when I woke up. Apparently they'd never seen anyone wake up smiling. Well they hadn't seen what the ceiling had just been doing- it was pretty cool.
    That's funny! I woke up puking from both my knee surgeries. Yuck.

After my second surgery, the surgeon came in and spoke to me before I had puked - I have no memory of it to this day. So, after my spin with the bucket and resumption of consciousness, I had to make them send him back - reminding the nurses that I have to *puke* before I'm really awake.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    So glad the dentist is over, Panda. Was it the kind of trip where you will be eating regularly soon, or are you going liquid for a few days?

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    So glad the dentist is over, Panda. Was it the kind of trip where you will be eating regularly soon, or are you going liquid for a few days?
    Oh no, I was eating regular food right away. I had an absolutely terrible orthodontist as a cub, one who was so incompetent that he collapsed the teeth inward on my lower jaw. I had braces for eight years, partly due to this. If I didn't get nitrous as an adult even for regular cleanings, I would never let anyone near my teeth again.

I'm so glad that it's over too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    Griff has written a multi-part article on how to interpret blood work somewhere here in the MDA forums....... or maybe it's just cholesterol
    Thank you! I'll go hunting for it.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Thyroid and cholesterol, I could help with. I could vaguely help with the rest after years of reinterpreting mine after idiot docs fail me.
    Thank you, naiadknight! The reason she's having it done is because her body refuses to lose weight. It. Just. Refuses. She eats well and has a very active job, and yet it makes no impact. So she is curious if there is some hormonal issue blocking her.

Her TSH is 2.60. The lab says it is normal between the range of 0.1-5.5.
    Her free T4 is 1.2.
    Fasting glucose is 99.

I find so much conflicting information on the Internet about thyroid and I'm not a professional, but SOMETHING is going within Lady Friend's biochemistry and the endocrinologists in her health plan refuse to see people with weight issues.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Thank you, naiadknight! The reason she's having it done is because her body refuses to lose weight. It. Just. Refuses. She eats well and has a very active job, and yet it makes no impact. So she is curious if there is some hormonal issue blocking her.

Her TSH is 2.60. The lab says it is normal between the range of 0.1-5.5.
    Her free T4 is 1.2.
    Fasting glucose is 99.

I find so much conflicting information on the Internet about thyroid and I'm not a professional, but SOMETHING is going within Lady Friend's biochemistry and the endocrinologists in her health plan refuse to see people with weight issues.
    TSH is high. You want that as close to 1 as possible.
    T4 is low. Have her get her RT3 and FT3 checked.g to
    Given those stats: Is she cold all the time? Brittle nails? Scaly skin that doesn't respond to lotion? Feels like there a fog in her mind, making it hard to think or concentrate? Skin wildly bouncy between greasy and dry? any other hypothyroidism symtpoms?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Just read "Grayscale" and really enjoyed it. However, you are a Very Naughty Panda for making it free *after* I'd already bought it!

<shakes furry little fist in direction of Magical Bamboo Forest>

But s'okay, because it was totally worth it.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Adarsya is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Sorry for hijacking, Fellow Tribe Members, but I wanted to respond to this. There are two things I recommend in this particular case: 1 - try not telling DH (Darling Husband) for a while and see if sabotage occurs and 2 - Once you read the book and know the reason why you don't want to eat that crap, you'll be more able to resist it. I used to drink a HUGE slurpee everyday and now I very rarely ever think of them.

Okay everyone, carry on . . .
    Just wanted to say...

Thanks for the suggestions Griffin! The reason I told DH is because he does at least half of the cooking. He's way better at it than I am, he's even done it for a living in the past. So I told him because I was asking him to use the coconut oil instead of canola/vegetable. He's been underweight most of his life so its hard for him to understand my side of it but he is trying.
    I'm on the waiting list for the book at the library. It'll be at least 4 more weeks til I get to the top of the list so I think I may have to order it tomorrow. I have lost a couple of pounds since I've been working on eating primal. It's way past bed time so I hope this makes sense.
    And sorry for hijacking the thread once more ^^

Lady Friend is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Just read "Grayscale" and really enjoyed it. However, you are a Very Naughty Panda for making it free *after* I'd already bought it!

<shakes furry little fist in direction of Magical Bamboo Forest>

But s'okay, because it was totally worth it.
    :::Lady Friend puts on tech support hat:::

Oh, no, Sigi! It looks like you should have had the free promotion but Amazon has some lag time as to when the promotion period is applied. For example, Grayscale is *still* listed as free today even though we told 'em to stop at midnight last night. Maybe that's because Amazon doesn't understand "Magical Bamboo Forest Standard Time?"

:::takes off tech hat::: Panda wants to send you a dollar or maybe a Cadbury egg to make up for it.