Page 176 of 717 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276676 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 7164

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 176

Lady Friend is offline Senior Member
    So, tomorrow is Tuesday. And what does Tuesday mean? That's right! Another chapter of The Dammerung materializes as a result of my awesome and magical tech prowess (and/or WordPress' awesome interface). Read Chapter Four.

p.s. the link will work once it goes live at midnight tonight!

Adarsya is offline Junior Member

Smile Joining the party late...

Wow! I just finished reading 176 pages of Magical Bamboo Forest goodness. Does that give me enough points for a keychain? For the record I'm a Taurus I started reading this thread days ago and have had Single Ladies or Put a Ring on It or whatever that horribly catchy song is called stuck in my head!!
    I found MDA a couple of days before I found your FABULOUS journal! I've been digging around on the website to see if I can figure things out but I'm waiting for the book now. I just do better with a hard copy. My challenge will be turning down my darling husband! Every time I tell him I'm going to try to lose weight he some how brings me home my favorite candy (kitkat), or bread (pan dulce!), or pepsi that I can't resist. I am so hopeful that once I go primal I will lose my taste for these things!
    You have had such wonderful progress! I hope mine goes as well as yours. I know what its like to look in the mirror and wonder where you went! I have had friends question if that is really me in my old skinny pics. I have to admit that hurts. I was a size 3 in highschool, I'm a size 18 now! I also had a problem with medications and rapid weight gain. But I'm going to go primal because it makes sense to me. I just wish there were more vegetables I like. I don't eat peppers or greens. I do adore cauliflower and broccoli so maybe I can squeeze by with those...
    I really enjoyed reading about PCK's adventures with benign poltergeist! I lost my dear boxer last year so you have my sympathy. I cried myself to sleep for about a week after she died. It was fast like PCK too. One day she was wrestling with our other dog, the next day she vomitted a bit, the next morning I took her to the vet and they gave us meds and IV fluids (they showed me how to do it because I couldn't afford to leave her there) and that evening after laying on my feet all day, she asked to go out...I had to carry her back in. There was a moment out in the snow when I just saw her leave. But I am glad I was with her. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Anyways, your journal with your fabulous clogs, lipstick jammies, and brushes with swine flu has been such an inspiration to me! I laughed, I cried, it moved me Panda.
    Also I read the first 3 chapters of your book today and can't wait to read more. I can't afford to buy it just yet so I will have something to look forward to on Tuesdays!
    I'm in desperate need of sleep so that's all for now, I know there was more I wanted to say...but thank you so much for your lovely journal!

Sigi - I think you mentioned a cat who jumped in a plate of curry? I once had a kitten jump into a plate of spaghetti! He did it on purpose and began to chow down like he hadn't eaten in days! It was his first night with us (a shelter kitteh). We named him Nathan Rahl (Sword of Truth series)

Also my absolute favorite fantasy books:
    The Farseer Trilogy and the Tawny Man Trilogy by Robin Hobb are 6 of my most beloved books. I enjoyed her writing so much I even hunted down her other works she wrote under a different name.
    Death Gate Cycle by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman (read this at least 5 times)
    Anything by C.S. Friedman!!!!
    Also I loved The Tripods Trilogy by John Christopher when I was a kid. A few years ago I bought it and read it again and it was just as good as I remembered!
    Last edited by Adarsya; 02-28-2012 at 12:12 AM. Reason: more to say ^^

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    If you require a side of YIKES to help you through your Monday morning, Lady Friend just posted the worst. dance. audition. EVER over on Pandaloonery. Because what isn't sexy about a man in gold pasties?
    Boo! Not allowed to watch from the Antipodes! Stupid copyright laws ...
    <stomps off, pouting>
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Friend View Post
    Another chapter of The Dammerung materializes as a result of my awesome and magical tech prowess (and/or WordPress' awesome interface). Read Chapter Four.
    You are a far greater wizard than I, Lady Friend. My new magical tech spell extends only to successfully posting a video of a man in gold pasties sucking a green lollipop and doing a bizarre dance. With rainbows flying out of his nipples.

Quote Originally Posted by Adarsya View Post
    Wow! I just finished reading 176 pages of Magical Bamboo Forest goodness. Does that give me enough points for a keychain?
    Hi Adarsya, thank you! You're not joining the party late - my weight loss goes so slowly that I'm going to be here for awhile yet. And yes, you get the keychain for reading all 176 pages. It is hard looking at those old pictures, isn't it? I ran into one of mine from high school over the weekend and could only think what the hell happened to me?! Oh, that's right. Prozac.

One of the things that helps when people bring me things I really shouldn't be eating is that now I recognize just how badly they make me feel. So that takes the luster out of them. Pizza looks great, yes, but it's not worth it. You might have something similar happen to you. I hope primal goes well for you and thanks for the book recommendations!

Windows Vista just wanted to make sure that everyone knows JUST HOW MUCH SHE HATES KIBBLE.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Given my distaste for her namesake, she can eat KIBBLE!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I GOT ONE OF THE SHORT STORY COVERS JUST NOW AND IT DOES NOT HAVE BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD!!!

However, I think that I should have their images Photoshopped into a copy of every book/short story cover and frame it just to immortalize that stupid dream. LADY FRIEND! I KNOW WHAT I WANT FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Windows Vista can send thoughts of envy to my kitty, Hercules, who has been benefiting from the dog's requirement for mushy food due to a tooth extraction. I have sunken to a depth of pet-pampering I never thought I'd reach, breaking out the meat grinder to create a custom raw food that the dog can eat and, not wanting to make the dog feel unduly superior to the cat, I've been doing a "kitty run" minus the veg as well. So Hercules now gets a twice-daily repast of ground up wee fishies, salmon, beef liver and lamb. He is very pleased with this, but as cats are wont to do, he now swears at me when it does not appear on HIS schedule. Prior to this he was forced to munch through bits of chicken neck and assorted organs mixed in with an egg. He ate this because there was nothing else, but he was not overly fond. He actually likes his kibble, because I shell out for the good all-meat kind, but he doesn't get it unless he reeeeeally needs it cause it's real spendy.

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Adarsya View Post
    My challenge will be turning down my darling husband! Every time I tell him I'm going to try to lose weight he some how brings me home my favorite candy (kitkat), or bread (pan dulce!), or pepsi that I can't resist. I am so hopeful that once I go primal I will lose my taste for these things!
    Sorry for hijacking, Fellow Tribe Members, but I wanted to respond to this. There are two things I recommend in this particular case: 1 - try not telling DH (Darling Husband) for a while and see if sabotage occurs and 2 - Once you read the book and know the reason why you don't want to eat that crap, you'll be more able to resist it. I used to drink a HUGE slurpee everyday and now I very rarely ever think of them.

Okay everyone, carry on . . .
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!