Page 174 of 703 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274674 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 7028

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 174

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I am still working my way through this journal, so forgive me if I am repeating something....but I saw the note about high fat days and even though you despise coconut, think that you might be interested in Bullet Proof Coffee. It calls for MCT oil (there is a link in the recipe-which is I think part coconut oil) I used coconut oil, but it didn't taste of the coconut at all. But you could always leave it out and just use the butter or change the portions to suit your taste. I think it might help you feel pampered, and not so likely to indulge in less yummy things. It is really yummy. Recipe: How to Make Your Coffee Bulletproof...And Your Morning Too | The Bulletproof Executive
    All these great ideas! I wish I drank coffee (the taste has never grown on me but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell) because I'm so slow to wake up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    +1 on the MCT/refined coconut oil, as long as you can find a good quality one which has been mechanically rather than chemically processed.

I too LOATHE the taste of coconut oil - just smelling it makes me gag. But the refined coconut oil I regularly use has absolutely NO coconutty taste; it doesn't really have a particular taste at all, and has proved surprisingly versatile in the kitchen for this coconut-hater.
    I tried to select a good brand from Whole Foods last May, one without that slap-in-the-face-UGH smell, but I tried a little amount in my tea and my stomach hit the EJECT button with great force. Maybe what I should do is try once more, but with an even tinier amount and see if I can tolerate it. (Or buy a different brand.)

::: knock knock knock ::: SIGI!!!

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    I tried to select a good brand from Whole Foods last May, one without that slap-in-the-face-UGH smell, but I tried a little amount in my tea and my stomach hit the EJECT button with great force. Maybe what I should do is try once more, but with an even tinier amount and see if I can tolerate it. (Or buy a different brand.)

::: knock knock knock ::: SIGI!!!
    Good luck! Remember, don't get virgin/unrefined/fancy-schmancy - you want the smell-free, mechanically refined stuff.

I'm not insane! My mother had me tested!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    You can bulletproof your tea as well! It is quite good really. Kerrygold unsalted butter, so yummy Itellya. The reviews I have seen for the MCT indicate there is no taste or smell to it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

If you require a side of YIKES to help you through your Monday morning, Lady Friend just posted the worst. dance. audition. EVER over on Pandaloonery. Because what isn't sexy about a man in gold pasties?

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    *heaves a sigh*

i thought it was gonna be you

you wave a dollar, i think this

(wait for it)
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Usually when Gay Panda is sick, this whiny, Q-sized baby prays for the apocalypse to hurry up and get through Customs so that the world can end in a fiery cataclysm that wipes out the panda sinus blockage along with it. But with my luck, my sinus blockage would be one of the few things that survive next to Twinkies and cockroaches.

This was my first illness since eradicating grains from my diet, and it was the weirdest illness I have ever had. They invariably start with a painfully sore throat, but this one started with a sporadic dryness that was more annoying than painful, and went away quickly. They progress to full blockage of the sinuses, putting me in misery for days and snorting salt water and taking pills fruitlessly to clear them, making my whole head ache with the pounding pressure that shows no intent to leave. That never happened with this one. I had vague pain that left with treatments of salt water. There was clearly something going wrong in there, but it was tolerable. I had a general sense of malaise and little appetite, but not much of a cough ever developed. And then the illness went away. I was tempted to eat toast to see if my symptoms would suddenly worsen, but I did not dare.

Now I review my resolutions listed here just before Mr. Virus visited, and I need to start over. Supplements were taken regularly until Mr. Virus knocked and I stopped eating, which moved them down to the category of Sporadic. Media shutdown happened between 8-9 with 85% regularity. Where I truly failed was more regulated mealtimes of actual meals. Well, I’ll try again today.

What also failed was the hoped-for effect of media shutdown. I still didn’t fall asleep or stay asleep with any grace and once stayed up most of the night bored and wanting my laptop. So I stomped to the store and bought melatonin figuring I had nothing to lose but more sleep. I do not know if it is placebo effect, but the first night I took it, I passed out during MST3K: The Lost Continent and missed the end when something exciting finally happened. I did not stay asleep, but in the three times I woke up overnight, I did not stay awake for long. My brain never got in gear to start thinking, and that is highly unusual. I have now tried it for three nights with similar results.

So that is where it stands in Panda Land, and I have to start weighing again. It just didn’t seem fair to annoy myself with the scale when I wasn’t feeling that great. So I will start up again tomorrow and see what damage Mr. Virus left behind.

Has anyone else had milder colds with the change in diet? Or was this just some light fluke of a virus?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    *heaves a sigh*

i thought it was gonna be you

you wave a dollar, i think this
    disturbing.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Blahblahblah pandacold
    There's a running theme that when PB folk get sick, it's lighter and quicker than what everyone else would get. Allergies lighten, colds (if caught) are sniffles, flus (if caught) are a 24 hr stint. I'd wager that's what's happening in the Bamboo Forest.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    yes, disturbing. i spend too much time on the internets

also i seem to get sniffly when i take vitamins, and the worst i've been sick since ze beginning is sneezing, sniffling, some fever & sleepiness
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!