Page 154 of 703 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254654 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 7028

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 154

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    I wore stripper shoes with my wedding dress! I think the lucite heels were a nice alternative to the boring white satin shoes >=)
    I wore black knee high Doc Martens, also a good alternative.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Boopy is offline Member
    I loathe those tiny terry-cloth shorts with words written across the butt. And the more salacious the words on the butt the more likely the shorts are to be three-sizes too small and totally age-inappropriate.
    44 year-old chick, 5'8"-ish, 2/6/12 Start Weight: 189.2
    My boopy stuff: MDA journal | Daily Plate

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    SOOOO true! Recently I saw a gal wearing the shorts, in the SNOW, with snow boots.....the back of her shorts said PHAT.......she was about a size 18, the shorts were about a size 12-14.
    SAD PHAT
    Redflame
    Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
    Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
    Goal of Significant Weight Loss
    15 pounds down! with more to go!

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Although I'm fairly indifferent to whatever weird apparel adults decide to wear, I have to say that the following when I was teaching MADE ME INSANE.

1) Please do not send your five-year-old daughter to school in three-inch platform sandals. It is very hard to run at recess while wearing three-inch platform sandals, and Teacher Panda has to spend a lot of time tending bruised knees. I won't say a word about her midriff if you ditch the shoes.

2) Please do not allow your six-year-old son to attend school in his Power Ranger Halloween costume for weeks on end. Yes, I know it's what he likes to wear, but it is okay to say no. You see, in addition to the distraction this causes, having a high-kicking Power Ranger among us in the classroom, it is also made of very thin material and it is forty degrees outside. Teacher Panda is tired of hearing your son complain that he is cold.

3) Please do not send your four-year-old daughter to school wearing an all-white outfit autographed by the designer, and inform Teacher Panda that I should not let her get dirty. (This particular child, in addition to just being four, was a veritable PigPen.) It made me sad when she would notice some new grass stain or paint on her autographed-by-the-designer-white-apparel and say in horror, "Teacher! I'm going to be in so much trouble!"

Boopy is offline Member
    A 5-year-old in platform sandals with a bare midriff? That is sad! I can only imagine what mom wears. <-- Probably tiny terry-cloth shorts with the word MILF across the back.
    Last edited by Boopy; 02-03-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    44 year-old chick, 5'8"-ish, 2/6/12 Start Weight: 189.2
    My boopy stuff: MDA journal | Daily Plate

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Thankfully, with the DISD dress code, we didn't have many issues with that. Even unnatural hair dye was technically verboten.
    There was one chick, however, that I saw in college. Due to where she carried her excess weight, she was VERY hippy. We're talking "nice tits, decent stomach, WHABAM, 3 axe handle hips!" I normally don't pay much attention to people's body shapes, but she called attention to it all too well. How? By wearing a fluorescent orange tube top with reflective sequin broad stripes, fluorescent orange mini skirt, and platform 6" high heels that matched the shirt perfectly. She LOOKED like a walking traffic cone, I shit you not.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I was out once with my aunt and saw a woman whose clothing was too tight and short and horribly age inappropriate. I said something about it and my aunt said "she probably just lost a lot of weight and wants to show off". So now that I am losing I try to be very conscious that I don't overdo because I want to show off.

My pet peeve, platform flip flops with a bathing suit (I am from Florida), for some reason they think this makes their legs look longer when it really just has a sort of 'Frankenstein's bride goes to the beach' look.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Kate_Tower is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I have many things I consider to be minor offenses, but there are some that cheese me off.
    -Peep-toe boots: they make no logical sense. when the hell would it be cold enough for boots (knee high or thigh high in some cases) but hot enough for open toed shoes
    -extremely long fingernails: again, practicality overrules whatever cool factor you think they have.
    -Logoed clothing: Right, because I'm going to pay you to advertise for you? I think not.
    -extremely skanky clothing: honey, have some respect for yourself and keep that in the house.
    -stripper shoes: see above
    -Anything that makes me go "oh, honey, no. What WERE you thinking?"
    -skinny jeans or low cut shirts on a guy. Just no.
    -extremely oversized gangsta clothing. It's just comical to try and watch them waddle along like penguins, holding their crotch like they hafta take a piss.
    Agreed!
    Happy Monday everyone! I am lucky. I wear uniforms during the week. So that keeps the wierd stuff to a minimum. But I am a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. Just add a fleece in the winter and I am good to go!!!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I wore black knee high Doc Martens, also a good alternative.
    My new best friend <3
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Gay Panda is on a ripper of a water spike.

There really is no reason why. For one lovely day I was in the sick and sexyfied 170s, and then I bumped back to the 180s and my body is completely uninterested in returning. Instead, it spirals higher and higher, and Gay Panda has had to put on The Patient Hat when really what Gay Panda wants to do is yell as this drags on. This is entirely unfair since it isn’t my fault or my body’s fault, it’s just what happens, and my clothes fit wonderfully and my measurements show improvement.

I think that a lot of us have emotional trigger numbers. Gay Panda has two: 200 and 180. The first many of you probably share. 200 kicked me down the road like a can, spinning wildly and scraping on the pavement and slamming into curbs, because it seemed like such an insane number for one panda to be. I don’t body build. I’m not a football player. I don’t have a conjoined twin. Dear Valhalla, I don’t even eat that much! 200 is where my mind drew the line between plump to obese, and to not even share the same hundreds digit as my goal weight made that goal weight seem impossible. 200 was an emotional slaughterhouse for me. Of course, no one is really any thinner at 199.8 than at 200.0, but just to see the 1 instead of the 2 made me feel spanky.

Of lesser degree but still present is 180. When I was running miles and maintaining a massive calorie deficit for months on end, I was unable to slide past it to the 170s. No matter what I did, I could not get lower than 180. And then my body began rocketing up, fleeing past the high 180s to the 190s and settling there as I ran myself to injuries and my body finally said KNOCK IT THE HELL OFF AND FEED ME. And then it climbed higher, because the foods I chose for a body desperate for calories were healthy whole grains and tons of fruit. Past 200 and up and up . . .

What if that is what is happening again? I doubt we’ve hit replay, but to have a water spike of some duration at this specific number is a jolt. I wasn’t expecting it to bother me this much, but it does. So I’m fighting with myself today, because part of me wants to have a tantrum and the rest of me is saying you’re in the low 180s and that’s great and the water spike will go away like it always does IN TIME. But this is where Gay Panda runs into one of the panda flaws: patience is a virtue that I do not possess in great quantities. And weight loss requires it in spades.

But I have a day full of activities that must be attended: such rousing sport as laundry and vacuuming and shopping for swine flu and steak. My sink needs to be scoured and I found the original notes on The Dammerung from many years ago to read, and it entertains me to see how those first scribbles eventually became a gigantic book. I need to edit my series and yell at Avada Kedavra to stop pecking at the house because the sound makes me crazy. So maybe the best way to deal with the trigger number is not to put any more energy to it; I got my bitch out in my journal and sent a rude text to Lady Friend, and now I should do other things besides feeding a dwell. The dwell does not solve anything, and allowing it to grow will stop me from doing all the productive things about the house and in my life that would make me feel better in the long run.

So my word for the day is gracious, which I will act even if I do not feel, and on to laundry.