Page 152 of 715 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252652 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 7150

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 152

Gay Panda is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Gay Panda is a loser. And that is okay.

I am afraid that my usual verbosity in print has run dry, so I leave you with

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I get the image of the Ranma 1/2 Panda with the look of dumbfounded shock. Thank you, knid sir, for such an AWESOME mental image!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by Kate_Tower View Post
    I cannot wait till I am in the 180/170's How long has it been since you started?

How about you? Indulging or skipping this year?
    Indulging, of course, but I'll only buy one of the little boxes when I'm at Target (and I'm rarely at Target).

I started restricting carbohydrates in mid-March of last year. My highest weight ever in this lifetime is 231, and last March I was 217. And even though I didn't think it would work and these people were all crazy, I figured what did I have to lose? Weight Watchers: Fail. Diet pills: Fail. Running: Fail. Calorie restriction: Fail. So why not add Carbohydrate restriction: Fail to the list? I studied that Carbohydrate Curve for several days and began to edge myself down. By April I began eating more according to the primal philosophy and finally booted grains and most sugars altogether.

March 19th, 2011: 217.0
    February 2nd, 2012: 179.6

So it's at a pace of 3.5-3.6 pounds a month on average. I envy people who just drop it like no one's bidness (some people accomplish in three months of regular cheats what it has taken me 10 1/2 months of mostly strictness to achieve) but I've had to learn to take the longer view. Those 3.5 pounds of missing panda add up every month. But I have to stay on top of it to make those 3.5 pounds happen, and sometimes I still have pauses for no reason at all.

How funny that you lost taste for the cake! I had the same thing happen to me at a restaurant last summer. I took one bite and it was just as you said, sickly sweet and dry. I stopped right there to the horror of my dinner companion.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I loved those little cadbury bird eggs with the candy shell.
    Oh, Yes!

So, I may skip the mini eggs this year. Just so they will always be as good as I remember them.
    The "crunch" is still as awesome, and if you get the dark chocolate ones, they are not quite as sweet.
    I will probably buy a bag, or two at Easter
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Tala Mosi is offline Junior Member
    Hooray, hooray, GP is melting away!!

179.6!!!!! That's absolutely, positively, undeniably the most wonderful Thursday news I've ever read!

Congratulations, dear Panda, and I hope you did a little happy dance after stepping on the scales this morning.
    "There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by phreebie View Post
    I often think back to that rhetorical question I have been occasionally asked; "If you had your time again, would you do anything differently?" I have always thought along the lines of owning one's mistakes and growing stronger and developing character through them, and so my answer was always pretty much a "no". Now I have diet and exercise routines that actually work for me, so if I had my time again, I would start on these as early as possible.

Then the taoist side of the equation arises and one asks, would I have been able to truly enjoygood health if I did not suffer poor health?

Also, I don't know if what I was doing before could be considered a mistake. Was it wrong, incorrect? Certainly. It was however following the *ahem* very best scientific and medical advice with the best of intententions and the strictest of disciplines.

Now I find myself with problems on a whole new level. I continue to look around ideas regarding health, fitness, exercise and mental acuity. Regardless of how much sense things seem to make I inevitably find myself asking;

Is this more of the CW stuff that I've been trying all of my life without success and simply repackaged?
    Is this the new breakthrough that can take me places against the flow of CW, like PB has?
    Is this some weirdo crackpot dude with a website and something to sell?

Then I think to myself, "Well Phreebie, why don't you just stick to the sites you know and trust and ignore everything else, until it's filtered by people you already trust?"

That's hardly a paradigm for self-aware learning and development though is it?

Sorry for the incoherent rambling, I promise I haven't been drinking.
    It wasn't incoherent, phreebie! You brought up a lot of interesting questions. Even though my choices have made me who I am, had I the time to live over again, I would make different choices. It's not that I dislike who I became, and it isn't as if making a different choice wouldn't have created its own problems. But I didn't pick what was best for me. I just didn't know any better at the time, which is why I went to an expensive prestigious college and landed myself massively in debt with a worthless degree and wondering where the jobs I had been told would appear were hiding.

Thank you for the TED talk! I will watch this evening when I return from pushing around my swine flu ridden cart at Whole Foods. (Damn you for going on a business trip, Lady Friend! Damn you!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tala Mosi View Post
    Congratulations, dear Panda, and I hope you did a little happy dance after stepping on the scales this morning.
    Thank you! No, I didn't dance. I just stared in shock! Frankly, if I'd looked in the mirror this morning and seen a Pegasus staring back, I couldn't have been any more surprised than I was at 179.6.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Again, Ranma panda with the look of dumbfounded shock, picking up the scale and peering under it to make sure it wasn't busted, and repeating to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Same dumbfounded shock expression. Headscratch. Shrug of acceptance. That's about what I did when Geek told me the barbell bar was not, in fact, "only a pound or two" and I had just barbell bench pressed over a third of my body weight.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    That's about what I did when Geek told me the barbell bar was not, in fact, "only a pound or two" and I had just barbell bench pressed over a third of my body weight.
    That's so cool!

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hooray for Panda - Whooooooo!
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!