Page 151 of 699 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 6989

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 151

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    * drool * Gay Panda WANTS those Cadbury Creme Eggs.
    Pixie Kitten, it's not nice to tease pandas!!

Oh GP, congrats on the 180!!!!!
    (hehehehe, 180 degree "turn")
    Last edited by winencandy; 02-01-2012 at 06:37 PM. Reason: congrats
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

phreebie is offline Senior Member
    Yes! Congratulations on the milestone, and a thousand times yes to your quote below. I often think back to that rhetorical question I have been occasionally asked; "If you had your time again, would you do anything differently?" I have always thought along the lines of owning one's mistakes and growing stronger and developing character through them, and so my answer was always pretty much a "no". Now I have diet and exercise routines that actually work for me, so if I had my time again, I would start on these as early as possible.

Then the taoist side of the equation arises and one asks, would I have been able to truly enjoygood health if I did not suffer poor health?

Also, I don't know if what I was doing before could be considered a mistake. Was it wrong, incorrect? Certainly. It was however following the *ahem* very best scientific and medical advice with the best of intententions and the strictest of disciplines.

Now I find myself with problems on a whole new level. I continue to look around ideas regarding health, fitness, exercise and mental acuity. Regardless of how much sense things seem to make I inevitably find myself asking;

Is this more of the CW stuff that I've been trying all of my life without success and simply repackaged?
    Is this the new breakthrough that can take me places against the flow of CW, like PB has?
    Is this some weirdo crackpot dude with a website and something to sell?

Then I think to myself, "Well Phreebie, why don't you just stick to the sites you know and trust and ignore everything else, until it's filtered by people you already trust?"

That's hardly a paradigm for self-aware learning and development though is it?

I watched this TED talk today and found it fascinating, again I wonder which category it falls into, but I am going to give it a go for Feb.

https://www.ted.com/talks/shawn_acho...tter_work.html

Sorry for the incoherent rambling, I promise I haven't been drinking.

Congratulations again on the 180s Woohoo

WHY HAVE I SPENT MY ENTIRE ADULT LIFE FAT AND SICK WHEN THERE WAS AN EASY SOLUTION ALL ALONG?!?!!? Ugh. If I'd been eating like this, would I ever have gotten fat in the first place?
    Live. Grow. Flourish.

My Journal/story is at http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread38948.html

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    51 pounds? My goodness, that's an awful lot of evaporating Panda. Well done!

And good luck with maintaining your fortitude in the face of the upcoming Cadbury Creme Egg season. Bad PixieKitten!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    I can't help it! Every time I see a display of creme eggs, my mind flies to Panda! I really really wanted one too but my boyfriend literally grabbed my hair and pulled me away xD He know's all I'd do is complain about having one if I did!
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Thankfully, I have a rather severe distaste for Cadbury eggs. On the other hand, I do have a love for Robin's Eggs, especially the Whopper ones, and Rollo eggs
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    forget the candy, I want a bunny mask with ear sparkles!
    I think that should be an essential part of a Jammie Ensemble!

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Friend View Post
    I humbly submit this for your primal enjoyment.

P.S. Oh, yeah, bacon IS a vegetable!
    WTF?!?!?! Is this a joke letter? If it's not, I adore her approach to becoming vegetarian: how do I cheat at it?

SweetPickles is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations, Panda!!

I think I've always been kind of eh on all Easter candy. It's all about waxy, tasteless chocolate and those hard, gritty jellybeans that taste like they've been rolling underneath somebody's couch cushions for forty years. That being said, it never stopped me from putting it in my mouth before.

Kate_Tower is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetPickles View Post
    Congratulations, Panda!!

I think I've always been kind of eh on all Easter candy. It's all about waxy, tasteless chocolate and those hard, gritty jellybeans that taste like they've been rolling underneath somebody's couch cushions for forty years. That being said, it never stopped me from putting it in my mouth before.

I know right! My last "egg" was last easter and I am afraid to try it this year because it probably wont be as good as I remembered it. I loved those little cadbury bird eggs with the candy shell.

I came to this conclusion because my coworkers gave me a little surprise party for my birthday and had cake *GASP* that came from a well known bakery that we have used before and I know it tastes awesome. I ate a slice and it was all I could do to choke it down. It was sickly sweet, dry, and I had the most amazing carb crash right after I ate it. So, I may skip the mini eggs this year. Just so they will always be as good as I remember them.

Congrats Panda! You are moving right along!!! I cannot wait till I am in the 180/170's How long has it been since you started?

How about you? Indulging or skipping this year?

KT

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    I think that should be an essential part of a Jammie Ensemble!
    Add the black broom of death and a bag of grated cheese and it's like Donnie Darko, but more fabulous and without all the teenage nihilistic angst!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick