Page 146 of 703 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246646 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 7028

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 146

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I forgot to mention that I'll be ordering a copy of the book once I'm caught up on my library books.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I forgot to mention that I'll be ordering a copy of the book once I'm caught up on my library books.
    If I made myself wait to get new books until I'd read every book on my shelves, I'd be waiting a very long time. By the time I finish one, I've got 5 more wating in the wings. I'm in the middle of 3-5 fiction books and 2-3 nonfiction books at any given time.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I'm in the middle of 3-5 fiction books and 2-3 nonfiction books at any given time.
    me too!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    In my defense, I have several books out of the library right now so I have to read them before they have to be returned.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    and if they are library ebooks, they just vanish when they are due.
    Bonus, no more overdue fines
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    GP! It's a sign! I added your book to my Amazon wishlist (for payday...unless the Budget is still crying after rent, then maybe I'll wait for the installments starting on the 14th) and I saw this.

Amazon.com: Kotobuki 280-129 2-Tiered Bento Box, Panda Face: Kitchen & Dining

Admittedly, it's because I looked at it last week while I was bored at work. But it's a sign. You are, and forever shall be, Gay Panda.

You will diminish, and go into the West, and remain Gay Panda.
    This whole post cracked me up, with the exception of your crying budget. I do not even want to know how much it just cost me to have the washer/dryer fixed, and we shall pretend the decimal is in the wrong place on the vet bill.

PART ONE: Spending more time with Windows Vista has reminded me of all the reasons I struggle to like her, and I am glad that she has The Great Pumpkin for companionship. She is not a bad cat, just one who is never satisfied with circumstances, and she expresses the depths of her rankle in a loud and whiny voice. (Dear NYC ASPCA: Lest Twilight Barking be alerting you to Gay Panda feeling few warm-and-fuzzies for one of the Panda Pets, be aware that Gay Panda fed her a chicken breast yesterday and petted her and fibbed that she was a wonderful cat to promote high Self of Steam.)

I’ve always received three completely different reactions upon arriving home:
    PRIMAL COACH KITTY: Friend! (While running toward me for petting)
    THE GREAT PUMPKIN: Enemy! (While running away from me in terror)
    WINDOWS VISTA: -and I’ve been hungry for HOURS! I don’t LIKE kibble! I’ve NEVER liked it and I don’t know WHY you keep buying it! I want MOIST FOOD with chunks and sauce! Are you DEAF? Well, then I’ll just talk LOUDER! I WANT MOIST FOOD WITH CHUNKS AND SAUCE AND YOU PET ME WRONG, GAY PANDA! Don’t walk away when I’m talking to you! Stop . . . there, I tripped you! HAH! How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t like kibble? I DON’T LIKE KIBBLE!

Primal Coach Kitty, ever thrilled to see me, and The Great Pumpkin, who has to be hugged and consoled that I did not turn into a cat-eating zombie at Whole Foods, mitigated the deluge of Windows Vista’s disgruntlement. When I would go on vacations and drive them to Kitty Kennel, the ruckus they created in the backseat made me feel like I was trapped in a deranged Meow Mix commercial.

PRIMAL COACH KITTY: Hack. Hack-hack.
    GAY PANDA: How can you get carsick at thirty miles an hour?
    THE GREAT PUMPKIN: Don’t give me over to zombies! I’ll be good, I promise!
    PRIMAL COACH KITTY: Hack-hack-HACK! Ahh. I made something warm!
    GAY PANDA: Don’t roll in your barf, Primal Coach Kitty!
    WINDOWS VISTA: -and I spent ALL MORNING waiting for the sun to hit the porch! Wasn’t it bad enough that you fed me kibble for breakfast? I HATE KIBBLE. I WANT MOIST FOOD WITH CHUNKS AND SAUCE! So I had a bad breakfast and THEN you petted me wrong and THEN you yelled at me for tripping you and THEN just when the sun was at the right angle to the porch, you put me in the carrier! YOU ARE A BAD PANDA, GAY PANDA. Are you taking me to the vet?
    Last edited by Gay Panda; 01-31-2012 at 07:50 PM.

PART TWO:
    THE GREAT PUMPKIN: The vet?! Not the vet! The vet is a zombie! She’s going to eat me!
    BENIGN POLTERGEIST: Yo mama so dumb that-
    PRIMAL COACH KITTY: Take it back! TAKE IT BACK! Hack. Hack-hack.
    WINDOWS VISTA: -and how many times during the day is the sun at that perfect angle to the porch? How many times? ONE TIME. I’m allotted twenty minutes of happiness a day from the sun and YOU TOOK THAT AWAY. I don’t get the food I want, I don’t get the petting I want, all I get from this lousy world is twenty minutes of perfect sunshine. ASK ME IF I’M GETTING MY TWENTY MINUTES OF PERFECT SUNSHINE TODAY, GAY PANDA. The least you could have done is given me moist food with chunks and sauce-
    PRIMAL COACH KITTY: Hack-hack-HACK!

It always ended with me pulling into Kitty Kennel to unload one giant orange cat soaked with the urine of fear, one happy tabby covered in vomit, and Windows Vista bitching out the kennel worker and Gay Panda and everything in this mortal plane.
    KENNEL WORKER: Aren’t you pretty? Who’s a pretty kitty?
    WINDOWS VISTA: -and I am NOT HAPPY about this! I missed the sunshine that keeps me GOING through this MISERABLE existence! I had a bad breakfast and now YOU’RE petting me wrong, too! What? You don’t get to leave, Gay Panda! COME BACK HERE, I’M NOT DONE TALKING!

I feed her, I pet her, I take her to the vet, and I will wish her happy birthday on Thursday and give her a damn can of moist food with chunks and sauce. But she is the most annoying cat I have ever had. Sometimes I feel badly about this and make greater efforts to see her good qualities, but they are usually subsumed under her persistent bellyaching.

Since my weight has again splattered against the brick wall of 181 pounds of panda, let’s forgo primal and weight loss conversation today and just tell our weirdest/most annoying pet stories instead.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I have several, but I'll space 'em out so I'm not typing this for 3 hrs at work.
    Growing up, I had a cat named Emerson, after the television (I hoped it was the author, but no, it was the television because he liked to sleep on top of it.) I had this cat from the time we were both 6 months old al lthe way to high school. One of the best Emerson stories was the tale of the furnace repairman. The furnace was kaput and it was the middle of winter. While, to you, it wouldn't appear that a heater would even be needed in Dallas winter, we were all freezing our nips off and my mother finally told Dad to "get it fixed of I'm renting a hotel room until you do." Dad hires the repairman. Now, mind you, Emerson was not a small cat. He was a grey and white tuxedo cat, with a grey cape and mask on a white base, and he was a good 2-3 feet long, depending on whether or not you included his tail. He was also very muscular, as he was an indoor/ outdoor cat, who had mockingbord dessert on a regular basis. At any rate, the furnace repairman shows up, and us kids are packed off to our bedroom to be out out of the way. I hear footsteps thud away, I hear him go down the stairs and navigate the maze than was the den, and then I hear thumpthumpthumpthump... "Ma'am, would you mind removing the mountain lion from in front of the furnace?" So I was summoned to remove Emerson to our bedroom and keep him there.
    We also inherited a cat named Punk when I was in HS. He made damn sure he lived up to both that and his two nicknames: "Orange Puppy" and "Orange Nuisance." He rather enjoyed human food, but wasn't the most graceful thief in the world. For example, my mother was eating fetuccine alfredo one day while watching tv. She feels her plate move, looks down, and sees Punk sitting on the side of the chair with a Fu Manchu mustache of fetuccine alfredo and the wide eyed innocent look of "who, me? I didn't do it." Another time, mom and the three of us were eating biscuits with maple peanut butter. Before any of us could get to the stove in time, Punk had a whole biscuit in his mouth, sticking out like the world's most edible hockey puck. There's also the time that he got his claw stuck in his tongue while eating a hunk of meat (no clue how.) He was yowling and hissing, but he wouldn't let us get near him to remove it and he wouldn't drop the hunk of steak so that he could remove the claw himself. We eventually ganged up on him and released the claw, but that poor cat gave himself a tongue piercing.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Children, today the joke is on Gay Panda. The Windows Vista story I wrote yesterday and then forgot to copy-paste from my Word doc to MDA, so I threw it up this morning figuring I'd hit the Brick Wall of 181 again anyway. After I hit post, I weighed myself.

High Fat is GROSS, High Fat is DULL, and High Fat WORKS for the fussy panda body. High Fat is a total pain-in-the-panda-neck and entering every bite of my food in a phone app is very boring and repetitive. Did I mention how repetitive it is? It's repetitive. But on January 3rd after my road trip I was 191 pounds of water-retaining panda, and High Fat shuffled that off quickly and took some friends along with it.

I might actually hit the 170s, which I have not seen since the 1990s. That thud you just heard was my jaw hitting the floor.